• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

LzEALWD.png

tenor.gif

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I know this is probably a filthy-casual thing to ask... but does anyone know how this might play on Steam via keyboard?

I know, I know... but as my disability progresses, keyboards increasingly become easier to use than pads/arcade sticks, and I know things like Dragon Punch motions were removed in favor of (down, down) motions.

Is there any other "filthy casual" options like easy-assist specials, etc?

playing a keyboard is basically a hitbox, ...right? Not uncommon to see people use those for this style of fighting game these days, so you might be alright. You could always give it a go and refund it on steam if it seems bad.

From what I know the game has auto-combos that complete a magic series for you and you can have easier hyper inputs, but I don't know if there are any other modifications you can make to the controls to make it more accessible to people with disabilities. I don't think there is any getting around having to do quarter circle inputs for instance.

playing a keyboard is basically a hitbox, ...right? Not uncommon to see people use those for this style of fighting game these days, so you might be alright. You could always give it a go and refund it on steam if it seems bad.

From what I know the game has auto-combos that complete a magic series for you and you can have easier hyper inputs, but I don't know if there are any other modifications you can make to the controls to make it more accessible to people with disabilities. I don't think there is any getting around having to do quarter circle inputs for instance.

Standard hadouken is actually pretty easy (for me at least) to do via keyboard. I got pretty good at rolling the buttons in a way that feels pretty natural.

Its mostly dragon-punch or 360' circles that I expect to be frustration via KB. But hey, I don't want to win EVO, so much as I just want to have a good time. :)

Obscura

Oh man. Pre-loaded and ready to go. I was pretty down on this game for most of it's development but I'm fully on board the hype train now. I still have some big issues with it but it's hard to watch these early days matches and not think "this is defintely Marvel."

Anyone have a link or explanation regarding how the combo system works in this game? I know it follows the general rule of one wallbounce, one ground bounce but other than that I'm clueless. I'm seeing these Thanos palm combos and wondering if hit stun deterioration even exists in this game.

Oh also, Jedah/Frank all the way.

Dahbomb

Oh man. Pre-loaded and ready to go. I was pretty down on this game for most of it's development but I'm fully on board the hype train now. I still have some big issues with it but it's hard to watch these early days matches and not think "this is defintely Marvel."

Anyone have a link or explanation regarding how the combo system works in this game? I know it follows the general rule of one wallbounce, one ground bounce but other than that I'm clueless. I'm seeing these Thanos palm combos and wondering if hit stun deterioration even exists in this game.

Oh also, Jedah/Frank all the way.
If hit stun deterioration didn't exist in the game then the Thanos combo would be an infinite. It's just a small loop.

jett

D-Member
I've watched five minutes of the story mode and I'm not sure I can really watch all of this. It's too bad the popularity of Netherrealm's games has given Capcom the misguided notion of wasting resources on this kind of crap.

Dahbomb

I've watched five minutes of the story mode and I'm not sure I can really watch all of this. It's too bad the popularity of Netherrealm's games has given Capcom the misguided notion of wasting resources on this kind of crap.
That "2 hour, cinematic full motion captured and voice acted cutscene story mode" costed us a bunch of extra characters and better visuals/UI.

Hell if the story mode costed as the bare minimum of 2 characters then I would still say it wasn't worth it.

vg260

That "2 hour, cinematic full motion captured and voice acted cutscene story mode" costed us a bunch of extra characters and better visuals/UI.

Hell if the story mode costed as the bare minimum of 2 characters then I would still say it wasn't worth it.

Yup. There's no way this story mode will convince me the trade-off was worth it.

Anth0ny

we have the sfv babbies to thank for that one

jett

D-Member
A bad story mode isn't reason to exclude them in the future, it's a reason to do better.

No, fighting games that are already done on a tight budget don't need to waste money on this stuff. I'd be content with a regular-ass arcade mode with a couple of cut-scenes for each character and that's it.

No, fighting that games are already done on a tight budget don't need to waste money on this stuff. I'd be content with a regular-ass arcade mode with a couple of cut-scenes for each character and that's it.
It's not a waste, as the most financially successful fighters in the recent era manage to pull it off.

Capcom needs to stop being cheap as hell.

Jawmuncher

Unless this game would've had a roster the size of MVC2. They would've gotten tons of shit for no story again. Even if the graphics were better. At this point any fighter that can appeal to the mainstream that isn't some smaller anime fare has to have some form of story mode. If anything capcom just needs to budget better as well as work on their timing for development. Capcom want's that Injustice 2 money. But seem to not realize they'll need to put a bit more work in to get anywhere close to that. Not even a Marvel only fighter that looked exactly like MVCI does right now would've magically made that much money with this current presentation.

Still holding on to hope for Slam Masters Widow (would at least keep things even, 3 Marvel, 3 Capcom) and because I legitimately WANT Slam Masters Widow

but

Thunderbolts costume for her premium costume Capcom, do it!

(its hard to find alt costumes for Widow)

f_blackwidow_thunderbolts.png

I said 347 times that was most likely "all new compared to the last game" or "all new in 3D and with all new moves" like Thanos.

Youre not wrong tho, DONT believe their lies lol.

Black Widow 2099 would be a nice costume choice that'd add a bit of racial diversity to the roster.

Winter Soldier DLC Costume will totally be a modified normal Bucky, no?

Classic Venom will probably have an Anti-Venom color, but I doubt they'd make a costume around it. Would be great If he has as much texture changing as UmVC3 had with his alt colors.

latest

I'll Take AntiVenom any way I can get it.

