• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World (XB1/PS4, PC later, Early 2018) E3 info [Up: Effectively MH5]

I really like the possibilities the grappling hook opens up.

You could probably dodge some giant fireballs with well timed hooks.

Yeah but this also seems to make positioning ind the insect glaive obsolete. Really hated this in Toukiden...

I mean, no other post 360/ps3 Capcom game uses MT Framework, so it was either PR or Unreal 4 (maaaaybe RE Engine but the name implies its exclusive use for RE), logical assumptions really.
There is not a single game out that uses PR....

fanservice spin off that gets g rank? alrighty

Yes? Both Frontier and diary have G ranks. Both are spin offs.

Having to stop to use a potion plus the time it takes is all part of the combat. You have to decide and work it in.

Wouldn't sit there on my high horse saying that people talking about it are elitists.

Im not saying discussion against the idea are elitist but defaulting to 'lets make the players invincible' sure is. Zone hopping to heal doesn't exist anymore so waiting for that gap to appear where you can heal needed an alternative. And the old way was infuriating at any levels. Ive been hit, i've lost all my life and have a massive red bar thats regenerating to deal with. Fair enough stopping to drink was fair, but the stupid long winded arm pump after sure as hell wasn't necessary.

Rncewind

They were labeled as spin-offs since they were announced. Where have you been?

dont know playing the games, while realizing that since ps2 no spinoff game got a ultimate g rank version. cant find one official capcom quote that say its a fan service spinoff would you show it to me?

Fukuzatsu

This posted? http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/1...-changes-retains-plenty-monster-hunter-charm/

They talk about the controls in the demo they saw. But yeah trailer didn't do much for me either but all the impressions have gotten my hyped

All fourteen weapon classes from Monster Hunter will be available as well, and there are weaknesses, or damage multipliers

In a just world this alone should stop the outcry over that 4chan 'leak', and it isn't the first time that the alleged "dumbing down" has been more or less debunked, but I know it won't.

dont know playing the games, while realizing that since ps2 no spinoff game got a ultimate g rank version. cant find one official capcom quote that say its a fan service spinoff would you show it to me?

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH_Diary:_Poka_Poka_Felyne_Village_G

In a just world this alone should stop the outcry over that 4chan 'leak', and it isn't the first time that the alleged "dumbing down" has been more or less debunked, but I know it won't.
Eh no recovery frames on using potions, for sure is the first sight of streamlining the game.

Could we also talk how this game doesn't have NEW weapons, no flagship monster.

Oddish1

you're completely right i was wrong. i also found out monster hunter 4 wasn't a mainline entry because it doesn't have a g rank, also i can't find official confirmation it's a mainline entry or not. would you show it to me?

Qvoth

This posted? http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/1...-changes-retains-plenty-monster-hunter-charm/

They talk about the controls in the demo they saw. But yeah trailer didn't do much for me either but all the impressions have gotten my hyped

wow this mentions a 3 way fight between anjanath rathalos and great jagras
man's that's cool
fast travel to base camp, i guess this is a convenient way to change your equipments quickly
same quest line between singleplayer and multiplayer

Haunted

Monster Hunter has generations of titles, a flagship title that lays the foundation and then usually 1 to 3 followups per generation which build on that.

Discussion is whether World is its own thing like Frontier or Online or Stories, or whether it's the flagship title for the fifth generation of MonHun. Given what Capcom has said, what ShockingAlberto has posted and what we know about the development team behind World - it seems pretty clear that it's the latter.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Game_List

Rncewind

you're completely right i was wrong. i also found out monster hunter 4 wasn't a mainline entry because it doesn't have a g rank, also i can't find official confirmation it's a mainline entry or not. would you show it to me?

so there were not labeled spinoffs as you claimed, neither in japan nor here, got you. Also if you gonna give a snarky remark read before write, i said didnt get a ultimate edition with g rank, which is baseline for every mainline game. I didnt say anything in the lines what you claim i have said

Oddish1

so there were not labeled spinoffs as you claimed, neither in japan nor here, got you. Also if you gonna give a snarky remark read before write, i said didnt get a ultimate edition with g rank, which is baseline for every mainline game. I didnt say anything in the lines what you claim i have said

I understand perfectly now

Finally Monster Hunter Diary will get the mainline recognition it deserves.

magnetic

Thank God for not health bars, and I actually live damage numbers - in a game about upgrading weapons and targeting specific areas on a monster, not knowing how much damage you're actually doing felt a bit odd to me.

I'm very surprised that the entire weapon lineup from the traditional games are in World. I was expecting them to do some sort of reset, like a reboot.

That's fantastic news - I need my gunlance, hunting horn and switchaxe. It also makes me think that the combat might be streamlined but not reinvented entirely.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
People shitting on Toukiden saddens me ;___;

I... I really like Toukiden, Toukiden Kiwami, and Toukiden 2.... I thought injecting meaty storylines and characters work great for the MH formula, and I really think those games have heart in them ;___________;

Rncewind

I understand perfectly now

Finally Monster Hunter Diary will get the mainline recognition it deserves.

MH Diary: Poka Poka Felyne Village G
Generation
Third (Spin-Off)

Monster Hunter XX
Generation
Fourth

thx for linking this, so the only label in the internet is the opposite what you claim, intressting

also seems like to me you throwing elitist bullshit out without having really information on anything really

I'm very surprised that the entire weapon lineup from the traditional games are in World. I was expecting them to do some sort of reset, like a reboot.

