• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft gathering community opinions on porting Killer Instinct to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Yeah.

Nothing else im interested in, although im not totally against buying horizon and SO when they are cheaper.

Honestly, I only bought a X1 because I got a real good trade in deal on my 360.

But honestly

Ninja Gaiden 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every X1 exclusive present and upcoming. Really miss that game. Im really tempted to rebuy a 360 and call it a day.

Fair enough. I will be picking up SO at some point but MS have a few games in the works I am waiting for.

Agreed on the NG2 front. Damn I wish Xbox One played 360 titles.

FloatOn

I don't know your post history, but do you go into every thread like this?

(insert huge list of Indie games/SOE games) coming to PC

(insert Vita game) coming to 3DS

Cut the Rope coming to Android

Unless every person here and elsewhere plans on building a gaming PC that costs more than an X1, it's irrelevant to a lot of people.

I made those quotes, to demonstrate it being unnecessary.

this is a bit excessive.

I'm just feeling extra saucy today guys.

Nope I am just pointing out facts of why the PS4 is still a viable option for a console gamer or multiplatform gamer, because it keeps its exclusives well and even gets games from other platforms bringing diversity

Obviously if you are strictly a PC gamer, then you wont want a console and as yes PS4 taking games off PC is an advantage cause as I said it brings diversity to the platform and if I dont want to take time spending so much on building a gaming PC (which I dont) then the PS4 will likely be another great option for me to get multiplatform,strictly exclusives and PC games
Wait a second, quick question, do you think that KI coming to PC devalues the reason to get a Xbone?

yoplay

It is mind blowing that the elitist don't understand that Sony makes the best games. Nintendo can't be that great because no one is buying Wii Us but we are breaking sales records because people want to play what we make. Real gamers want AAA blockbusters not the 2D pixel junk that is the only thing coming out for PC besides the mouse games like Startcraft Heart of the Void or whatever.

Sarcasm i see. I didn't say PS4 makes the best games, just that they make great exclusives that shouldn't be discredited.

abadguy

Banned
It is mind blowing that the elitist don't understand that Sony makes the best games. Nintendo can't be that great because no one is buying Wii Us but we are breaking sales records because people want to play what we make. Real gamers want AAA blockbusters not the 2D pixel junk that is the only thing coming out for PC besides the mouse games like Startcraft Heart of the Void or whatever.

So.....you being sarcastic or is this a serious post. Sorry it's just that i can't tell anymore on this forum.

Edit: oh i see it was sarcasm. My bad.

I think a PC game makes a lot of sense for a game that is essentially a platform. It's also F2P so it'll appeal to the same people who don't mind payment models like the popular MOBAs today. A PC release would make the most sense to me once Season 3 is complete. By that time we could have about 27 characters or so and they could rotate 3 characters (one from each season while still selling season packs) as free per month/week.

That's actually not a bad idea. Rotating three characters is a bit much though, I could see them limiting it to two should they decide to go that route.

Zubz

Banned
Killer Instinct is literally the only reason I'd want an X-Box One. I'd say it'd be poor business sense, but I have no intention of buying an X-Box One. In my case, they either get a guaranteed $40+, or hold out for a $350 I have no intention of making. So yeah, I'd say they should totally go for it; I'd forever appreciate a PC port! I get the game I want, they get my money, so it's a win-win!

... But this is only in my case. We just need to see if there's more who want KI, have a PC capable of it, but don't want an X-Box One in the foreseeable future. I'm hoping there're a lot of people like that, though!

SerTapTap

If they do, I don't understand their strategy. What next? Sunset Overdrive?

Well:

1) MS owns PC too, they don't necessarily lose if people buy their games on PC instead
2) The game's been Xbox One exclusive for a full year now and is probably well into "long tail" status even with Season 2
3) Some gamers want a simple, make-it-work box, so even if the Xbox One had zero, not one exclusive game, some people would be buying it just for that

That's actually not a bad idea. Rotating three characters is a bit much though, I could see them limiting it to two should they decide to go that route.

I think 1 free character for each season would be awesome. If it got to Season 5 you'd have some awesome options.

The Xbox One is so good it will sell by itself. No need for games.

Well I've seen some posters say MS is practically giving them away! Who needs games when it's free? Christmas is awesome!

all dem particles flying at high res though
i1tsiPxANDaJN.gif

Bgamer90

Banned
If they do, I don't understand their strategy. What next? Sunset Overdrive?

Bad comparison.

Their strategy is to more than likely see if they can increase the userbase of Killer Instinct so that it can become a bigger franchise and compete better with Playstation's Street Fighter deal.

Why would anyone vote no? Wierd poll.

Console war points are really the only reason.

Probably the most ignorant comment posted on GAF.

Nintendo's issues and Sony's success are unrelated to the quality of their games. Many of the top games this year were published by Nintendo where Sony doesn't have nearly the number. Most of the top games this year are either 3rd party or Nintendo published.

From what I've seen, it appear that marketing and an underpowered system are responsible for Nintendo's woes, not the quality of its games.

Jomjom

Banned
Xbox doesn't need to worry because nobody is getting any kind of usable PC for the sub $300 price xboxes are selling for now. People who are on a budget will still get an xbone to play KI and other exclusives.

Probably the most ignorant comment posted on GAF.

