• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What if Sigma has a divekick tho? :eek:

Ack top of the page. Here, have this to celebrate the DLC announcements >_>

bwi_post_master.jpg

Dahbomb

Bruh have you seen Nova in this game?

He most definitely has a dive kick.

Dante has a dive kick, Zero has a dive move, Firebrand has a dive kick etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did anyone in here get the CE that can confirm if this is real and not a Photoshop? I honestly can't tell if this is all an elaborate joke or what.

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/909810714461777920

yes its true, its not hard to find various unboxing videos where you can see them.

It would be nice to get Samanosuke Akechi from Onimusha: Warlords and Regina from dino crisis. I would also hope quake makes it in given her powers I think they could do some cool stuff with her. Agrippa from shadows of Rome would be a another cool capcom addition.

Alt accounts arent allowed on Gaf Munch!

Durden77

Capcom, Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, & Nether Realm can all make competent fighting games. We can all agree on that. The massive difference between the products that Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, & Nether Realm put out and that Capcom put out is that they the other 3 put out complete products and Capcom doesn't anymore. The sales show that for Bandai Namco & NR and I don't think there has ever been this much excitement for an ASW game as there is for DBZF.

MvCI is a complete game. Arcade, story, online, solid roster size, missions, collectibles, ect. I'd say it's a more "complete" game than Tekken 7 was at launch. Yeah SFV got flack at launch for being incomplete and deservedly so, but I don't understand that criticism for MvCI.

Yeah you may not agree with the presentation or it may not have a character you want in it, but that doesn't stop it from being complete. It has everything a standard fighting game should have. Yes, there is room fro improvement, but damn near every fighting game has room for improvement at launch, no matter how full featured they are.

Capcom, Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, & Nether Realm can all make competent fighting games. We can all agree on that. The massive difference between the products that Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, & Nether Realm put out and that Capcom put out is that they the other 3 put out complete products and Capcom doesn't anymore.

I think it's a bit more nuanced than this.

Arc System Works has had a failing lately where they stopped dubbing their games which was especially egregious for me since I had actually been somewhat invested in the dubbing for BB and they dropped it for the last game in the series. That was enough of a deal-breaker for me that I didn't even get the last BB. Their dlc prices on new character is also really high compared to the competition.

Netherrealms puts out complete packages in terms of single player content, but they also completely fuck up their pc ports to the point of IJ2 not even releasing on it. Plus there are serious roster gripes on their end too for DC fans (too much batman and guest characters)

And this latest Tekken kinda cut out a lot of the fun single player stuff Tekken games normally do so well for a Story Mode that's pretty mediocre and a survival mode you have to grind for unlocks that is really not very fun.

Not to say that Capcom isn't on the worst end of fuck-ups for all these but I actually don't think it's as far apart from the other 3 as it seems.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Venom definitely needs a movelist remake and he will most likely get one.

Speaking of.. guess the whole "all new" characters thing was a misdirection as well for DLC now that Venom is confirmed.

MvCI-Character-Pass.jpg

How many times do I gotta pull out the "don't believe their lies" and "don't read too much into PR lip service"?

Venom is technically new character in a sense despite he had a veteran status.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nice work on the OT, like the comic-inspired look! You've put more work into a consistent style than the game itself has! ;-)

Black Widow and Winter Soldier announcements out of nowhere, eh? Eh... Ok. *shrug* I came out of the CapAmerica movies strongly disliking Bucky, and ScarJo Black Widow is a decent character there, but she's definitely not who I'm looking for in a fighter. Lets see how much of Deadpool and Jill's functions she covers, lol. Winter Soldier going to be a Spencer best-bud? If so, I hope he's surprisingly, amazingly well done, or I probably won't care for him, haha. I'd have taken Falcon over him, he needs a good gaming representation one of these days...

MonHun has potential to be great, I hope she gets treated as well as Dante, when it comes to bringing the feel of her potential moveset into this universe. She's kinda a blank slate similar to Link, in that adding her to this world lets you make a recognizable character that can be shifted into almost anything you want. Great sword and Twin Blade styles, with Hunter Horn Team buffs, Lance Shield and Counter, Bug lance Aerial combos, Hammer based Power Stone combos, and a guest appearance by at least 1 MH dragon would make me pretty happy with her. With DLC costumes being male and female variants of different armor sets.

Venom should be great, yeah. Judah is a good indicator that they can get these once 2D locked characters pretty faithfully recreated, which goes against everything else in this game, lol. I like the look of Space Knight Venom more myself personally, but I like the personality and animation Classic Venom brings even more than that, so he's a win in any style, basically. Can't wait to see his new tricks.

An unbalanced character number that's suppose to be out by years end? I don't care much about the "this should have been on the disk!" side, since Capcom seems to be notably bad at those decisions consistently. But that uneven character balance... 2018 should have more Capcom and less Marvel Focus, then? Sounds like a good time to work on Breath of Fire and Captain Commando! *ahem*

Capcom, Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, & Nether Realm can all make competent fighting games. We can all agree on that. The massive difference between the products that Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, & Nether Realm put out and that Capcom put out is that they the other 3 put out complete products and Capcom doesn't anymore. The sales show that for Bandai Namco & NR and I don't think there has ever been this much excitement for an ASW game as there is for DBZF.

