• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolbertoS

All this moaning, Switch users wish a Monster Hunter that look like this one.

Day fucking One!

Leave the console warrior rhetoric out of this thread. If you like MH spinoffs, go you. I prefer "traditonal" MH goodness, regardless of console. If Switch gets MH5 exclusive, I'll play there. Capcom is still loyal to Nintendo it seems for their mainline MH series

Kinsei

Banned
DCKohSyUMAAu6Ze.jpg:large

Adding to OP.

So we're not getting XX in August? Fuck.

This game sounds terrible.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I tried to get into MH with Unite and 4U but never got far. Almost got Generations but maybe I'll check this out instead.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's not Dragon's Dogma, but it's definitely a Monster Hunter taking heavy inspiration from it. It did not seem as slow paced and methodical MH typically is. Rather more fluid and set piece.

KHlover

Banned
That chinese MonHun MMO on CryEngine looks visually better than this. For a PS4 game this looks pretty underwhelming graphically. Don't get me started on bloody screen mechanics and glowing stuff everywhere because now in 1080p on a big screen it'll be sooo hard to see what you can pick up /s

I dunno what to think yet. It COULD be interesting, but without them showing even a hint of what the melee combat will play like I'm not sure.

Havent played a Monster Hunter since dipping my toes into an old PSP game I think. It was a while ago.

That *looked* like Monster Hunter but I don't know the series well - whats the problem here?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
As someone who played alot of it on the wii version and loved it but hasnt biught a nintendo console, this looks fantastic

Hopefully the gameplay stands out

Cant believe people are calling this game ugly, and then they complain why consumers/companies only care about graphics 🤔

Gren

Oh so it is coming to PC. Cool.

Not exactly wild about Monster Hunter, but I've also never played it with other people. Might be fun in the early days, assuming PC is restricted to its own pool (most likely).

CronoShot

I'd say the rumors of a more western focused MH (and if the "World" is any indication, probably open world) hit the nail on the head. Just not called MH5.

looked awesome! cant wait to see more.
we get all these visceral murder sims and a realistic looking mh wants to play and everyone hates, i am disappoint, im excited for a visceral hunting game. things lose style when they go for realism thats always how its been.

Hybrid897

I'm very happy they're finally getting some HD assets. Hopefully the next mainline MH actually uses them.

About this game... looks pretty good? The glowing lights are sort of strange? I guess they're just indicators to where a Monster is maybe just a more understandable version of psychoserum. Also seems to indicate what you can interact with in the environment.

Really hope they don't screw this up. If its actually good could see them developing future high fidelity titles, if its not good it'll probably be another decade until they try again.

That being said the trailer was kinda awful, though I guess current MH fans aren't the target audience. I would have just preferred a single hunt showing weapon moveset and the flow of the fight.

Laplasakos

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Monster Hunter World for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Monster Hunter World for PS4/X1/PC or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Kinsei

Banned
Havent played a Monster Hunter since dipping my toes into an old PSP game I think. It was a while ago.

That *looked* like Monster Hunter but I don't know the series well - whats the problem here?

Monster Hunter is an arena fighter heavily focused on combat. None of that was shown in the trailer.

Is this an MMO? Open world? Co-op?

Monster Hunter is an arena fighter heavily focused on combat. None of that was shown in the trailer.
All I remember was hunting materials, learning about the monsters, sharpening the ole blade and roasting up some meat, and boss monster battles.

Thats not what we're getting here? Or was I playing a spin-off way back then?

Seemed like the perfect game to bring to the consoles with co-op.

How are people not excited for this? There are like 10 official english MH games you can play if you want old MH. There are THREEE MH4 games in the US that you can play. THREE! And people are pissed that Capcom finally has the balls to change it up? C'mon.

Capcom better get their devkits ready and running at the showfloor. We are in desperate need of more gameplay and info. If they leave us hanging with what we have it won't be a good look.

All this moaning, Switch users wish a Monster Hunter that look like this one.

Day fucking One!
If that's the case, I'd advise Switch users to stop worrying because MH5 will probably look better and keep the core formula while adding some spins like in every generation. They really have nothing to worry about. Especially not with XX coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom