• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Ok so if I go "the UI looks amazing, and the fact that the 6 new characters are DLC is actually a good thing, it means Capcom will get more money. Also Spencer is so good, the game should have 30 Spencers" I'm not being a troll (well a reverse troll... a shill if you will), I'm just having a disagreement?

Well that's hyperbolic, 'cause that's an extreme opinion. I don't go around saying "man, this game fucking sucks, the gameplay is trash, Capcom's just fucking rehashing everything, they should have added at least 56 new characters".

Like at that point, it's pretty obvious someone is trolling for a reaction.

Me saying "i think it's fair to complain about this aspect that I think looks bad" is not the same, I don't think. Just like someone saying "I think that the PPKK button layout is superior to the LMHS layout" isn't trolling. Or people saying "eh, the UI doesn't matter that much". Or "hey those DLC characters will probably be pretty hype".

Also, I've never called someone a shill. People that call others shills because they're legitimately excited for the game (or call people names because they aren't or have issues with it) are god damned idiots.

jett

D-Member
Looking at them side by side I have to admit the base is closer than what I remember (probably helps that I used a high resolution cemu screenshot for TTT2), but IMO T7 still ends up as a better looking game than its predecessor.

Surprising to see how close those two models are in terms of polygonal makeup.

Then again not all that surprising when that franchise is still using some animations from multiple generations ago.

so any differences between ps4 and xbox? i read that xbox has less input lag, but it seems that most of the community will be in ps4 regardless from what i've seen so far in streams

so any differences between ps4 and xbox? i read that xbox has less input lag, but it seems that most of the community will be in ps4 regardless from what i've seen so far in streams

I am sure we will get some more in depth comparisons regarding graphical differences and final input lag numbers once the game is released tomorrow. I am interested to see if the input lag gap stays the same on this build.

Ok yeah now that I've actually played a bit I can confirm that the game would look way better without the weird grey filter over everything. For some reason none of the colors pop at all. Really don't understand this.

Well that's hyperbolic, 'cause that's an extreme opinion. I don't go around saying "man, this game fucking sucks, the gameplay is trash, Capcom's just fucking rehashing everything, they should have added at least 56 new characters".

Like at that point, it's pretty obvious someone is trolling for a reaction.

Me saying "i think it's fair to complain about this aspect that I think looks bad" is not the same, I don't think. Just like someone saying "I think that the PPKK button layout is superior to the LMHS layout" isn't trolling. Or people saying "eh, the UI doesn't matter that much". Or "hey those DLC characters will probably be pretty hype".

Also, I've never called someone a shill. People that call others shills because they're legitimately excited for the game (or call people names because they aren't or have issues with it) are god damned idiots.

I think the issue is that the person you were responding from in the chain said it's reasonable to judge the entire model of a character based on one singular bad feature. That's ridiculous and cherry picking. Not saying that was your intention but that's what homeboy meant.

Ok yeah now that I've actually played a bit I can confirm that the game would look way better without the weird grey filter over everything. For some reason none of the colors pop at all. Really don't understand this.

I have a feeling we are going to get some slight changes to things like this and CA. SFV made some nice improvements in the visuals like they did with shadow dithering.

I expect this would be an easier fix than that was. Hopefully they take the feedback to heart and get at least an option to turn these things off out quickly.

JazzmanZ

With the game upon us I'll remember the good times and bad we had speculating this game it's been a blast

xZC3yD1.png

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I think the issue is that the person you were responding from in the chain said it's reasonable to judge the entire model of a character based on one singular bad feature. That's ridiculous and cherry picking. Not saying that was your intention but that's what homeboy meant.

Sure, fair. Though I don't think they were. They were making a joke, I think, with someone saying "Iron Man looks good!" and they posted an image of Tony's face, which doesn't look that hot with a "hmm...". They never said that Iron Man was ugly because of it. It was pointing out in a funny way that not all of Iron Man looks great.

Or at least that's what I though they were doing.

Like yeah, Iron Man looks great as long as you don't win with him. :p

kobu

I've been playing online since saturday and every match has felt amazing but we'll see how things go once the game is actually out.

Damn, I didn't know posting Tony's ugly mug would start some arguing. It was just a joke and I know Zero-ELEC isn't a troll. He's a bit more critical than some of us but he cares. I'n still hype and will be getting it on PS4 tonight!

JayEH

Damn, I didn't know posting Tony's ugly mug would start some arguing. It was just a joke and I know Zero-ELEC isn't a troll. He's a bit more critical than some of us but he cares. I'n still hype and will be getting it on PS4 tonight!

What's your agenda?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope Zip Leak 2: Electric Zippadee-doo happens when the steam version unlocks and people go through files.

Like I don't want to find out the DLC characters are in there or anything, but like a season 2 list for example? Hell yeah.

Zero is the worst person in human history

RUN IN FEAR

That's not true when you exist tho.

Spman2099

The thread name is absolutely amazing. Well done, TC.

I can't wait to pick this game up... in six months for twenty dollars. ;)

Actually, hate aside, I will join you guys when Cyclops makes it in. When the X-Men start emerging I will be jumping on the train. Or a bunch of awesome Capcom characters. The first six are solid picks, but they aren't going to sell me the game.

Jawmuncher

You can do it for the launch week and change back.

If someone does a Regina edit I will lol

Actually, hate aside, I will join you guys when Cyclops makes it in. When the X-Men start emerging I will be jumping on the train. Or a bunch of awesome Capcom characters. The first six are solid picks, but they aren't going to sell me the game.

OH REALLY.
Making us put up with your boy firebrand and you ain't even gonna be there for him.

Spman2099

OH REALLY.
Making us put up with your boy firebrand and you ain't even gonna be there for him.

Oh shit, they remembered...

Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind rocking an Arthur/Firebrand team. However, not at full price. Maybe I will jump in when it hits the forty dollar price...

>_>

You and your damn memory, Jawmuncher.

FSLink

Banned
Preloaded on my PS4. I guess I'll take a nap and then start playing.

Gonna go with X/Iron Man at first and try others later.

Skab

Wait hold up, I was saying it WASN'T reasonable. Either way, didn't mean to stir everyone up, so moving on!

I keep hopping it will let me launch my steam version early :[

any PC keys that are cheap? The one I preordered are suddenly region locked... and most keys appears to be

I ordered from Play-Asia for just under $34, since I've had over a decade-long history with them. In response to my question as to whether or not it would work in the US, they stated that the key should work so long as their site lists that it works worldwide, which it does. Just praying at this point. ;_;

Weiss

Banned

Yeah I'm waiting a bit too. At least until Season 2 of DLC is announced, unless we get a surprise Capcom character in Season 1. I like most of the first wave of DLC but I gotta shell out extra for them.

X and Jedah make me so happy but eh, I don't know if I can buy a game at full price just for two characters.

I know this is probably a filthy-casual thing to ask... but does anyone know how this might play on Steam via keyboard?

I know, I know... but as my disability progresses, keyboards increasingly become easier to use than pads/arcade sticks, and I know things like Dragon Punch motions were removed in favor of (down, down) motions.

Is there any other "filthy casual" options like easy-assist specials, etc?

JayEH

I know this is probably a filthy-casual thing to ask... but does anyone know how this might play on Steam via keyboard?

I know, I know... but as my disability progresses, keyboards increasingly become easier to use than pads/arcade sticks, and I know things like Dragon Punch motions were removed in favor of (down, down) motions.

There's auto combos via mashing LP and easy hyper combos by pressing HP + HK.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

amazing

not all dps were replaced by dd motions. Just fair warning.

Top Bottom