Infinite is definitely a complete game, so the main issue here is that the other companies you mentioned make competent video games, while Capcom's fighting games are just competent fighting games.

I think it's a bit more nuanced than this.

Arc System Works has had a failing lately where they stopped dubbing their games which was especially egregious for me since I had actually been somewhat invested in the dubbing for BB and they dropped it for the last game in the series. That was enough of a deal-breaker for me that I didn't even get the last BB. Their dlc prices on new character is also really high compared to the competition.

Netherrealms puts out complete packages in terms of single player content, but they also completely fuck up their pc ports to the point of IJ2 not even releasing on it. Plus there are serious roster gripes on their end too for DC fans (too much batman and guest characters)

And this latest Tekken kinda cut out a lot of the fun single player stuff Tekken games normally do so well for a Story Mode that's pretty mediocre and a survival mode you have to grind for unlocks that is really not very fun.

Not to say that Capcom isn't on the worst end of fuck-ups for all these but I actually don't think it's as far apart from the other 3 as it seems.

Y'all forgot NB's Gundam Versus, which doesn't even have a fucking Training Mode to practice shit in. And Tekken lacks basic online shit like Replays. NRS games are usually content great, so I can't fault them there, but they did the same dumb shit with their SP where they hid their characters and said "hey man, buy it anyway".

ASW doesn't even have functioning Ranked Modes so everyone has to play in their awesome ass lobby system (last time I checked)

Chavelo

Just give Venom his old HP bite normal and his ground forward movement animation (crawling on the ground) back. Maybe his QCF+P lunge attack as well. Everything else could be new and I would be a happy boy.

Rhaknar

Infinite is definitely a complete game, so the main issue here is that the other companies you mentioned make competent video games, while Capcom's fighting games are just competent fighting games.

that... is a fantastic way of looking at it.

I'm just baffled at how little that seems to matter these days, apparently.

V-Faction

That DLC announcement is so dumb.

"text text text text text everynewcharactermetnionedintextform text text text"

It's just as bad as revealing characters as DLC in the announcement trailer. Like, guys, just HIDE THE FACT that there's going to be any DLC at all, it'd be way more hype to speculate. It's so.... lopsided and a hype-killer.

EYEL1NER

I haven't been paying as much attention as I should have, I guess. No Japanese voices is definitely shitty news and the CE figures and stones look atrocious. I'm glad I could see the CE stuff now though so I won't be so disappointed when it arrives tomorrow. The lack of JP voices is a bummer though since I find so many of the voices for Infinite to be awful. Even the news that there is no fight money isn't enough to make up for the lack of JP voices.
The FunkoPops look cool but the only one I'd get is Morrigan and there doesn't seem to be one.

Since Captain Marvel's pre-order premium costume is PS4 exclusive, will she get another one down the road that is available to both consoles and she'll just have an extra costume on PS4 over the Xbone version? Or is that her only one and she will not have one at all on Xbone?

Oh, and Capcom getting shorted on DLC characters in Season One is fucking lame. I hope the seasons aren't as long as they seem to be in SFV.

EDIT: Hmmm, those pics of the CE stones and characters have me thinking maybe I'll return the CE and get the DE instead. I'd like to at least look at the CE items in person though and I doubt I can return an opened CE, even if it is so unsatisfactory.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
interestling enough, the DE edition is higher in the sellers list than the normal on GMG.

4th for DE, 9th for normal.
I'm guessing that's due to the fact that the Season Pass is going to be $30, so it's (slightly) cheaper to buy the DE instead of the regular one + SP.

Y'all forgot NB's Gundam Versus, which doesn't even have a fucking Training Mode to practice shit in.
To be fair, none of the previous games in the series did either.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Black Widow 2099 would be a nice costume choice that'd add a bit of racial diversity to the roster.

Winter Soldier DLC Costume will totally be a modified normal Bucky, no?

Classic Venom will probably have an Anti-Venom color, but I doubt they'd make a costume around it. Would be great If he has as much texture changing as UmVC3 had with his alt colors.

latest

I'm guessing that's due to the fact that the Season Pass is going to be $30, so it's (slightly) cheaper to buy the DE instead of the regular one + SP.

To be fair, none of the previous games in the series did either.

There was only one game on the consoles, I guess. But there's a bunch of situational stuff that players don't know how to combat (Zero System bullshit) that, without some sort of resource, the player can't fight back against. And timing attacks on different wakeups could be helpful for players too.

It's just a weird oversight since they have Free Mode -> Stop but offer no options to alter the CPU in stop.

Spinky

Glad I got this for basically half-price since the two characters I want to play the most by far are freaking DLC.

I have never wanted day one DLC to be a thing so much in my entire life.

JayEH

Glad I got this for basically half-price since the two characters I want to play the most by far are freaking DLC.

I have never wanted day one DLC to be a thing so much in my entire life.

I wish they would just release them but they need to keep up appearances that they're still being "worked on".

Rhaknar

Begginer's league is a actual seperate option in the online menu btw

Ayyyy, preload(deluxe edition, rip wallet) finished! Now we wait.

Got my brothers and a few friends coming over for some MAAAHVEL greatness! All of us are casuals, but we always get excited for anything MvC related. Spidey/X seems to be my team after watching those character intros on youtube.

Top Bottom