• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 delayed to 'Spring 2016'

Do you care about online modes in this game? Did you back this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't understand why people aren't prepared to wait so that the devs can make the game the best it can be? Sure they shouldnt've put the online modes in the first place, but they're in now, it's another feature, it is almost complete and the game will be better for it. 6 months isn't that long to wait, hell i'd wait a year to make sure the game comes out with the best possible iteration. I didn't back the game so I do feel sorry for the backers but unlike many other kickstarter projects this looks like it will be worth the wait and it's seems very close to actually coming out.

Hang in there guys! Waiting is better than being given some broken, undercooked crap.

Hero

I can't understand why people aren't prepared to wait so that the devs can make the game the best it can be? Sure they shouldnt've put the online modes in the first place, but they're in now, it's another feature, it is almost complete and the game will be better for it. 6 months isn't that long to wait, hell i'd wait a year to make sure the game comes out with the best possible iteration. I didn't back the game so I do feel sorry for the backers but unlike many other kickstarter projects this looks like it will be worth the wait and it's seems very close to actually coming out.

Hang in there guys! Waiting is better than being given some broken, undercooked crap.

Because according to the developers themselves the actual game is complete and we'll be spending more than six months on network-related issues for a mode that the overwhelming majority of backers don't give a crap about. Does that help you understand?

Giolon

I don't care about the multiplayer modes. I never asked for them in the first place. I think that the game would be the best it could be by cutting those modes and releasing it now. It seems so simple to me: cut the modes, offer refunds to anyone that wants it BC of the loss of those modes, and release the game that's otherwise done.

Bloodstained is wiping the poor with this Kickstarter, and at the current rate it's going to release first lol.

Because according to the developers themselves the actual game is complete and we'll be spending more than six months on network-related issues for a mode that the overwhelming majority of backers don't give a crap about. Does that help you understand?

No it doesn't. Where does it say the game has been delayed for 6 months because of this online feature? It is still targeted at the first quarter of 2016 so that mean it should be out by April which means 3-4 months at most seeing as this announcement was made late January.

The backers aren't making the game, it's not their project, the project belongs to Keiji Inafune and he is entitled to create the game however he wants. Maybe the backers should realise that they gave money, this isn't an investment where they get some sort of monetary return, it's a gamble, give money in hopes of getting something in return.

Also from my understanding the online component is a two-player co-op mode which i'm sure many people would be ecstatic to have once the game is released in it's completed form. I'm actually the opposite to most people on this thread, I didn't back the game but after hearing about how the developers are polishing it to make sure the game is the best it can be before releasing it to the public means they actually care about the damn thing. I take pride in my work and never would I think about giving to anyone in an incomplete form and I can completely understand where Inafune is coming from. This along with the online co-op has actually made me interested in the game (I wasn't before as I was over the Mega-Man franchise) so much so that I will be purchasing a physical copy day 1.

Just checked my Amazon orders and apparently I preordered this back in May. I'm going to keep my preorder as it is as I have no doubt that the game will be enjoyable but I wish delays wouldn't occur for features no one even wants. Especially when there are people out there who funded this game and have been waiting patiently.

No it doesn't. Where does it say the game has been delayed for 6 months because of this online feature? It is still targeted at the first quarter of 2016 so that mean it should be out by April which means 3-4 months at most seeing as this announcement was made late January.

The backers aren't making the game, it's not their project, the project belongs to Keiji Inafune and he is entitled to create the game however he wants. Maybe the backers should realise that they gave money, this isn't an investment where they get some sort of monetary return, it's a gamble, give money in hopes of getting something in return.

Also from my understanding the online component is a two-player co-op mode which i'm sure many people would be ecstatic to have once the game is released in it's completed form. I'm actually the opposite to most people on this thread, I didn't back the game but after hearing about how the developers are polishing it to make sure the game is the best it can be before releasing it to the public means they actually care about the damn thing. I take pride in my work and never would I think about giving to anyone in an incomplete form and I can completely understand where Inafune is coming from. This along with the online co-op has actually made me interested in the game (I wasn't before as I was over the Mega-Man franchise) so much so that I will be purchasing a physical copy day 1.

