• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

TheBoss1

original.jpg

Btw, why is Portable Ops and Rising in the OP? They're both non-cannon (not made by Kojima) so essentially are useless to newcomers trying to get into MGSV. Better off making a spin-off thread for spin off games.

You can hate me now

Palpable

Tora, don't be snitching on me for getting it early plox. I'm paying over $360 to Konami for this fucking game (JP Premium package, NA CE package, regular game copy).

Shy

6 DAYS GOES A LOT SHORTER IN A COMA. /insanityddog
Tora, If you don't mind me asking and i don't if you can answer this but. Do you know when we'll be able to put in the GZ code into the PSN, cause i tried about 30 mins ago, and still no joy.

Righteous, Tora is in the house :D

I was hoping the Blops3 beta on Xbox would sate my hunger for MGSV, but the damn thing won't accept my code...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, why is Portable Ops and Rising in the OP? They're both non-cannon (not made by Kojima) so essentially are useless to newcomers trying to get into MGSV. Better off making a spin-off thread for spin off games.

You can hate me now

Yes, we should move them to a non-canon section.
And finally give the ACID games and Ghost Babel the respect they deserve.

RetroMG

I was driving home from the store with my nephew today, and we both launched into singing "Nuclear" at the top of our lungs.

The hype is very real.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm having a giveaway of my copy of GZ on reddit and with 5 simple questions, nobody has given me the right answers so far... Disappointing...

Kindekuma

Banned
What are the questions?

Someone finally won, but the questions were

1. In Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, what does Naked Snake initially try to use to sabotage/destroy the Shagohod?

2. In Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, what is the song Peace Walker sings while drowning itself in the lake?

3. In Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, where does Fatman hold the last and largest bomb?

4.Entering the Konami code will show an enemy location, what game is this featured in?

V. In Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, what is the location of the hospital that Snake awakens in from his 9 year coma?

Alienous

Someone in the Review Thread is hinting at the story whilst being as vague as a car crash.

It's "I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens" tiers of shut the fuck up. Infuriating.

Man, Hard is definitely... hard in GZ. No more simply running around and out of sight of enemies. They spot you like everyone's got Binoculars. I love how tense it gets.

I was driving home from the store with my nephew today, and we both launched into singing "Nuclear" at the top of our lungs.

The hype is very real.

It is indeed. Is your nephew into MGS too?

Tora, If you don't mind me asking and i don't if you can answer this but. Do you know when we'll be able to put in the GZ code into the PSN, cause i tried about 30 mins ago, and still no joy.

Are we supposed to get a code from the Konami site? Mine still says:
"Come back to CORE.KONAMI.COM at the launch of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN to retrieve your voucher code for this exclusive content."

Shy

Are we supposed to get a code from the Konami site? Mine still says:
"Come back to CORE.KONAMI.COM at the launch of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN to retrieve your voucher code for this exclusive content."
I don't know how it is for the U.S. but for the U.K. you put it into the PSN.

Xyber

So 5 days ago I had 4 hours in GZ, had just gone through the main mission on normal and hard and tried the other 3 (didn't get all patches for the last ones).

Now I finally finished it up, 100% and all achievements with ~18 hours of playtime.

Bring on TPP!

Kindekuma

Banned
Going to replay GZ again this weekend as final preparation for TPP.

Same here! I picked it up again after a while and started getting used to tagging, using the map, and bullet drop. Even though I played GZ to death, felt the need to get back in tune with mechanics I'll be using far more often in TPP.

Someone spoiled the big twist in the spoiler thread and I missed it by a few minutes, thankfully I remain unspoiled.

I can't wait to see what crazytown crazy this game throws at me in SIX MOTHERFUCKING DAYS.

Gaz_RB

Someone in the Review Thread is hinting at the story whilst being as vague as a car crash.

It's "I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens" tiers of shut the fuck up. Infuriating.

I was lucky and came into the thread after the fact. Hope you didn't get spoiled too bad. These next few days are going to be hard as hell.

Top Bottom