• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom calls cops on stranger choking her 7yr son, gets arrested (Up: bodycam footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

The thing that annoys me about their statement is that it only exists because of the viral nature of the video and the backlash to it

If that video didn't exist and that woman and her family went to the precinct to file a report about the cop and his abhorrent behavior it'd be filed away to never been seen ever again assuming she'd even given the ability to file a report

Boke1879

Someone said that to me recently, and the same thing happened. It was clear he was too far gone to even try and argue with, so I told him he probably doesn't fully understand what BLM and ALM actually stand for, and that it's a more complex issue than we could understand.

I wanted to chew him out tbh

the "ALM" crowd is so full of shit and they only say it when it involves minority killings. They are honestly VERY silent even when white people get murdered by police.

God damn...

How the fuck am I supposed to tell my son to trust people if I can't even tell him to trust the ones that are supposed to protect us and enforce the law righteously?

Fuck...

The Kree

Banned
Statement:
C0TjB3kUoAA0y6z.jpg

Nothing will be done about this piece of shit.

Fuck the cops. All of 'em.

R0ckman

I seriously thought the Police Officer got approached at, like the personal space that they love using "invaded" or "stay back, I'm fearful of my life is in danger"

This motherfucker invaded a civilians personal space and the used the person invaded my space technique

How in the blue fuck is that possible

"Don't approach me, stay back, don't approach me", *goes and approaches them*, "You approached me, how dare you!"

The fuck is wrong with the Policing!

The police HQ is most likely a roach house, who would be issuing the insecticide? A roach isnt going to off its on kind systematically. On that note this is the effects of nepotism.

sarcastor

Their lawyer says getting the man charged for choking the boy is the first thing they will do.

I haven't seen the video yet. Is the man doing the choking a rich, white man? Perhaps a republican senator or congressman? Cause that would explain the cop's behavior.

Dizzy

Banned
What a big man. Hiding behind his badge and his taser. These cops are nothing more than power tripping bullies.

Aw shit it was in Fort Worth?

Not surprised at all. Forth Worth is basically what happens when you take all the progressivism out of Dallas and fill it with gentrified suburbs and massive income disparity (surprise, it falls on hispanic and black people).

Nekofrog

Banned
I honestly believe people like this cop wake up every morning with a hard on at the thought of abusing black people. Piece of shit cop.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Aw shit it was in Fort Worth?

Not surprised at all. Forth Worth is basically where the plane goes when it said it was going to Dallas, but you see Dallas out the plane window before the plane even starts to descend and you start wondering if you have enough money in the bank for a cab to Dallas

Ftfy

andthebeatgoeson

Remember when video evidence through things like body cams and dashboard cams were suppose to be the answer to hold these cops accountable for their prejudice and discrimination?

All the video evidence for situations like this, Walter Scott, philando Castile, Eric garner, Alton sterling and countless others does nothing to promote justice or accountability

All it does is remind me that today is Thursday.

So got damn sad.

People keep saying this and I'm probably just an optimist. But we have to keep on, based on history. It took many years and suffering before the images on TV helped propel the civil rights movement.

It sucks. We need more people dying and more 'why not?' moments before moderate people begin to question the police establishment. That's a tragedy knowing that dead people and brutality is the way forward. Not reason or facts but more suffering.

Baki

It will sound crazy to you, but when I was a kid, if I threw a paperball to an adult and he slapped me for it, I wouldn't have even told my parents. If I did, my father would tell me 'it serves you well'.

That sounds like a disproportionate and unmeasuresd response from an adult. Also illegal.

At any rate, what's your point?

hbkdx12

People keep saying this and I'm probably just an optimist. But we have to keep on, based on history. It took many years and suffering before the images on TV helped propel the civil rights movement.

It sucks. We need more people dying and more 'why not?' moments before moderate people begin to question the police establishment. That's a tragedy knowing that dead people and brutality is the way forward. Not reason or facts but more suffering.

We absolutely have to stay vigilant and continue to keep pushing forward, its just that i don't believe those things that i referenced are going to be our hope and savior in the way they probably should given how cut and dry these incidences caught on video have been.

I posted earlier how the whole minority plight feels like a lose-lose situation. It's just sad that, as you point out, we basically need to repeat the lead up to the civil rights movement for things to, hopefully, change. The unfortunate reality for me is that as a 31 year old black male who realizes how fragile his life is everytime he steps outside, my mother who is 61 and experienced the civil rights movement first hand is utterly devastated by the state of race relations in this society and the fact that we're basically repeating history. She's utterly baffled, frustrated and scared that 50 years later her son may be caught in the middle of a civil uprising. It's hard to watch my mom have to carry those feelings.

Ryzaki009

I don't know how many times I've thought that I got shut down by a woman only for her to tell me later that I should have tried harder. Women pretending to be chaste until untill the man "convinces" them to have sex is part of the male female sexual dynamic and that's clearly what the song is about, the woman in the song is down she's just being playful.

What

Biske

Yeah our country has big big problems. This is beyond not acceptable.

You should be able to trust and rely on police officers to help and make situations better, no matter who is involved.

I'm a white male, in a pretty decent place, so I have never had any problems, but even then when I see cops, I want them to stay the fuck away, they don't make me feel safe, they make me feel like if I blink wrong, shit could go down.

Can't imagine how people feel who are continuously mistreated and abused by cops feel.

What a fucking idiot. People like him are the reason officers get shot. Anyone who does not come down on this clown is also to blame. His badge needs to be taken as he's clearly a danger to others. Anything less is bullshit and just another part of the problem.

Hale-XF11

It all starts at the top. Police unions are notoriously against the black lives matter movement and individual rights and freedom.

We should be fighting police unions left and right or do something to dismantle them entirely if they refuse to play nice.

I don't have any solutions, but I believe that's where the problem starts.

Aren't they suppose to serve everybody... serve us?

Isn't being a police officer a profession? Why not act professionally? Calm and collective before acting....

We have garbage police officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom