• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft created a problem by saying Xbox One delays due to localization issues

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Not sure Microsoft meant localization issues solely as in Kinect doesn't work, but more as in localization issues with media delivery and licensing of content/TV etc. from the various networks. Which I can understand being a proverbial nightmare and reason to delay the console.

boyshine

The problem MS is facing in Norway (and probably the other "tier 2" countries as well) is a general opinion of "why even launch at all now". No release date, perceived lower performance and higher price vs PS4. The mindshare for PS4 probably was around 70/30 before the delay, it's closer to 95/5 now. Its only hope is that the horrible availability of PS4s will continue, so that whenever XBO is finally released, they can flood the stores and win marketshare by simply having available product. But rumor has it that PS4 availability will improve drastically during february. And if XBO won't release until late Q2 or Q3.. yeah, why even bother.

Doffen

Fun fact: if you order from microsoftstore.de to Norway, the console is shipped from a storage in Norway with Norwegian warranty and material.

A friend ordered from that store and his was sent from Germany, and I've ordered before from Microsoftstore.no and that product was also sent from Germany.

boyshine

Fun fact: if you order from microsoftstore.de to Norway, the console is shipped from a storage in Norway with Norwegian warranty and material.

This is not true. I've been explicitly told by Microsoft Norway that they do not provide warranty for Xbox One.

mitchman

Gold Member
Well, my co-worker here got one as a xmas present and it was shipped from Norway. If you do, you have to provide Norwegian warranty too, afaik. EU warranty should be fine anyway, but it was interesting that it got shipped from a Norwegian store house.

MadLukas

Banned
You are the king if hyperbole.

Party system needs work, that's for sure. But they did it in order to resolve any NAT or endpoint related issues that arise from parties in the system that the 360 has. I have a couple friends who cannot join each others started parties for whatever reason. Both have NAT open. Hell sometimes if they join my party, everyone in the party drops except me and that person. Defaulting to no chat is pretty stupid.

Not knowing how to do something != the thing is shit. Its like getting made at a game for not knowing you meant to hit B but you really hit A. Either that or you don't so much as speak your language so much as chew it up and spit it out. And the issues with using the UI with a controller are incredibly exaggerated. You used it for how long, once for a couple hours? Give me some concrete examples of controller issues you have and then we can talk. Or link me to that ign page that goes about as non in depth as is possible.

So yeah, nothing even remotely shit storm worthy.

I agree, if we start stuff like this we can include secret sauce ps4, blue light, actual lights deflecting, fewer games on ps4.

These lists never win any arguments, nobody changes his opinion because of a list war.

And i really love the UI on the Xbox One, all those mentioned things are a non-issue to me.

Prine

Banned
You are the king if hyperbole.

Party system needs work, that's for sure. But they did it in order to resolve any NAT or endpoint related issues that arise from parties in the system that the 360 has. I have a couple friends who cannot join each others started parties for whatever reason. Both have NAT open. Hell sometimes if they join my party, everyone in the party drops except me and that person. Defaulting to no chat is pretty stupid.

Not knowing how to do something != the thing is shit. Its like getting made at a game for not knowing you meant to hit B but you really hit A. Either that or you don't so much as speak your language so much as chew it up and spit it out. And the issues with using the UI with a controller are incredibly exaggerated. You used it for how long, once for a couple hours? Give me some concrete examples of controller issues you have and then we can talk. Or link me to that ign page that goes about as non in depth as is possible.

So yeah, nothing even remotely shit storm worthy.

I agree, if we start stuff like this we can include secret sauce ps4, blue light, actual lights deflecting, fewer games on ps4.

These lists never win any arguments, nobody changes his opinion because of a list war.

And i really love the UI on the Xbox One, all those mentioned things are a non-issue to me.

And DS4 pads falling apart! ;)

obauma

Neo Member
Maybe they're actually trying to make it understand "Schwizerdütsch" ? lol

Haha! I'd like to see that ^^

"XBOX abställe! usschalte! ufhöre! fertig ez!"

Will never happen though. Would be equivalent of having a kinect version for every german/english etc. dialect.

? Think you got your consoles mixed up.

Top Bottom