You're engaging in a lot of speculation there considering you don't have access to all the information those of us who backed the project do. Backers of the game have been receiving updates and this is the second time the game was delayed because of this purported online component. Indeed, the developer has stated this specifically in the last two delay update e-mails they sent out. Furthermore, they told backers after the first delay that the online component was specifically requested by their publisher as a condition of the deal. Contrary to your claims, these fixes are being made for financial and contractual reasons, not some altruistic desire to release the best possible game. Nobody backed the game for this online "feature" as it wasn't part of the scope of the original pitch. Crowdfunding isn't a donation. It's a contractual relationship that is depending on the project somewhere between a preorder and artistic partronage and while the developer ultimately has control over the project, they are accoutable to the backers subject to the terms and conditions of the crowdfunding platform.

jacobeid

Banned
You're engaging in a lot of speculation there considering you don't have access to all the information those of us who backed the project do. Backers of the game have been receiving updates and this is the second time the game was delayed because of this purported online component. Indeed, the developer has stated this specifically in the last two delay update e-mails they sent out. Furthermore, they told backers after the first delay that the online component was specifically requested by their publisher as a condition of the deal. Contrary to your claims, these fixes are being made for financial and contractual reasons, not some altruistic desire to release the best possible game. Nobody backed the game for this online "feature" as it wasn't part of the scope of the original pitch. Crowdfunding isn't a donation. It's a contractual relationship that is depending on the project somewhere between a preorder and artistic partronage and while the developer ultimately has control over the project, they are accoutable to the backers subject to the terms and conditions of the crowdfunding platform.

This is a good post.

Just checked my Amazon orders and apparently I preordered this back in May. I'm going to keep my preorder as it is as I have no doubt that the game will be enjoyable but I wish delays wouldn't occur for features no one even wants. Especially when there are people out there who funded this game and have been waiting patiently.

I played the demo and you might want to start doubting.

Neonep

This is a great post.

Did this come out? Just went out shopping and saw this at number 3 on the Wii U chart.

image.jpg

drunkenbaker

Neo Member
I'm going to guess you were in a Grainger Games? There should have been a sticker in the corner marked "£3". It's how they've started doing preorders.

My local shop has MN9 and a whole bunch of other coming soon titles in boxes like that.

Jebusman

Banned
Compared to the box art on Amazon the Pegi rating is wrong and it's missing the Comcept logo.

Unless I'm missing something, this is the boxart for the WiiU version on AmazonUK:

It's the same image.

For some reason the 3DS, PS4 and XBONE versions have the Comcept logo, and the 3DS version has the "Provisional" label under the Pegi rating. But not the WiiU Version.

Xater

Unless I'm missing something, this is the boxart for the WiiU version on AmazonUK:

It's the same image.

For some reason the 3DS, PS4 and XBONE versions have the Comcept logo, and the 3DS version has the "Provisional" label under the Pegi rating. But not the WiiU Version.

Not the case on Amazon Germany.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
For kickstarter backers, how does platform choice work? I assume once the game is released you'll be e-mailed a link to claim your platform and get a code?

We've heard thing about this game since they announced the latest delay on January. If say we've been overdue a backer update.

Everything surrounding this game has been so weird and mismanaged it's not even funny.

Some of the versions are already done, it seems they are waiting to get all of them ready to submit the masters for certification.

jholmes

Hmm, I don't think I got that e-mail. Will I be defaulted to a PC version or something if I didn't respond?

I think they said they're doing another round of platform surveys since people have bought and sold hardware since that first one went out. But if you don't respond they will probably just assign you a Steam key, yeah.

They have 3 months, guys. Don't pester them or the game could be delayed even further.

Its not only that we're in Spring already but it's that since they ananounced the delay in January we haven't heard a peep from them at all! It's been three months since the last Kickstarter backer update and that was when they talked about the delay. And it's spring and we've yet to know anything else, let alone a release date.

I'm beginning to think they might've used this extra time to tinker more stuff (graphics?) and that the delay wasn't just because of the online component not working. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I think they said they're doing another round of platform surveys since people have bought and sold hardware since that first one went out. But if you don't respond they will probably just assign you a Steam key, yeah.

Fucking Christ, dammit, a Steam key is useless to me.

Edit: Can you send me a link to a confirmation of this future survey?

Top Bottom