Black Widow
Original/Classic black widow
Classic. Probably default.
Yelena Belova
but actually Natasha in disguise

Actual?
Yelena Belova

Ultimate Comics Jessica Drew/Black Widow
Grey Suit Black Widow

Winter Soldier might get his Bucky outfit, his current more movie inspired look as his default, his original winter soldier look, other things I'd have to look up which I'd rather not right now

I hope Zip Leak 2: Electric Zippadee-doo happens when the steam version unlocks and people go through files.

Like I don't want to find out the DLC characters are in there or anything, but like a season 2 list for example? Hell yeah.

I wouldn't mind the discussions....

jett

D-Member
It's not a waste, as the most financially successful fighters in the recent era manage to pull it off.

Capcom doesn't have Daddy WarnerBucks to make it rain.

Anyway, neither Street Fighter or even less this weird shit are ever going to have a story mode that's not going to be narrative garbage.

edit: the cut-scenes in this game are actually well-made technically, the story and the dialogue is just absolutely dreadful.

Unless this game would've had a roster the size of MVC2. They would've gotten tons of shit for no story again. Even if the graphics were better. At this point any fighter that can appeal to the mainstream that isn't some smaller anime fare has to have some form of story mode. If anything capcom just needs to budget better as well as work on their timing for development. Capcom want's that Injustice 2 money. But seem to not realize they'll need to put a bit more work in to get anywhere close to that. Not even a Marvel only fighter that looked exactly like MVCI does right now would've magically made that much money with this current presentation.
I just remember that everyone told us the lack of newcomers and the fact that characters looked like shittier versions of their UMvC3 counterparts was because they were gonna cram in a ton of veterans and newcomers on top of it.

Even Spencer is in!

MrCarter

No, fighting that games are already done on a tight budget don't need to waste money on this stuff. I'd be content with a regular-ass arcade mode with a couple of cut-scenes for each character and that's it.

Yeah, I think I'm slowly inclined towards having no Cinematic story mode for Capcom fighters in the future. There is no need to waste budget on a thing people will watch and forget in a day when they could improve on the product overall. Will miss them though if this happens as I always enjoy the silly lore.

JayEH

That back of the box bullet point though.

I'm of the the mind all fighting game story modes are bad though I do enjoy the more fan servicey and fun modes that this seems to be. Well fleshed out arcade mode works better for fighters.

Hyun Sai

No, fighting games that are already done on a tight budget don't need to waste money on this stuff. I'd be content with a regular-ass arcade mode with a couple of cut-scenes for each character and that's it.

And it's also way shorter and far more replayable with different characters.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, I think I'm slowly inclined towards having no Cinematic story mode for Capcom fighters in the future. There is no need to waste budget on a thing people will watch and forget in a day when they could improve on the product overall. Will miss them though if this happens as I always enjoy the silly lore.

I really don't see capcom dropping story modes anytime soon. They know it's the biggest thing that could potentially allow for their sales to grow. They just need to play their cards right out of the gate. Good graphics like SFV, Content like MVCI. They'd be golden with that.

Dahbomb

This poor Gammora/Spider Man player getting absolutely hammered on Floe's stream.

Seems like it's their first VS game and Floe is just clowning with Dante LOL!

We are going to have so many "you gonna learn today" moments with this game especially since the netcode seems to be holding up thus far.

Mik317

what they need to focus on is doing stuff like world tour or weapon master modes. Those are the true MVPs of Fighting Game Single Player Content.

Why try to do exactly what Netherrealm does when you can set yourself apart I say....might even require less resources (don't know for sure as I am no expert) and thus doesn't take away from the gameplay per say.

Skab

They're not making these story modes for players like you though. They already get your sales based on the gameplay and competitive nature of them.

The story modes are for the casuals who play story modes, arcades, and vs ai for a couple days/weeks then put the game down more or less for good. It's for the people who gobble up netherrealm games for their single player content and never play another human being.

It has nothing to do with Capcom being cheap. NRS has Warner Bros, so they obviously have access to greater resources than Capcom does when it comes to making a great story.

As far as we know, Marvel and Disney put no $$ into this project. They just influenced the overall direction (visuals, themes of the Marvel characters, story oriented, MCU, etc) of the game instead.

It has nothing to do with Capcom being cheap. NRS has Warner Bros, so they obviously have access to greater resources than Capcom does when it comes to making a great story.

As far as we know, Marvel and Disney put no $$ into this project. They just influenced the overall direction (visuals, themes of the Marvel characters, story oriented, MCU, etc) of the game instead.
I think Capcom's actions leading up to release don't exactly convey an air of financial cushioning.

Whoever held the purse strings here messed up, and it shows.

Personally I'd prefer the story to be told by each characters with arcade style mode and some cutscenes and ending (even if its just visual novel style brief dialogue) for some of the battles.

Making a unified story mode where you only play each character 2 or 3 times is just not worth it. First making a story where you have to fit in all 30 characters to fight at least once is a nightmare and will just make the story messy.

There's so much less character interaction you can cram into the story.

Dlc character onward got screwed from being playable in the story mode.

In the end, you got less playtime since you play through the story mode in just 2 hours. Compared to individual story mode where you have to beat the game 30 times (15 times of we get story for both characters you pick) and this way majority of time is spent on playing the game rather than watching fancy cutscenes

Mortal Kombat as far as I know, offer both style of story

SheHateMe

Goodie, only me and 2 other guys at Gamestop. All 3 of us got the Deluxe and they cant find any of them

At least yours was open.

I got called about 3 hours ago and was told to be here at 9. I get here 20 minutes ago annnnnnnd the store is closed.

Huh.

Waste of time, this was.

I think MvC has a bit more to it just because it's based on comic book characters...and the biggest ones at the moment. I would agree with other games, but since Marvel is so big at the moment, it seems right to spend developer time making the story mode.

Top Bottom