• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2011 {2011.12.26 - 2012.01.01}

magash

I'll be eating a lot of crow if the rumour isn't true ;D

What numbers could a direct sequel of a mainline Pokemon make on a dead HW (DS)? More than D&P? Less than B&W? More than 5 million? Less than 4 million?

And a little offtopic, let's throw more fuel (speculation) to the fire!

What if Nintendo doesn't decide the platform of the mainline Pokemon games and only say "release it on a Nintendo console/handheld"?

What if The Pokemon Company/Game Freak are more comfortable releasing Pokemon games with their actual engine and don't want to invest updating it? (or making a full fledged 3D RPG)

What if there's more Pokemon games for iOS?

And the most utopian question of all... could we see a Pokemon title for the PSVita? or it's impossible? (does Nintendo own the Pokemon franchise?)

Ahí lo dejo.

P.S: It's just speculation because I'm bored and you love speculating. This is not BurntPork's alt account :p

Calm down Nintendo decides the platform the pokemon games go to

I'll be eating a lot of crow if the rumour isn't true ;D

What numbers could a direct sequel of a mainline Pokemon make on a dead HW (DS)? More than D&P? Less than B&W? More than 5 million? Less than 4 million?

And a little offtopic, let's throw more fuel (speculation) to the fire!

What if Nintendo doesn't decide the platform of the mainline Pokemon games and only say "release it on a Nintendo console/handheld"?

What if The Pokemon Company/Game Freak are more comfortable releasing Pokemon games with their actual engine and don't want to invest updating it? (or making a full fledged 3D RPG)

What if there's more Pokemon games for iOS?

And the most utopian question of all... could we see a Pokemon title for the PSVita? or it's impossible? (does Nintendo own the Pokemon franchise?)

Ahí lo dejo.

P.S: It's just speculation because I'm bored and you love speculating. This is not BurntPork's alt account :p
Seeing as its already been established that nintendo two thirds own the pokeMon company its a pretty safe bet they call the shots

And the most utopian question of all... could we see a Pokemon title for the PSVita?

I just don't think so.

or it's impossible?

Nothing in life is impossible neither fully predictable really, but...

(does Nintendo own the Pokemon franchise?)

...this is essentially the main reason that makes it quite unlikely, unless Sony should take over Nintendo or Iwata had to go nuts out of the blue.

Orgen

Calm down Nintendo decides the platform the pokemon games go to

I'm calmed but thanks ;D If Nintendo decides the platform then they decided the iOS platform too for the Pokemon iOS game?

Seeing as its already been established that nintendo two thirds own the pokeMon company its a pretty safe bet they call the shots

You've seen the last posts. The most logical step for the next Pokemon would be the 3DS, right? If the next mainline title is for the DS would you still think that Nintendo call the shots?

I just don't think so.

Nothing in life is impossible neither predictable really, but...

...this is the main reason that makes it quite unlikely, unless Sony should take over Nintendo or Iwata had to go nuts out of the blue.

I don't think we'll see a Pokemon Vita game too, it was just for fun. But another Pokemon iOS game?...

I don't think we'll see a Pokemon Vita game too, it was just for fun. But another Pokemon iOS game?...

I was joking too obviously, but I was serious on one thing, that something unpredictable could always happen so never say never to nothing, even to the craziest scenarios....

Truth101

Banned
I'm calmed but thanks ;D If Nintendo decides the platform then they decided the iOS platform too for the Pokemon iOS game?

You've seen the last posts. The most logical step for the next Pokemon would be the 3DS, right? If the next mainline title is for the DS would you still think that Nintendo call the shots?

There will never be an actual pokemon game on anything but Nintendo hardware.

I won't say it can't happen but i think a B&W2 released on DS would be a pretty silly move from nintendo and i'm not sure what reason they would have for doing it.

I'm amazed that Family Fishing is holding up as well as it has, Naka must be really happy, no doubt his highest performing game so far, Ivy and Let's Tap flat out bombed.

Really curious about its current total.

Now where's my Rodea Naka? :( If you own it and not Kadokawa, just get Bandai to publish it, but they're waiting for Kadokawa so the opposite must be true (Kadokawa owning the IP)...

Alrus

Have you seen that iOS pokemon "game"? It probably cost 10 bucks to make and it's pretty obvious it's just an advertising app for the card game. There will never be a full fledged Pokemon game on a non-nintendo platform as long as they make hardware.

What you might see is relatively shitty apps that serve as cheap advertising. I would have said they'd make a pokedex app but I think that will stay exclusive to the 3DS.

Edit: Just noticed that Go Vacation is nearly at 200k, that's great! I thought it would stop closer to 100k back when it came out.

I won't say it can't happen but i think a B&W2 released on DS would be a pretty silly move from nintendo and i'm not sure what reason they would have for doing it.

Only posssible answers that come to mind:

1) banking on DS' userbase
2) they already have the new game ready for DS and they don't feel like porting it on 3DS

It still makes little sense to me.

AniHawk

people kept saying black and white 2 and i was thinking it was possible because microsoft doesn't have its own handheld and they've been making games for the nintendo handhelds for the last decade or so, but then i saw it meant pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2 and that's even dumber.

people kept saying black and white 2 and i was thinking it was possible because microsoft doesn't have its own handheld and they've been making games for the nintendo handhelds for the last decade or so, but then i saw it meant pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2 and that's even dumber.

Wasn't there a MS B&W planned for DS or GBA at one point?

wrowa

There is no Pokémon iOS game. What you refer to is simply a promotional piece of software for the Trading Card Game that can hardly even be considered a "game". (Well, technically it's a game, but it's even more barebone and simple than the simplest iOS games...). There is also even a full-fledged browser-based version of the TCG (with an online mode even). As long as it's just promotional stuff Nintendo has no problems with such things.

Only posssible answers that come to mind:

1) banking on DS' userbase
2) they already have the new game ready for DS and they don't feel like porting it on 3DS

It still makes little sense to me.

Well banking on the DS userbase would be dumb for 2 reasons. One is that software sales for the DS are already plummeting. The second is because by the next holiday season the 3DS will already have like a 7-8 million install base already. The 3DS install base will easily be big enough to support a new pokemon game (and will likely increase very quickly following the release of a pokemon game).

Point 2 would still imply that they thought it was a good idea to make a B&W2 for the DS in the first place. I thought game freak were supposed to be one of the first people with a 3DS devkit? I'm expecting a game from them on the 3DS within the next year (even if it's just grey). I doubt we will be seeing another mainline game on the DS.

There is no Pokémon iOS game. What you refer to is simply a promotional piece of software for the Trading Card Game that can hardly even be considered a "game". (Well, technically it's a game, but it's even more barebone and simple than the simplest iOS games...). There is also even a full-fledged browser-based version of the TCG (with an online mode even). As long as it's just promotional stuff Nintendo has no problems with such things.

Is the online version any good? I love the games and that sounds like it could be pretty awesome.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
To talk about something else.

Level 5 games in 2011.

[3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles (Level 5) - 117.589 / 345.511 / 34,03% 26/02/11
[PSP] Little Battler Xperience (Level 5) - 163.834 / 319.936 / 51,21% 16/06/11
[WII] Inazuma Eleven Strikers (Level 5) - 73.323 / 207.807 / 35,28% 14/07/11
[PS3] Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Level 5) - 68.521 / 98.773 / 69,37% 17/11/11
[PSP] Little Battler Xperience: Boost (Level 5) - 59.448 / 130.198 / 45,66% 23/11/11
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go (Level 5) - 141.458 / 232.052 / 60,96% 29/08/02
[WII] Inazuma Eleven Strikers 2012 Extreme (Level 5) - 74.499 / 74.499 / 100,00% 22/12/11

Famitsu datas.

I think no one would have ever imagined to see Ninokuni PS3 debuting even lower than the expansion of IES, released just 5 months after the original.

Orgen

Really guys? You're buying this Black and White 2 stuff from a guy speculating on Vita and iOS mainstream Pokemon?

Come on.

It was just speculation, don't be so serious! And I haven't said anything about a "mainstream" Pokemon on Vita or iOS, just a Pokemon game.

I wanted 2 things: Talk about the sales of a "possible" Pokemon B&W 2 on DS (not the Vita thing really, but it shows what Media Create threads are now) and if someone could show me how is the relationship between TPC and Nintendo (ownership, who calls the shots...)

But Pokemon Vita sells more (no pun intended).

it will be grey

it will be on the 3ds

and we will be finding out about it in the next week or so

That's what's going to happen and I'll be remembered as the "Black & White 2 lol DS lol" guy forever :(

Last Saturday night that I don't go out... I'm bored to death.

wrowa

Is the online version any good? I love the games and that sounds like it could be pretty awesome.
I've only played the beta, but it was very fun. I think you can only get new cards by buying actual booster packs of the TCG, though.

It's hardly world's first if it's been splashed all over Jump Festa already.
Coro Coro is a magazined targeted at kids afaik, so the usual reader has probably no idea what was shown at Jump Festa.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
EDIT: What a double! Simply, posting from iPhone, in certain conditions, can do these wonders XD

Takao

Banned
Coro Coro is revealing a "world's first shocking game announcement" next week.

Doesn't necessarily means it's Pokemon either. Could be another Inazuma Eleven or LBX game for all we know, haha.

Coro Coro is a magazined targeted at kids afaik, so the usual reader has probably no idea what was shown at Jump Festa.

JUMP targets kids as well, in fact Shueshia launched Saikyo JUMP in 2010 with the aim of targeting kids directly. That's where Square Enix is launching their cross-media Gyrozetter brand.

Orgen

Coro Coro is revealing a "world's first shocking game announcement" next week.

Ohhhh, so next week we could know if I'm right or I've been fooled? :D

I don't post too much Exterminieren but I hear a lot of things about the industry and I keep the "reveals" in a low profile mode just like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22281225&postcount=314 (Look the date)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33490383&postcount=9 (I don't know if it's been confirmed but I can confirm it to you).

And other stuff like EAD not developing OoT3D. I don't make new threads so my info is almost unnoticeable but when I heard about this Pokemon B&W 2 (damn Anihawk, now I always have to type Pokemon) on DS it was too good to no say anything so I bumped a thread about Pokemon Grey and wrote what I heard.

Maybe my source was joking and I was fooled but it's an interesting rumour, don't you think? So what I wanted to say to you is...

neogaf.jpg

wrowa

JUMP targets kids as well, in fact Shueshia launched Saikyo JUMP in 2010 with the aim of targeting kids directly. That's where Square Enix is launching their cross-media Gyrozetter brand.
So? As long as Jump didn't report about the game in their magazine (what's the proper name for these manga collections anyway?), most of their readers won't have a clue about the new game either. Only a minority of their readers is actually visiting Jump Festa ;p

Doesn't necessarily means it's Pokemon either. Could be another Inazuma Eleven or LBX game for all we know, haha.

Was specifically referring to Pokemon, IIRC.

Ohhhh, so next week we could know if I'm right or I've been fooled? :D

I don't post too much Exterminieren but I hear a lot of things about the industry and I keep the "reveals" in a low profile mode just like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22281225&postcount=314 (Look the date)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33490383&postcount=9 (I don't know if it's been confirmed but I can confirm it to you).

And other stuff like EAD not developing OoT3D. I don't make new threads so my info is almost unnoticeable but when I heard about this Pokemon B&W 2 (damn Anihawk, now I always have to type Pokemon) on DS it was too good to no say anything so I bumped a thread about Pokemon Grey and wrote what I heard.

Fair enough, I suppose. Doesn't even remotely ring true for me I'm afraid, but only time will tell, I suppose. You have my full apologies should you be vindicated.

Maybe my source was joking and I was fooled but it's an interesting rumour, don't you think? So what I wanted to say to you is...

neogaf.jpg

I don't want to believe. ;_;

I've only played the beta, but it was very fun. I think you can only get new cards by buying actual booster packs of the TCG, though.

That would suck if true. The great part about the gameboy trading card game was that it was actually affordable. Buying booster packs is a ripoff to me so it looks like i will just settle for what i have.

I hope you get banned if this is bullshit.

Really?

watershed

Banned
So... we're expecting some kind of game announcement next week?

Was there any reveal date tied to that Vita Monster Hunter rumor? I'm still hoping for a sudden influx of vita game announcements to bolster its future line up.

Top Bottom