• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

NEO0MJ

Man, I really miss Iron Man's disco ball : (
I feel it might have actually been kinda useful in this game.

Hold the fuck up this guy like 4 pages back just called MvCI incomplete recycled trash and then praised Tekken 7 in the same sentence.

Yes, MvCI is a bit of a trainwreck, but T7 is just as bad, it not worse.

It helps Tekken 7's case that it looks much better than Tekken 6, instead of coming off as a downgrade in some aspects like MvCI did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So....what if the next season is UMvC3 veterans?

Could even out the sides that way. 4 Capcom veterans and 2 (non X-Men probably) Marvel characters.

Wesker, Vergil, Akuma, Hsien-Ko, Iron Fist, She-Hulk or Task?

Returnees would be x-men almost for sure, so I could see wolverine and maagneto being the two in your scenario.

Any low-key character that didn't make the base roster will probably never return (your she-hulks, Taskmasters, Viewtiful Joe's etc).

Zero-ELEC

Banned
If I had my way, we'd have two seasons in 2018.

Returnees would be x-men almost for sure, so I could see wolverine and maagneto being the two in your scenario.

Any low-key character that didn't make the base roster will probably never return (your she-hulks, Taskmasters, Viewtiful Joe's etc).

Goodbye female characters. ;_;

Ya'll crazy if you think next season will be 4-2 again. Nobody in these past 9 months called this season pass being lopsided. We literally have zero precedent with how this game's being handled at this point. Next season could be 17 Capcom characters and a Ninja Turtle for all we fucking know.

It helps Tekken 7's case that it looks much better than Tekken 6, instead of coming off as a downgrade in some aspects like MvCI did.
T7 is TTT2 with worse hair and better wet skin, visually.

Skab

Ya'll crazy if you think next season will be 4-2 again. Nobody in these past 9 months called this season pass being lopsided. We literally have zero precedent with how this game's being handled at this point. Next season could be 17 Capcom characters and a Ninja Turtle for all we fucking know.

I would be COMPLETELY okay with this addition

Iron Man looks better.

Hmm...

dTCFP5d.png

Jawmuncher

If they're not hitting by the end of the month I'll be surprised. Since we're supposed to get 6 characters before the end of the year.

FluxWaveZ

I'll be asking dumb questions in here because I'm a newbie to this series, despite having played a bit of (U)MvC3 when it came out.

First: Are there chip kills? And is it super only like in SFV, or can specials do it too? I think I remember X-Factor in MvC3 being activated to prevent being chipped out, but I haven't heard about how it works in MvC: I.

brian!

Man, I really miss Iron Man's disco ball : (
I feel it might have actually been kinda useful in this game.

It's possible it was taken out for that reason, itd be really strong for sure

I'll be asking dumb questions in here because I'm a newbie to this series, despite having played a bit of (U)MvC3 when it came out.

First: Are there chip kills? And is it super only like in SFV, or can specials do it too? I think I remember X-Factor in MvC3 being activated to prevent being chipped out, but I haven't heard about how it works in MvC: I.

Chip kills are in and you don't have to super (nm think im wrong about this?). They heavily increased the scaling of chip though. Im not entirely sure w/r/t how the stones affect it.

JayEH

only supers in infinite.

Phloxy

Gonna be live soon with this. I'm coming in from a more casual POV, feel free to ask anything. Going to be rocking Team Iron-Mega man for the most part.
twitch.tv/namtox

Coda

Approach in this game is going to be really hard to grasp. I feel like I'm in the lab for hours and then I go online and get bopped by not contesting my opponents normals correctly. I've won some too online, but the game feels insanely offensive at this point so my Dante/Jedah team has no room to breathe.

Skilletor

You do not, no.

So...you're saying something looks worse when the thing you're saying looks worse isn't even in the game to which you're comparing it? lol.

Everybody that isn't humanoid looks WAY better in this game than MvC3. Metal stuff looks great in this game, and Iron Man is no exception.

I-hate-u

So I just listened to Dante's theme in this game.....

