• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Tik-Tok

Ayyyy, preload(deluxe edition, rip wallet) finished! Now we wait.

Got my brothers and a few friends coming over for some MAAAHVEL greatness! All of us are casuals, but we always get excited for anything MvC related. Spidey/X seems to be my team after watching those character intros on youtube.

For PSN ? Whens it unlock? I've asked a bunch of times and haven't seen an answer.

EYEL1NER

I edited my post above saying I might return the CE for the DE. Now I'm really thinking I'll do it, once the CE shows up in the mail tomorrow, since the only differences between the two are the physical items in the CE. I hate to do it; I mean, I've owned a SFV CE since launch (or right after launch) and have never played the game since I don't have a PS4 (I will get one at some point though) and having this CE for a game I'll actually play isn't worse than that. I buy lots of MvC merch, so it'll feel odd not having the shitty-looking eggbox and statues, even if the statues are of lame-o characters like Captain Marvel and X (should have been Ryu and Wolverine, but alas... no more mutants).

Maybe Infinite CEs will hit closeout prices at some point down the lines and I can get one on the cheap then.

Platy

Speaking of.. guess the whole "all new" characters thing was a misdirection as well for DLC now that Venom is confirmed.

Chances are it is the "perfect chaos" venon from the story trailer or something like that, not eddie brock venom

JayEH

Okay, so there's only ONE voiced victory line in ONE language: how the heck does this lip-synch happen?

They couldn't have edited the Marvel 3 animation so he didn't just flap his jaw when not talking? The actual heck.

I think they cut out part of the line there. I think he says "I'm part of the Nova Force, I can't lose" something like that.

Buuuuuut with that being said the lip syncing in general is still trash.

Edit: Yeah the video cuts of the opening line just saw it in another video. He says "As a member of the Nova Force, I can't lose".

This is still the greatest character
/kharacter
reveal of all time ever.

Nothing has been able to top this yet.

That's not Snake in...

You know what, fucking Smash has amazing character reveals in general.

Snakes still the best one though

fuck, okay, I actually think Snake was the best reveal

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this dude playing against Keits using a lot of wall jumps with Hulk and it looks awesome :eek:

NEO0MJ

Plot twist it's flash Thompson venom

I wonder if they'd go that route. I mean Capcom have shown a willingness in SF V to drastically change characters, but switching from Eddie to Flash is pretty risky, as the former is pretty much the Venom as far as most people are concerned.

better than Cloud?

Cloud was an unexpected surprise, but the way Snake was revealed was amazing. After the hype of the Brawl reveal and the fade to black, they bring up the iconic codec beep and conversation. But rather than be an announcement of a new game it's Smash getting its first third party character, and Snake no less!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder if they'd go that route. I mean Capcom have shown a willingness in SF V to drastically change characters, but switching from Eddie to Flash is pretty risky, as the former is pretty much the Venom as far as most people are concerned.

Zero chance. Eddie is back as Brock and hes being pushed HARD too, he has a book now and will have another book soon (Venom Inc.)

Smash has the best character reveals of any game tbh

Going through Bayonetta/Cloud/Ryu/Mega Man/etc. reaction videos in Smash 4 gives me life
I still think that Brawl reveal trailer is the GOAT trailer. Used to watch that with friends for hours even after we'd already seen it a million times.

brian!

Really love the new charge mechanic for zero. That and the inabiliy to rebind two of the same button has been making him very rewarding to learn

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
There was only one game on the consoles, I guess. But there's a bunch of situational stuff that players don't know how to combat (Zero System bullshit) that, without some sort of resource, the player can't fight back against. And timing attacks on different wakeups could be helpful for players too.

It's just a weird oversight since they have Free Mode -> Stop but offer no options to alter the CPU in stop.
Only one? It's a pretty long running series actually.
And the most "Practice mode" it ever had was battling just one CPU opponent on the lowest difficulty in Free Battle (or "practice" by going through whatever Mission Mode a given iteration had)

Mind that I'm not defending the game on that, it's just something that no one expected it to have because the series never did.

Now I gotta think of a projectile person for Thanos.

Only one? It's a pretty long running series actually.
And the most "Practice mode" it ever had was battling just one CPU opponent on the lowest difficulty in Free Battle (or "practice" by going through whatever Mission Mode a given iteration had)

Mind that I'm not defending the game on that, it's just something that no one expected it to have because the series never did.

The Versus games have been on the PSP a few times, and the PS3 twice. So you are right in that regard ( forgot about Extreme and just remembered Full Boost). Still, fighting games should evolve, even if the original games didn't have it, that's not always a good enough excuse for future titles.

What I'm trying to say is Capcom gets flak in that area, and rightfully so. But all developers should, because these dudes are out there missing simple shit.

Infinite's porting of mostly characters from 3 sucks but I'll give them one thing... they've redone some of the characters enough that guys I wouldn't think of touching before like chun and iron man are looking really great to play this go around.

Rhaknar

Black and Red Cap (on Keit's stream) looks dope.

Nova's Centurion Rush H looks terrible. It looks slower and weaker than the one in MvC3. Also, does he still have Energy Javelin?

yes he still has javelin

Sesha

Nova's Centurion Rush H looks terrible. It looks slower and lacks impact compared to the one in MvC3. Also, does he still have Energy Javelin?

mas8705

Cloud, Ryu, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Bayonetta reveals were great. Cloud, Mega Man and Ryu were top four along with Snake in term of good reveals.

Ryu's got spoiled though sadly. Still, considering how Smash Bros handled reveals of brand new characters, it was definitely something to enjoy every time it happened.

If I had to rank it though, I think Cloud's reveal probably topped the list considering that out of everyone that could be added, he was literally the last person you'd think would be in Smash Bros (since everyone else at least enjoyed being on a Nintendo system at one time or another).

Dahbomb

Nova's Centurion Rush H looks terrible. It looks slower and weaker than the one in MvC3. Also, does he still have Energy Javelin?
Yes and now he can do it in the air.

Centurion art moves are kinda reworked and he can do many of them in the air ad well.

vg260

The inability to rebind the same button actually really sours me being a pad player.

It never fails to baffle me how fighting game devs are so inept at handling their button configuration and end up limiting options in some way. Like when they screwed it up for pad players in the 360/PS3 MvC2 port, where the button config was actually less customizable than the Dreamcast version. The one in SFV overlooks a similar thing. It happens so frequently, and it's infuriating to me as I use both sticks and pads, and there's always some oversight.

Stop giving us only a fixed list of combinations to assign to buttons and let us pick a button and assign any action or combo we want.

Skullgirls did this years ago, and it's able to handle anything you want. You can even ignore the functionality if you want. It's 100% flexible. For the love of god, just copy it in every game.

I keep meaning to make a thread on this because it irritates me so much, and always gets overlooked.

FSLink

Banned
Wow, I know back then this was awesome....but that reveal trailer looks pretty lame now. Combo game has evolved.
Which is why people complaining about DBZF combos being limited or MvCI movement options being limited sound hilarious to me. Yes, they might end up being limited, but we aren't gonna know for awhile.

NEO0MJ

Zero chance. Eddie is back as Brock and hes being pushed HARD too, he has a book now and will have another book soon (Venom Inc.)

Haven't followed either of the big two in a long time so I'm kinda surprised. They kept it from him for so long. How did Flash lose the symbiote?

Top Bottom