• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mom calls cops on stranger choking her 7yr son, gets arrested (Up: bodycam footage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

Mother...

FUCKER!

If it was bloody goddamn clear he lied in his report after the video came out, how can a Police department justify releasing him back into the same neighbourhood, let alone let him stay as a cop!?

Because he is a police officer. The police think everyone should have accountability except for themselves.

Erigu

If it was bloody goddamn clear he lied in his report after the video came out, how can a Police department justify releasing him back into the same neighbourhood, let alone let him stay as a cop!?
Apparently, he could have been promoted, even:
Officer William Martin's attorney told the Star-Telegram that he could have been promoted to corporal if he had agreed to a seven-day suspension and waived his right to appeal.
The attorney, Terry Daffron, said police Chief Joel Fitzgerald made the offer on Jan. 9 but that her client felt he couldn't accept it because of the excessive-force allegation, which Tarrant County prosecutors say they will forward to a grand jury.

I usually don't react very emotionally to stuff I'm seeing on the internet, but this just made me cry.
The last couple of days have been just too much.

First facebook comment I read :
""They deserved to be arrested. Disrespectful! It's a he said, kid said......The man is just doing a job, painting a d is getting harassed.....If she feels a violation took place...Take it up in court. We don't live in a police state, ......The people who complain have had issues.... Probably have some kind of criminal past! Grow up"

America deserves Donald Trump.

Socivol

First facebook comment I read :
""They deserved to be arrested. Disrespectful! It's a he said, kid said......The man is just doing a job, painting a d is getting harassed.....If she feels a violation took place...Take it up in court. We don't live in a police state, ......The people who complain have had issues.... Probably have some kind of criminal past! Grow up"

America deserves Donald Trump.

I'm sure that was a white person. The thing is right is right and wrong is wrong. Defending people that are doing wrong only encourages that behavior to continue. All data shows to police discriminating against minorities and poor people but for some reason people refuse to believe it happens. Talking back to an officer is NOT a crime. These are the same people that will say 1st Amendment rights for anything except a brown person being brutalized by law enforcement. Tt makes me sick.

Anarion07

God sometimes I wish i was really rich so I could get those people the best lawyers and ruin that cops job. Because his profession isn't being a police man. It's being a dick.

How on earth can this kind of proof be dismissed? HOW?

Oare

Body-cam footage was released. I'm too pissed off already to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jxGw4kc8BE

And this cop is already back on the streets patrolling that very same neighborhood.

This is beyond brutal. And ludicrous.
That son of a bitch officer basically keeps escalating a situation that looks like it should not have been much of a thing, until out of the blue he feels "threatens". Proceeds to brutalize and arrest the very mother who called him in the first place because her son had been assaulted.
Then he keeps escalating things. Ends up brutalizing and arresting a 16 years old girl whose sole fault was to try and de-escalate the absurd chaos created by the officer himself.
Then he brutalizes and arrests another woman simply because she says she has a video of the whole thing.

And his fucking car says: "service with respect", "dedicated to protect".
Whew! Thanks for writing it in full letters, I nearly missed the message.

First off I'm glad no one is hurt... but man when you hear the words "This man choked my 7 year old child because my son threw paper at him and didn't listen to him" and your first thoughts are "Well why don't you teach him not to litter?"... your moral scale is pretty fucked. I feel like you're not focusing on the actual issue at hand...

When the victim is guilty party in the eyes of the cop, this type of shit happens. How is she not going to be offended, the cop basically told her that if she raised him right this wouldn't have happened... he's a fucking kid, of course he's gonna do stupid things and they're not always gonna listen!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
since it hasn't been posted yet, update from Shaun King
BREAKING: The Fort Worth Police Department just announced, that after we released this video, they have dropped all charges against Jacqueline and her family and ARRESTED the man who choked her son.

While we are grateful for this, they must now FIRE Officer William Martin. If he is not fired, we are going to release the documents that we have been given by people within the department on the gross mismanagement of this case.

I just spoke with representatives from the family, and they are crushed that the city thought they'd be satisfied with today's announcement. No, you must fire this officer. He instigated every single bit of this. He lied on his reports. And he assaulted these women.

First time i entered this thread.

Really wish I didn't.

America is more disgusting to me every day. It's getting that kind of stink that makes you want to cover your nose and not go anywhere near it.

Easy for me to say across the Atlantic, but I can imagine this being even more painful having to live in it as opposed to just seeing the every day bullshit on a screen.

My LEO 2 cents.

This is beyond retarded. I can't believe this cop escalated the whole situation for no reason. Just take the fucking report and go back in service. I seriously hate fucktards like these. Tarnishing our profession.

EGM1966

I need to stop clicking on these threads. There's so many wrongs in this incident I don't know where to start.

Serious failures in policing and civil behaviour towards a minor all in one.

My LEO 2 cents.

This is beyond retarded. I can't believe this cop escalated the whole situation for no reason. Just take the fucking report and go back in service. I seriously hate fucktards like these. Tarnishing our profession.

I get the Thin Blue Line and fraternal order, but how do the departments justify putting him back on the streets?

My LEO 2 cents.

Tarnishing our profession?

It's been tarnished in this county since the beginning, its a profession built on keeping minorities on the bottom.

Fred-87

America you have such a big problem. Third world country. I know it can happen in any country but why so often in America. It breaks my heart to see that. Poor people.

Pretty infuriating to watch. It's amazing what scumbags are allowed to be police officers.

On the bright side, they are looking at a decent payday in court. No fucking reason for them to be treated like that.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
This shit is fucking disgusting. Relations with police will never be able to improve if the community can't rely on calling the cops for protection or help. This officer should be removed and punished. This video was so fucking enraging.

The problems in this world sicken me.

Verelios

Brothers and sisters, unless you're two feet away from the coffin stop calling the cops for every little infringement. You're gambling with your lives and might be better off handling it yourself. Not vigilante justice...but be aware.

Edit: I know people are going to jump down my throat for this but I'm just saying not to call them for anything less than an emergency as that's what I'd do. Also, not sorry.

The girl was trying to calm the mom down and the officer takes that and pushes her down and then tazes her?? Whattt, what was his logic there, what could she have possibly done to make you attack her

Crazy escalation for no reason whatsoever, this officer is a disgrace.

Jesus I'm a white dude in Australia and this shit makes my blood boil, I don't know how people in the states can accept this as the status quo.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did this dumbass really say that it was okay for him to choke her son because her son "broke the law"? That's one of the dumbest things a cop could say. Of it worked like that everyone could be a vigilante when someone does anything.

The daughter wanted to de-escalate the situation and he went ham. What a fucko.

It's also telling that he went to talk to the white guy first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom