• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Kindekuma

Banned
V has come to Peru. Shit's crazy lol, lots of people will be playing TPP tonight.
36eo73R.jpg

We're fucked.

It was the review thread and it wasn't actually a spoiler to be honest however, it is subjective to people in what they view as spoilers or not.

Ah, I misread it as the Spoiler thread. We've been getting so many regretful posts about spoiler threads that I guess I'm reading every thread as spoiler thread lol. Sorry about that.

Still,

STOP GOING TO THE SPOILER THREAD EVERYONE.

:p

Just to suffer....

:'(

pahamrick

Okay Tora, it's time to infiltrate and flip the switch for Steam. Don't worry, we won't snitch.

Argh, these last 6 days will be killer.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
yo id definitely go and check if the game has broken street date here but...no ps3/360/x1/ps4. shit sucks

Maybe no one is worried about any penalties because it's not like Konami is going to make video games anymore, and game stores don't sell Pachinko machines.

That is true. Though Konami did do a lot to prevent spoilers from getting out. Neutering builds review builds, not sending review copies to community folks. And now they're completely cool with the street dates breaking. I guess it's just Konami Konami-ing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

..........I am in posession of TPP.

Congratulations! Hope your copy burns to ashes out of the blue.

Just kidding, enjoy TPP. :D

pahamrick

That is true. Though Konami did do a lot to prevent spoilers from getting out. Neutering builds review builds, not sending review copies to community folks. And now they're completely cool with the street dates breaking. I guess it's just Konami Konami-ing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I doubt they're cool with the street dates breaking, but there's not much that can be done besides fining the stores that do it if they can confirm the locations. They won't suddenly decide to break street date world wide and just flip the switch.

As much as I'd like them to. So its time to buckle down and avoid everywhere. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if random people popped in here and posted spoilers just to be funny.

A-V-B

I doubt they're cool with the street dates breaking, but there's not much that can be done besides fining the stores that do it if they can confirm the locations. They won't suddenly decide to break street date world wide and just flip the switch.

As much as I'd like them to. So its time to buckle down and avoid everywhere. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if random people popped in here and posted spoilers just to be funny.

What's Konami gonna do, put them on a black list for PES until the end of time? Oh, no.

pahamrick

What's Konami gonna do, put them on a black list for PES until the end of time? Oh, no.

Pretty much. Someone somewhere will stomp their feet and get all pissed that stores the world over are breaking street date, but this happens with every major anticipated release anyway.

I've got a 2 1/2 hour drive home before I can play it. I'll let you know.

Cool, I appreciate that.

Wouldn't that be account suicide though?

You're right. I guess I was waiting for some kind of reaction from them. Just one place breaking the date seems understandable but others too, someone will definitely be throwing multiple fits.

Aw man that better not happen, not with only six days left. :/ Anyone who wants to be funny can be so in the spoiler thread.

Nah, i got 4 from a uk seller on ebay about 10 days before release. If i remember rightly.

Oh I meant as in street dates breaking at different places together. Still 10 days ago? The seller must've been an MGS fan as well I bet to break the date so early to let others play.
Edit: Ah you said UK. Still pretty crazy how early that was.

Echoing this because I would really like to know if the game has an intro a la MGS2 and 3.

I just asked another GAFfer who has the game and he said there isn't, he's playing through the intro right now.

I forget his GAF name but we are apart of the same Outer GAF facebook group.

Shy

Oh I meant as in street dates breaking at different places together. Still 10 days ago? The seller must've been an MGS fan as well I bet to break the date so early to let others play.
Edit: Ah you said UK. Still pretty crazy how early that was.
Ahh. ok. My mistake.
I just asked another GAFfer who has the game and he said there isn't, he's playing through the intro right now.

I forget his GAF name but we are apart of the same Outer GAF facebook group.
That's a shame.
If you don't mind me asking, which facebook group is this. ?

Spaghetti

did we ever have any confirmation we'd have a kyle cooper title sequence? remember: kojima's twitter is subject to some mistaken context because of the language barrier. talks of 'title design' could refer quite literally to the title logo

Sigfodr

I wasn't planning on it, but it looks like I've ended up playing all the Metal Gear games I've failed to finish (except Ghost Babel). Started Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake a bit ago, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to wrap it up.

raven777

I will be playing 3 different versions of this game lol. I played 2 different versions for MGS4 but now it's 3 and the game is much longer too.

Top Bottom