• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

May16

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

image.png

R-User!

Given that there have been no news on the FFVII re-release since its infamous reveal back in the last PSX event, it wouldn't be completely improbable that they've changed their mind and actually remake it with better graphics and such. Maybe not FFXV level, but something less blocky, and in full HD.

On that note, perhaps there heard the disappointment post PSE announcement, and realized that that wasn't really what would drive the most people to buy FF7 on PS4, and that their dissatisfaction with the reveal led to them reconsidering how to sell FF7 to the "masses" (PS4 users) en masse again. Perhaps they realized that they were milking it one last time too many?

Cloud? Are you there?

mdzapeer

People need to calm down...its probably nothing.

Best we can hope for is the remaster getting significant upgrades (re-done backgrounds, re-done movies etc.).

I'll give you the reason: I heard they're doing a new translation to fix the original, which is why it took so long. I understand it's still coming though and is still what they trolled with.
This is good to hear.

Thankfully I will still have my engrish translation on the Vita/PS3

I'll give you the reason: I heard they're doing a new translation to fix the original, which is why it took so long. I understand it's still coming though and is still what they trolled with.
Do you know if they are making new changes like supporting analog stick controls?

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.
Less than 24h for your ban.

Valor

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me for the millionth time and stop it I'm dead already why do you keep doing this to me, internet.

First Last Guardian, then Shenmue, then FF7.

Both PS4 and Xbone conferences will consist of half the conference being awkward virtual reality shit that nobody can experience because they're not wearing a headset. The other half with a big EA game, a big Activision game, and 1 or 2 big exclusives like Uncharted 4. End of conference, and you will all hate yourselves in the morning like I've done every year.

XB1 VR?

R-User!

It definitely feels like a bunch of air was let out of my balloon.... for now...

*whining fake obnoxious sarcastic voice*
THANKS GUYS!

Ok, well this is PSX all over again. We got Shenmue tease, TLG teases and now FFVIIR.

Wheres my Crash tease!

Ugh. Terrible idea. Just play the original again. Still don't understand why people are clamoring for this.

Because the game is awesome. Will insta-buy once it hits PS4 soon. Classics never die.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
My take. This is still FF7pc edition with proper translation (like Kagari said). Shenmue wil be HD versions of the first and second game. TLG seems real tho and they probably end the conference with it.

Shenmue 3, TLG and FFVII Remake?

Guys, what happened to the whole, "never again after PSX" thing lol.

No matter what happens, I feel like Sony expectations are way too high now.

BibiMaghoo

I can believe it actually.

Nothing motivates companies more than an incredibly ugly backlash. This describes the PS4 announcement of FF7, and the silence since.

I've said it before, and I stand by it. It will not be the Steam release, but something more.

coastel

If true I won't be able to play it anyway due to being dead from the shock. Atleast when it turns out to be bullshit I still have fallout to look forward to till ff15 is out :/

faridmon

Why is no one talking about remaking the superior FF game, VI?
This makes me sad because I thought there would be an interest in that game

:(

Bousf

Not this again......I believe the remake may be in the works but I hardly believe it will show at E3 this year.

We're down on the insane hopes line, what's next, Crash a la PSX? lol

Now all TLG, Shenmue 1&2 HD, Shenmue 3, Crash on PS4 and FFVII Remake happen at E3 and my family posts my obituary on GAF saying "He couldn't handle the hype"

R-User!

You're right. They're suspiciously quiet. It's the calm before the storm...

2506709-6546413281-MZMOv.gif

The Console war ends tonight

NEOGAF:

Mr. Hashimoto!

Welcome back.

We missed you!

HASHIMOTO:

It ends tonight.

NEOGAF:

We know it does; we've SEEN it!

That's why the REST of us are just going to enjoooy the shooow, because we already know that you're the one who TROLLS US!

*thunder strikes while music booms*

Sami+

Shenmue 3, TLG and FFVII Remake?

Guys, what happened to the whole, "never again after PSX" thing lol.

No matter what happens, I feel like Sony expectations are way too high now.

I have it on good authority that we'll see Agent at the Sony conference this year trust me my uncle works at Nintendo

I can believe it actually.

Nothing motivates companies more than an incredibly ugly backlash. This describes the PS4 announcement of FF7, and the silence since.

I've said it before, and I stand by it. It will not be the Steam release, but something more.

PS1 version now available for PS4 via official emulator

Go_Ly_Dow

ouhxdsG.jpg

Our Hashimoto, who art in Japan,
Hallowed be FF7 Remake.
Thy release come.
Thy game be done
On PS4, as it is on PS1.
Give us this day our announcement trailer,
And forgive us our GIFs,
As we forgive those who GIF against us.
Lead us not into trolling,
But deliver us a remake.
For thine is Cloud,
The One Winged Angel,
For ever and ever.
Please Be Excited.

tumblr_lqo9vtc6qV1qersozo1_500.gif

lewisgone

I was hoping for the anniversary we might be seeing some kind of retail compliation of VII stuff (so, VII with tidier graphics, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus and maybe the movie as well).

That was my pipe dream. At the very least, if we get an updated translation I'll be happy. I mean, if the rumour is true, I don't think it will be a major thing....I'm imagining we'll be seeing character models more like HD versions of the VIII overworld models, instead of the blocky chibi 3D models of VII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom