• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Why are they pushing the narrative that MvC:I is not an "MCU-based game", when the roster revealed thus far absolutely contradicts that 100%?

While that's problematic, the lack of so far trying to implement Vision and Wanda...ya know...actually UNIQUE characters in the MCU is such a crime and really bizarre. Vision and Wanda should be in over copy-pasta Nova and fucking Ant-Man.

Ant. man. It just makes me sick.

How would Vision or Scarlet Witch be more unique than Ant Man? We already have plenty of characters who can fly and shoot projectiles/beams, but none that can shrink or grow dramatically.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why are they pushing the narrative that MvC:I is not an "MCU-based game", when the roster revealed thus far absolutely contradicts that 100%.

While that's problematic, the lack of so far trying to implement Vision and Wanda...ya know...actually UNIQUE characters in the MCU is such a crime and really bizarre. Vision and Wanda should be in over copy-pasta Nova and fucking Ant-Man.

Wanda is in weird situation since she apparently is still under Fox Ban during early development. Well, they probably meant by Nova, Ghost Rider and Venom since the roster already decided like a year and half to two years ago.

What's wrong with Ant-Man?

Stupid question, probably born out of sleepiness: if we were to get Agent Venom, and he was a 2 in 1 style character, would each half have their own .zip file?
809765e8f88f8a6f4af4de9baa6a7b58.png
(SymbioteHuge)

(SymbioteSoldier)

Anth0ny

Why are they pushing the narrative that MvC:I is not an "MCU-based game", when the roster revealed thus far absolutely contradicts that 100%?

They're probably not allowed to come out and straight up say "Marvel doesn't let us use certain characters"

So they tip toe around it and it makes them look really dumb because EVERYONE knows what the deal is.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Stupid question, probably born out of sleepiness: if we were to get Agent Venom, and he was a 2 in 1 style character, would each half have their own .zip file?
(SymbioteHuge)

(SymbioteSoldier)

Fuck that.

Give me Eddie Brock.

latest

Lulubop

Are you joking? Ant-man is a more important character and has wayyy more interesting potential than those too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I didn't meant to change the topic right away but I have been looking into alt. costumes for the characters. I'm curious what would be most wanted costumes for those confirmed characters.

I really hope that they would chose something different for Dr. Strange since he have several costumes that he could receive for premium costume(s).

Village

They put two wolverines in before wouldn't be a problem.

Speaking of which

say we get X men DLC, you think they will just make logan and old man and make X23 wolverine? Because I feel like... that's some shit everyone would be fine with. Everyone is kind of totally fine with concept of wolverine being old, its like ryu . If we ever got old ryu, everyone would be fine.

Neonep

E3 really did a number on this game. At the same time though, it's been down hill since Ryce posted the roster. This game should have been called Avengers Vs. Capcom.

tribal24

Banned
Speaking of which

say we get X men DLC, you think they will just make logan and old man and make X23 wolverine? Because I feel like... that's some shit everyone would be fine with. Everyone is kind of totally fine with concept of wolverine being old, its like ryu . If we ever got old ryu, everyone would be fine.

It doesn't have to be old man Logan , he can just be Logan and x-23 can be wolverine. Don't matter they both would be different anyways.

Well, now that someone brought up Bone Claw Wolverine I'm not so sure Capcom wouldn't do Venom/Agent Venom. :p

I mean, I guess they would play completely different...

99% they're just Venom goons

Village

Eddy brock venom is largely uninteresting outside of design. He's nothing really.

Flash thomson venom made me feel, things and invest in the character, and then he went into space and did cool shit with the guardians of the galaxy and shit. Flash thomson used the venom symbiote to be a better person and character , with out legs mind you, than eddy brock could ever hope to be in the entierty of his publication .

Also flash thomson venom gave me mania

so he wins

While I think Agent Venom looks kinda cool, i don't think having two aesthetically similar characters would sit so well in such a small roster, even if they're both popular. Flash can be DLC.

Also I don't mind Logan not being Wolverine (especially if he wears his sick ass wifebeater/jeans combo from Origins) but he better have the dumb looking Heihachi hair. The main reason i don't want straight up Old Man Logan is because i love his signature hair style and OML got rid of that.

While I think Agent Venom looks kinda cool, i don't think having two aesthetically similar characters would sit so well in such a small roster, even if they're both popular. Flash can be DLC.

That might explain why Ryce's source thought Venom was coming in s2, I guess

Its not really going to happen, I'm sure

Neoxon

At this point, I'm kinda worried that the game may not hit a million for a long while. Maybe Capcom can somehow turn things around, but that's looking less likely by the day without a delay.

Blueblur1

At this point, I'm kinda worried that the game may not hit a million for a long while. Maybe Capcom can somehow turn things around, but that's looking less likely by the day without a delay.

I was all in on that $200 edition until now. I just canceled it because its not worth it to me anymore. And the game's price will probably hit rock bottom in a month or two just like SFV did. I'm sure I can grab a $15 copy before the end of 2017.

Neoxon

I was all in on that $200 edition until now. I just canceled it because its not worth it to me anymore. And the game's price will probably hit rock bottom in a month or two just like SFV did. I'm sure I can grab a $15 copy before the end of 2017.
What, because of Combofiend trying to cover for Marvel?

Neonep

It might do well the 1st week and then word of mouth with spread that it doesn't have people's favorite characters and thw graphics look like shit. I'm sure the reviews won't be kind especially after Injustice 2 & T7 just came out great. This will probably be another SFV. It's as if Capcom doesn't have anybody during development that tells them that this is a good decision and this is a bad decision. Capcom needs to hire somebody that does that because more and more of their games are becoming tone deaf.

Neoxon

It might do well the 1st week and then word of mouth with spread that it doesn't have people's favorite characters and thw graphics look like shit. I'm sure the reviews won't be kind especially after Injustice 2 & T7 just came out great. This will probably be another SFV. It's as if Capcom doesn't have anybody during development that tells them that this is a good decision and this is a bad decision. Capcom needs to hire somebody that does that because more and more of their games are becoming tone deaf.
Obviously there's shit that Capcom can't control, but I agree that more can be done about the shit that they can control.

After what happened with SFV and it's 1.6 million copies sold (the last time they updated the number IIRC) it would be a great feat if Infinite reaches the 2 million that Capcom wants.

Anth0ny

As painful as it would be, an 8 month delay to give the game some much needed polish + release alongside Avengers: Infinity War with Mahvel hype at an all time high would probably boost sales dramatically.

Neonep

Obviously there's shit that Capcom can't control, but I agree that more can be done about the shit that they can control.
Exactly, this game could have still been great even without X-Men & Fantastic 4 characters. Pretty much everybody in the know knew they weren't going to be in the game in December when it was announced yet people were still excited. In all honesty Capcom should delay this game but they don't want it to be released to closely to MHW which is probably why it's being rushed and has a small budget. This game could benefit majorly from another 3 months in the oven.

Delays aren't going to do much by this point. They either worked on it or they didn't in terms of the animations and faces. The Versus build is three months old giving them a buffer time of five in total for development from that reference point. The E3 demo was way earlier than that. So there's a fair chance they could use the remaining month to clean shit up and the second to last to go gold. Or they ship it out as is. That doesn't mean they can't go gold and then work on a patch in the mean time but I dunno how long cert takes. If they do have something better to show it better come soon.

Neoxon

As painful as it would be, an 8 month delay to give the game some much needed polish + release alongside Avengers: Infinity War with Mahvel hype at an all time high would probably boost sales dramatically.
As Neonep mentioned, there's also MHW to consider, which is releasing in Early 2018.

MrCarter

Reviews for SFV were not as good as Injustice/T7 (even though T7 was also barebones compared to past titles) but it was still good with an average of 77 on meta critic. I actually think this might review higher than SFV due to having more casual content at launch, which is even more ironic because SFV actually looks much better.

Neoxon

Reviews for SFV were not as good as Injustice/T7 (even though T7 was also barebones compared to past titles) but it was still good with an average of 77 on meta critic. I actually think this might review higher than SFV due to having more casual content at launch, which is even more ironic because SFV actually looks much better.
I believe SFV's Metacritic score was comperable to ARMS.

Neonep

The fact that in that Gamespot interview that even with all of the PR speak that one of the producers slammed the Chun Li model. That's not good. Outside of the FGC that got hands on, nobody was talking about that game positively after E3. That's bad.

There are no excuses from the roster. The shit is boring, too safe, and not diverse in any capacity, something even SFV got right. I know their hands were tied on the Marvel side but the Capcom side is even worse. I know they want to save the fans favorites for DLC but when you focus too much on making money than delivering a good product then you fuckes up a long time ago.

Blueblur1

What, because of Combofiend trying to cover for Marvel?

No, its the combination of everything else:

1. Story Mode looks to be of low quality (especially compared to competing games in the genre) and is only going to be 3 hours long
  2. Story Mode, Arcade Mode and Trials are the only single player modes so reviews and early impressions will be rough
  3. Aggressive DLC announcements (Season 1) already faced a backlash; additional DLC announcement ('its called Infinite for a reason') will hurt the game more
  4. Undesirable aspects of the game (roster, ugly characters for example) have become memes and have been spreading beyond the FGC, and forum threads (on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
  5. Undesirable aspects of the game like the fugly characters will not be addressed by launch (and maybe never will be)

I feel that all of these are going to stifle the game's sales at launch just like the revelation of no Arcade Mode and missing features hurt SFV days before its release. And then there's the comparisons to draw between Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 which are arguably higher quality games with tons of more content.

And there's the fact that the game is coming out in the fall when all the heavy hitters are coming out. The rest of this fall's games are of different genres but they all compete for mind-share and budgeted gaming dollars.

JayEH

I would say this is good since Capcom would learn their lesson and make a better game next time but they should have learned that after SFxT, then SFV...how many more fuck ups do they need to go through before they realize that can't bring this half assed shit to market anymore. They deserve to be ran out of the fighting game market at this point.

We don't even know if something like the online might blow up at launch. They need an absolute perfect launch to even have a chance at the game selling well.

MrCarter

The fact that in that Gamespot interview that even with all of the PR speak that one of the producers slammed the Chun Li model. That's not good. Outside of the FGC that got hands on, nobody was talking about that game positively after E3. That's bad.

There are no excuses from the roster. The shit is boring, too safe, and not diverse in any capacity, something even SFV got right. I know their hands were tied on the Marvel side but the Capcom side is even worse. I know they want to save the fans favorites for DLC but when you focus too much on making money than delivering a good product then you fuckes up a long time ago.

This. Despite what he may think of the product personally, saying that he thinks Chun-Li looks ugly in this game was a stupid thing to do. It gives out a message that if the games producer doesn't have any confidence in the game, then why should the consumer?

Neonep

As Neonep mentioned, there's also MHW to consider, which is releasing in Early 2018.
When it was announced at PSX for 2017 I instantly thought the end of 2017. I thought they would target November but it would slip to February 2018 because that's when Capcom traditionally releases their fighting games. That's why when I initially saw the release date I was shocked. Then we all started to see the shape the game was in and then I started to think why is this game coming out so soon when it doesn't really need to. Then MHW was shown and I put it together. Capcom did that to themselves.

Top Bottom