Are Capcom just trying to be offensive to all senses? What in the heck is that arrangement and who approved it?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So...you're saying something looks worse when the thing you're saying looks worse isn't even in the game to which you're comparing it? lol.

Everybody that isn't humanoid looks WAY better in this game than MvC3. Metal stuff looks great in this game, and Iron Man is no exception.

I'm saying that comparing MvC3!Iron Man with MvCI!Iron Man, one could say that for Infinite!Iron Man they added a bit that looks bad that wasn't there before.

And, y'know, yeah? I never said anything to the opposite. As long as you see minimal skin or none, the characters look fine.

So I just listened to Dante's theme in this game.....

Are Capcom just trying to be offensive to all senses? What in the heck is that arrangement and who approved it?

OST in general seems very lackluster. Every Marvel character's theme sounds like something you'd hear in an MCU movie...which, is probably the point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
0IEO9nW.png

I mean, the game chooses to focus on it, so yeah? It's reasonable?

See, its shit like this where you flip flop from having reasonable complaints and being a troll, its so frustrating.

Saying Iron Man doesn't look better than he did in 3, where he was basically a red blob with no detail (the 3 shader really didn't do him any favours), is like someone saying the Infinite UI is better than the one in 3. It's simply not true.

You don't even see his face in 3, but because you do now (in a cutscene) that means his model isn't better?

I would argue all things shiny look better, its like the one thing where the game looks better. But even if you don't want to go to bat for Nova for example, Iron Man? Really? Come on dude...

You're not saving any money getting the deluxe edition but if you do pre order it you get two extra costumes.

You get 6 costumes with the season pass aswell.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
See, its shit like this where you flip flop from having reasonable complaints and being a troll, its so frustrating.

Saying Iron Man doesn't look better than he did in 3, where he was basically a red blob with no detail (the 3 shader really didn't do him any favours), is like someone saying the Infinite UI is better than the one in 3. It's simply not true.

You don't even see his face in 3, but because you do now (in a cutscene) that means his model isn't better?

I would argue all things shiny look better, its like the one thing where the game looks better. But even if you don't want to go to bat for Nova for example, Iron Man? Really? Come on dude...

I wasn't the one that said that Infinite's Iron Man looked worse that MvC3's, tho. I just said, it's reasonable to pick on the part that the camera focuses on in the victory cinematic, i.e. his face.

Also, people can have disagreements without being trolls, man. People can even be flat out wrong, or base their idea on incorrect observations without being trolls.

I'm saying that comparing MvC3!Iron Man with MvCI!Iron Man, one could say that for Infinite!Iron Man they added a bit that looks bad that wasn't there before.

And, y'know, yeah? I never said anything to the opposite. As long as you see minimal skin or none, the characters look fine.

His face doesn't negate the fact that he looks better overall. The effects, the textures, the general model quality, the lighting. His face being ugly as sin doesn't mean the rest of that character looks like shit.

Saying Iron Man doesn't look better than he did in 3, where he was basically a red blob with no detail (the 3 shader really didn't do him any favours)

I think this might be a tad bit hyperbolic.

Rhaknar

I wasn't the one that said that Infinite's Iron Man looked worse that MvC3's, tho. I just said, it's reasonable to pick on the part that the camera focuses on in the victory cinematic, i.e. his face.

Also, people can have disagreements without being trolls, man. People can even be flat out wrong, or base their idea on incorrect observations without being trolls.

Ok so if I go "the UI looks amazing, and the fact that the 6 new characters are DLC is actually a good thing, it means Capcom will get more money. Also Spencer is so good, the game should have 30 Spencers" I'm not being a troll (well a reverse troll... a shill if you will), I'm just having a disagreement?

Yeah but if you buy the game and season pass separately it still comes out to $90 is what I was getting at.

Ah ha! I stand corrected then

Neonep

I hate how UPS transfers packages to USPS. USPS is incompetent as fuck and because of that it's taking an extra day for me to get the game.

Onemic

shill harder

Top Bottom