• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered |OT| Once More Through Tallon IV

darthkarki

Gold Member
Yeah, I keep hearing and reading this and I think it's high time I found out.

Ultimately if it seems interesting to you, you're only going to know if you'll like it if you try it yourself. I heard all the same things, the constant praise, and was glad the remaster came out so I could finally try it. I didn't like it at all. I think there are some real fundamental problems with a lot of the design. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Dread is fantastic though.

It does sound like something that would get annoying yeah. But still, there's only one way to find out. It's probably best if I buy a hard copy, not digitally.

Yeah, I keep hearing and reading this and I think it's high time I found out.

That doesn't sound like much of a big deal no, can live with that. As you say any fan of Metroid-style games should play it, then play it I shall.

It does seem to be a minority as well, mostly I see praise.

True that!

That sounds great to me. I love scanning stuff in games to find out more about the lore or what have you, puzzling solving as well. It's not a straight up shooter at all, and I like that. Not that there's anything wrong with a shooter, I love those too. But I love exploring in games, finding stuff etc.

Aight. It's settled then. This week I'm getting it.

I just need to decide for myself if I should go with easy or just normal difficulty. I always go with normal.

Go normal, and enjoy the ride. The game released in 2002 and it feels like it's barely aged a day. It was one of the best looking games on GCN and gameplay is timeless, but that control update for dual analog basically immortalized it. There is one section in the game halfway through that involves a lot of backtracking, and one part near the end. Aside from a couple rooms that lock you inside until you kill all the enemies and ONE specific segment that is a long trek, you can very quickly and easily traverse Tallon IV.

I have a hard time choosing between Metroid Prime and Hollow Knight for best metroidvania of all time, they each have a different take on it and being 2D vs 3D it really changes the game. Wish there were more 3D metroidvanias, they are in short supply.

Top Bottom