That's fantastic news - I need my gunlance, hunting horn and switchaxe. It also makes me think that the combat might be streamlined but not reinvented entirely.

if I don't need a small paper besides me for my HH notes, I'll be mad. But seriously I'm not that hyped, animations look super bad.

People shitting on Toukiden saddens me ;___;

I... I really like Toukiden, Toukiden Kiwami, and Toukiden 2.... I thought injecting meaty storylines and characters work great for the MH formula, and I really think those games have heart in them ;___________;
Shit bored me to death. I'm sorry.

The one thing I'm actually looking forward too is monsters actually fighting each other. For years they've been showing off CGI cutscenes/ecology videos with monsters kicking each other's shit in the moment they see one another but when the situation arises in game they both ignore each other and attack the your Hunter who's weapon is the size of a toothpick compared to them

Kyoufu

People arguing over what is and isn't a spinoff in Monster Hunter is the worst thing ever.

Why are people so hyped to hear bigger monsters eat smaller ones? This has been a thing for a while.

Because they've improved the AI so that it resembles a living, breathing ecosystem with dynamic encounters, so it's a lot more exciting to see than in the handheld games where a scripted sequence plays when a monster is wounded/tired, flies to the other zone and eats a small monster. It's elements like this that have been fleshed out to be more convincing that excites me.

sinonobu

Banned
I think they were basically developing MH5, but then realized that it would not sell as well in Japan and intimidate Western audience (who hasn't played the game before) so ended up changing the name to World instead.

I think they were basically developing MH5, but then realized that it would not sell as well in Japan and intimidate Western audience (who hasn't played the game before) so ended up changing the name to World instead.

I agree. That or they wanted to soft reboot the series. Hence we're back with Rathalos as the flagship monster.

I was really worried, but this info dump has done nothing but excite me. I will put my faith in Capcom. After all, they made me eat crow about RE7. I didn't like the changes I saw to that at first!

If you're wanting a new audience having the number 5 will alienate some newcomers. You can even see on GAF some people ask do i need to have played previous versions to enjoy this game. Ive seen it with Persona, FF, Witcher.

This way it seems like a new IP to people who aren't in the know and loses that stigma of a long running franchise.

BlizzKrut

Banned
People arguing over what is and isn't a spinoff in Monster Hunter is the worst thing ever.

Because they've improved the AI so that it resembles a living, breathing ecosystem with dynamic encounters, so it's a lot more exciting to see than in the handheld games where a scripted sequence plays when a monster is wounded/tired, flies to the other zone and eats a small monster. It's elements like this that have been fleshed out to be more convincing that excites me.

And they actually eat the monster now.

Oddish1

thx for linking this, so the only label in the internet is the opposite what you claim, intressting

You got me there, it is in fact the only label in the internet.

Look, this isn't even relevant to what I was initially talking about anyway. We both agreed that Hunting Arts and Styles do make the game easier, right? Let's just drop it there.

Rncewind

You got me there, it is in fact the only label in the internet.

Look, this isn't even relevant to what I was initially talking about anyway. We both agreed that Hunting Arts and Styles do make the game easier, right? Let's just drop it there.

agreed

Tom_Cody

MHWorld_E3_art1.jpg

Now THIS is what I'm talking about.

Salaadin

Have they commented on difficulty scaling now that it's drop in mp? Will monsters automatically get harder if more people pop in?

Fukuzatsu

Eh no recovery frames on using potions, for sure is the first sight of streamlining the game.

Could we also talk how this game doesn't have NEW weapons, no flagship monster.

I think you would be hard-pressed to find a 'next-gen revamp' of any game series without at least some streamlining or QoL improvements, but when you start getting down to things as minute as "well there's no recovery frames on potion use" or "they're going to make it so I don't need to have a physical notepad in my lap while playing", I think it's maybe time to take a step back and look at what you are arguing.

Even with that example, it still seems a far cry from the "dumbed-down westernisation" the original rumour was claiming, and again, it got the point about weapons completely wrong. It wasn't claiming there were no new weapons, it said they had removed weapons.

Airan

There is not a single game out that uses PR....

...c'mon man, don't be obtuse. Given MTF was supposedly 'abandoned' at the time, the logical assumptions would be PR (they might have re purposed Deep Down concepts for MH) or UE4. Most (all?) UE4 games have the logo at some point in their trailers, so its absence lead me to believe an in-house engine. What next-gen engine was Capcom working on before RE Engine? PR.

Qurupeke

Reading the gameplay demo impressions, I'm confident this will be an enjoyable game. Any fears I had are pretty much gone. I think the gameplay might be faster, all signs points to that, but it still seems to be MonHun at its core, so I doubt it will ruin anything. Great Swords will still be the slow but strong weapon, sword and shield will probably still allow you a lot of movement etc. The changes on the environment, the live and breathing world as they called it, are very intriguing. Along with the change on the quests, I assume they're going for a much more natural experience instead of just entering an area and hunting a monster or two.

So far, it basically sounds like a Monster Hunter dream project, so I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to play online with GAF again. :)

Mupod

There's so many things about this that I've been speculating about or wishing they'd add for a long time, like dramatic improvements to monster interactions and infighting. They did seamless zone transitions exactly as I predicted they would. I can put up with SOME monkey paw bullshit but I'm going to complain about it all the way.

Capcom decided to add damage numbers to the this game.
The Quest Giver was fully voiced in English
NO STOP TO USE POTIONS ANYMORE

KnNVRBs.gif

Top Bottom