• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 was most not "Switch 2" hardware

th4tguy

We will get this at 4k upscaled, 60 fps, with some extra graphical flair on switch 2. No doubt

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
c1fa7818-2446-4e1f-ae53-b90bf891f3a4_text.gif
what was wrong with my english pal??

pppssst i have a secret

MZbU.gif

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
A lot of people are saying it looks bad, a lot of people are saying it looks great.

It looks fantastic to me. But then, I chose not to buy a next gen system yet. I'm very happy with my PS4 and Switch, and a little bit of PC.

I will enjoy Metroid Prime 4 thoroughly. It looks awesome. I think it's one of, if not the best looking Switch game that I've seen..

I was more referring to the other user, Vaibhavpisal. The final area can be “annoying”, but it isn’t unfair. It just requires you to use the tools you were given. No different than any other Metroid game.
Did you play it on Wii?

Where you have to waggle to change your ammo type.

Dunno how it plays on normal pads but was annoying as hell. I don’t leave games midway especially the ones i like. But here it was just BS and had to drop it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Did you play it on Wii?

Where you have to waggle to change your ammo type.

Dunno how it plays on normal pads but was annoying as hell. I don’t leave games midway especially the ones i like. But here it was just BS and had to drop it.
Yep, played it on Wii and Gamecube and didn’t have an issue. I did play with the Wii Motion Plus though so maybe that changed how accurate the ammo type switching was?

Yep, played it on Wii and Gamecube and didn’t have an issue. I did play with the Wii Motion Plus though so maybe that changed how accurate the ammo type switching was?
You probably have a lot more tolerances for BS.

It was like, I changed ammo type, enemies float slightly and now I can no longer see the one I have the ammo for.

Now I changed to another type… didn’t work in first attempt. Quick, you are surrounded.

Tried again, they float again slightly and I again have wrong one selected.

This goes on for 1/2 hr. Then, no way to save before boss. Its easy-ish fight but extremely long. Way too long. You slip once and you are sent back to do it all over again.

No idea how this was acceptable??

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

It was like, I changed ammo type, enemies float slightly and now I can no longer see the one I have the ammo for.

Now I changed to another type… didn’t work in first attempt. Quick, you are surrounded.

This goes on for 1/2 hr. Then, no way to save before boss. Its easy-ish fight but extremely long. Way too long. You slip once and you are sent back to do it all over again.

Again, I never had an issue. I could switch between ammo types with ease. If anything, I felt the Wii Version was the best version of the game. Aiming felt so intuitive, as did the controls.

Zannegan

Gold Member

Did you really have to waggle to change ammo types? I swear I remember pressing a button to bring up a wheel (like a weapon wheel in classic shooters and ARPGs) and then just pointing to select the ammo.

I didn't like the motion for motion's sake stuff on Wii, but good uses of the IR pointer were sublime. Red Steel 2 was also a fantastic cobtrils showcase that came too little, too late. Ubisoft should revive it for VR headsets.

It never was acceptable, just like most tacked-on motion controls for the Wii. Almost every game would have been better without it.

Did you really have to waggle to change ammo types? I swear I remember pressing a button to bring up a wheel (like a weapon wheel in classic shooters and ARPGs) and then just pointing to select the ammo.

I didn't like the motion for motion's sake stuff on Wii, but good uses of the IR pointer were sublime. Red Steel 2 was also a fantastic cobtrils showcase that came too little, too late. Ubisoft should revive it for VR headsets.
It was how you are describing it. But way more effort than pointing a joystick. And much less precise.

That's what is always fascinating about consoles. Devs learn the ins and outs of the HW, and by the mid to late gen, they're putting out some really impressive looking games, especially when compared to games that came out the first year or two. Granted I think most devs/pubs up the AA for their trailers, but other than that, that's what'll look like.

Top Bottom