• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Man the web line is like infinite make your own Arkham grapple lines 😂

n8h89Iw.jpg

If you know your Arkham you will absolutely destroy sections 😂

MRz8rSc.jpg

Draugoth

Gold Member
Naughty Dog:

Be greater... together! Congratulations to @insomniacgames on the launch of Marvel's Spider-Man 2!

Sucker Punch:

Congratulations to our friends at @insomniacgames on the launch of #SpiderMan2PS5 today!

Santa Monica:

Congratulations to the amazing team at @Insomniacgames for the launch of #SpiderMan2PS5! Artwork by SMS Assoc. Art Director Dela Longfish (@dlongfish)!

Guerrila:

Congratulations to our friends at @insomniacgames on the launch of Marvel's Spider-Man 2! What a triumph! We can't wait to protect New York with Peter and Miles! #SpiderMan2PS5

BluePoint:

Congratulations to our amazing friends at @insomniacgames on the launch of Marvel's Spider-Man 2!#SpiderMan2PS5

Bend Studio:

We’re going to heal the world.A Lizard-size CONGRATS to our friends @insomniacgames on the launch of #SpiderMan2PS5!

FireSprite:

Congratulations to our friends @insomniacgames on the release of Marvel's Spider-Man 2, we can't wait to swing into the action!! #SpiderMan2PS5

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Kotaku spoiling the game before people have it installed.

They love doing that. That’s modern gaming for you. They dump all their stuff on the web at launch, so they can wait it out till the next game comes along. I don’t see the joy in that type of delivery, so it’s another reason why I don’t visit their website.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
They love doing that. That’s modern gaming for you. They dump all their stuff on the web at launch, so they can wait it out till the next game comes along. I don’t see the joy in that type of delivery, so it’s another reason why I don’t visit their website.
I don’t visit their website because they’re naval lint.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
I was just curious how I get the 40 framed option on the ps5 with my oled. I have fidelity checked off, then do I use smoothed or uncapped along with vrr on auto?

saintjules

I was just curious how I get the 40 framed optionq2 0on the ps5 with my oled. I have fidelity checked off, then do I use smoothed or uncapped along with vrr on auto?

What is your OLED? Make sure your OLED has 120hz support.

I'm on the LG C9 and it supports VRR. So 40fps is enabled once you switch to 120 hz. I have the VRR set to smooth and under Fidelity.

I wasn't too crazy about 40fps initially with Ratchet and Clank, but after playing this I'm slowly warming up to the idea of the framerate.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I was only able to get in two hours last night. Today I decided to roam the city for a while before continuing the story. I ambushed a random group of villains as Pete right as Miles showed up. It's cool that they joke in context to the fight. Think about how many hours testers had to spend documenting every possible combination of actions that could be used for combos and matching voice commentary, then passed to devs to script and work with animators to make it all come together. It seems like a small feat because of how seamlessly it works, but I bet it was a ton of work under the hood.

I am pretty sure Miles also yelled "Dang Pete!", or some similar exclamation, as I hurled the final villain off the thirty story building to their doom.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
What is your OLED? Make sure your OLED has 120hz support.

I'm on the LG C9 and it supports VRR. So 40fps is enabled once you switch to 120 hz. I have the VRR set to smooth and under Fidelity.

I wasn't too crazy about 40fps initially with Ratchet and Clank, but after playing this I'm slowly warming up to the idea of the framerate.
Its the C1

Man the web line is like infinite make your own Arkham grapple lines 😂

n8h89Iw.jpg

If you know your Arkham you will absolutely destroy sections 😂
Probably my favorite feature of the game, honestly. It's so cool being able to make your own takedown perches. Just wish they were a little less restrictive.

That said, the guards in this game are next-level oblivous compared to Arkham guards. Just look up and see the literal spiderweb, dummies. The oblivousness of Arkham guards was a little more believable in that regard, since perches were usually gargoyles and such...

RPS37

Played for about an hour or so.
Do you have to play for a while to get the deluxe/pre order bonuses?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Game is finally starting to click for me. That mission with miles on the ship was fucking sick

I’ve always loved the simplicity of the combat in this franchise. Simple but effective and fun

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Wish my portal was here I'd be playing right now. No I gotta sit here and do nothing until the wife and kid don't need me. They are cleaning a 100 gallon fish tank and I'm the muscle.

Anyway Insomniac is the kings of PS right now, just look at their output vs the others. Not making it a competition but damn they are on it.

I'm still in thr first few hours trying to learn all the button combos so I dont just mash everything during a fight.

This is a beautiful game

ReBurn

Gold Member
Played for about an hour or so.
Do you have to play for a while to get the deluxe/pre order bonuses?
I started with 5 skill points, which I presume are the 2 for the digital deluxe edition and 3 for the preorder bonus, so I think it's just there. I couldn't change suits until after a few missions in.

Enable the 120hz output, Fidelity and VRR. Should work at that point. There isn't an indicator unfortunately to tell you you're in 40 from what I saw.

Sadly, there's no indicator showing when the '40' is active. The only clue that it's working is when the gameplay is smooth. Otherwise, the framerate in fidelity mode is terribly low for me.

Visually, the game can switch between stunning and unattractive. It's not just limited to certain characters like MJ; it varies. However, it's still an upgrade, though the inconsistency throughout is odd.

Story-wise, it feels predictable and somewhat monotonous. I really wished Eddie Brock played his classic role in this game. Many story elements mirror the first game, and seeing the same characters already feels repetitive.

Given that Spider-Man has the best set of rogues next to Batman, they seem underrepresented, here.

But on the bright side, the gameplay is exceptional.

Finished the opening mission and WOW, what a way to kick things off! You'd have to be a cynical cunt to play through this and not be smiling ear-to-ear at the beautifully executed spectacle, perfect from top to bottom. And boy does it feel *great*, Insomniac delivering with the DualSense haptics, every swing, punch, crash, hit, movement coming through the controller in both powerful and subtle ways, I'm impressed!

Playing in performance mode (naturally) and it looks gorgeous in motion, characters in cutscenes are less jaw-dropping but they get the job done. Combat already feels leagues ahead of the previous two games and that's saying a lot, the animations are glorious! This is going to be one hell of a ride 🕸️

RPS37

I started with 5 skill points, which I presume are the 2 for the digital deluxe edition and 3 for the preorder bonus, so I think it's just there. I couldn't change suits until after a few missions in.
Okay, thanks. I guess I did notice I had some extra skill points from jump.

sigmaZ

Gold Member
Sadly, there's no indicator showing when the '40' is active. The only clue that it's working is when the gameplay is smooth. Otherwise, the framerate in fidelity mode is terribly low for me.

Visually, the game can switch between stunning and unattractive. It's not just limited to certain characters like MJ; it varies. However, it's still an upgrade, though the inconsistency throughout is odd.

Story-wise, it feels predictable and somewhat monotonous. I really wished Eddie Brock played his classic role in this game. Many story elements mirror the first game, and seeing the same characters already feels repetitive.

Given that Spider-Man has the best set of rogues next to Batman, they seem underrepresented, here.

But on the bright side, the gameplay is exceptional.
Yeah. I've been playing BG3 the last few months and even off and on now and the character models are way better. Spiderman 2 despite the nice fidelity feels awkward with how the skin looks and the lighting. It feels a bit off somehow.

iorek21

Really enjoying it so far, looks really next gen.

My only gripe as of now are the stealth sequences, they are kind of dumb and too easy, I’m actually surprised that Insomniac didn’t really improve it. Maybe it gets better latter but still very basic and very inferior to Arkham.

RickSanchez

Visuals really look great. I just got to the set piece where Kraven's team first appears in the river. What a great sequence in terms of both looks and combat. And in terms of story with Miles having to battle his inner thoughts and almost causing casualties. [leaving out any spoilery details]

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like the side stuff in this than the original. All the upstream parts are fun to use. I am using the Scarlet III suit. I hope they included some classic costumes that the original had. The Shadow suits are cool, but all you can see is a solid colored cape from the back. The back of the suit matters because that’s all you’re looking at when you’re swinging around.

Power Pro

Hey, sorry if this has been asked a million times already, but am i missing much if i didn't finish spider-man miles morales before playing spider-man 2?

BadBurger

The Spider-Bot stuff, early on, is way better than before.

The rat made me jump in the rescue mission :messenger_tongue:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
the traversal in this game.
is fucking nuts. Wow.

The web swinging, the Super jump, the sling-shot jumping thing. The fucking sick ass loop swinging .. The speed of everything is just wow. awesome. Incredible traversal in this game. It’s clear thats where they spent most of their time.

Best use of the SSD this gen .. so far

BadBurger

With just a few skill unlocks early on Miles completely beats ass. Just whole fist inserted into anus, fights over in seconds, ass beatings being dealt out.

Top Bottom