Nintendo's issues and Sony's success are unrelated to the quality of their games. Many of the top games this year were published by Nintendo where Sony doesn't have nearly the number. Most of the top games this year are either 3rd party or Nintendo published.

From what I've seen, it appear that marketing and an underpowered system are responsible for Nintendo's woes, not the quality of its games.
That poster is a very heavily involved PC gamer :p

He's messing with you guys.

btags

Microsoft does not release a game on pc when it exists on their console-->Reaction: Microsoft doesn't care about pc anymore.

Microsoft releases pc port of a game on their console-->Reaction: lol M$ has no exclusives, all of their games are on pc.

That said, I hope they do it to expand KIs community because it really i an excellent game. If they do they better have cross platform support.

watership

Why would anyone vote no? Wierd poll.

Platform defence. This is good for fighting gamers on PC, and for the game/franchise itself. However it's bad for Xbox, as it just adds to the "Why should I buy an xbox when everything just comes to PC". It does weaken the platform. If this was a poll for something like Uncharted, there would many "no" votes.

Doukou

It's unlikely that they would put it on PC until a few months after Season 3 ends so around June 2016. Given the nature of the game and the time constraints that the develop has to properly test it and get online play working. Unless they get someone else to port it and handle PC affairs, they seem to work well with Code Mystics.
Also I find this a stretch to get any real info about this. I imagine the main reason for him making that topic was to get PC discussion in one place as he merged a bunch of topics to make it. The poll is interesting though and the fact that it's getting attention outside of the forums is also interesting. But like I said before it may be to help stop PC discussion being everywhere in the streams/forums and Adam may think that the poll would tame people from asking the question in streams and such.

_Ryo_

How is this even a question? Yes, port it to PC. Then port the new rumored Banjo game to PC. In fact, port all games to PC.

Bad comparison.

Their strategy is to more than likely see if they can increase the userbase of Killer Instinct so that it can become a bigger franchise and compete better with Playstation's Street Fighter deal.

I agree. I don't see it as a coincidence that this poll went up right after the SFV deal.

yoplay

So I can turn that on some of the comments on this thread regarding Sony. "Cool gamers (PC) don't want to play cinematic blockbusters with button prompts." It goes both ways. My point is that when I say prominent, I mean year end list games. They r now showing up on consoles. Who is to say that Starcraft won't show up someday. Blizzard already is 2/2 on consoles for there last 2 efforts.

abadguy

Banned
No, they aren't. You're either misinformed or ill-informed.

Weird because in the "has Sony always been this cool about PC game?" thread , you had people bragging how Sony has more games on the PC than MS" and lamenting how "MS treats the PC as a competitor" Now in this thread you have comments like "one more reason not to own an xbox" ( funny as they are just taking a survey and nothing been announced but ok) so is this a positive thing or negative thing?

It's just that you people are so inconsistent that it gets kinda confusing sometimes. Oh and i don't see a problem with KI on the PC. Add crossplay and i welcome PC guys to get their asses kicked by me and my Orchid whenever!

I have no problem with MS bringing the exclusives to Pc.

I only have an X1, and although going off these replies would make you think otherwise, not everyone is interested on PC gaming. I for example prefer controllers, couch over chair, TV over monitor, having defined hardware for the gen and not having to upgrade or build or whatever

Plenty of people only buy consoles.

Why not expand the player base/fan base and let the PC guys have the game too?

Although it should be timed exclusive for x1 to keep the fans and console only crowd happy.

Gamer345

Banned
"taking" is not the right word. PS4 is also getting versions of those select PC indies. They are not converting indie games that would have been on PC into PS4/console exclusive indies. It ain't happening. That is, the PS4 is not causing a subtraction in the number of indies that would have been on PC too.

Also, the volume of PC exclusives far eclipses PS4 exclusives. It's not even a comparison or debate. And free online. And better graphics. And the definitive version of every multiplat. And compatibility with games dating back 30 years. And the freedom to play with whatever controller or input device you want. So yes, the reasons to own consoles not made by Nintendo get lower and lower by the day.

I never said the PS4 is taking games from PC, jeez you clearly see what I meant, I mean it is getting games that are on PC, keeping its own exclusives and also getting multiplats

The rest of what you said is debateable, I really dont care for PC exclusives as I care about franchises and games from Sony WWS and their partners (with my favourite game being the Uncharted franchise followed by TLOU I see no use for PC), I can get all the racing, platforming, JRPG, action I want including many indies

I am happy enough to pay for PS + with free games very month and stop paying when I dont feel like it, and I am not a heavy multiplayer person

The PS4 is producing first party games with great graphics from ISS, Drive club, The Order 1886, Uncharted, TLOU R. Unless you are talking about res and fps, I really satisfied with 1080p 30fps/60fps games on the PS4. really see no need spending extra money to go higher

PC exclusives far eclipse PS4 exclusives obviously because PC is not a fixed platform like the PS4. Think it is something pretty understandable and not worth bringing up to argue for the PC, PC has been there forever, PS4 just came out not long ago.

The only reason I see to own a WII U is legend of Zelda, maybe super mario galaxy (possibly get one after E3 2015), I have a PS4 right now with only exclusives from first party and no multiplats and I am pretty satisfied, so based on your taste there is still as much reason to own a WII U as a PS4 ( I mean the PS4 is outselling the WII U very well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom