• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I4zdwAV.jpg

BibiMaghoo

PS1 version now available for PS4 via official emulator

This could happen anyway for all PS1 games, but they need to convince publishers to allow it without a new sale. Publishers are not going to be on board with people playing the games they paid for years ago, when they could potentially charge again. Sony surely knows that would never wash with customers, and so caught between rock and hard place.

Duxxy3

Three extreme long shots in a single night? Nah, I don't think so.

My guess is that they will show the last guardian, announce that FF7 port is finished for PS4 and available today and Shenmue will be on mobile.

Go_Ly_Dow

Has anyone notable in the industry recently followed any important Square-Enix staff on twitter?

We can use that to further support the remake claim.

I bet its a misscommunication with their source and its actually the ff7 pc troll game at their conference. Dont do this to yourself guys.

"We heard your cries. We apologize for last time. Here it is!!!"

[the lights lower. crowd goes nuts. some classic Final Fantasy 7 music plays]

"18 Years Ago..."

[crowd is losing their shit]

"A Legendary Fantasy Returns... Reborn..."

[crowd begins screaming and stomping. the FF7 PC version appears, but the camera is zoomed and cropped to make it look widescreen. the models look like they've been replaced by Crisis Core/PSP quality ones or something, and the music all sounds OCRemixy]

"COMING 2016"

[the crowd is silent. someone is weeping]

"Thank you for attending our 2015 Media Briefing. Suzuki-san will be showing off his concept art for whatever he can get Kickstarter money for by 2017 at our booth."

Would Square really bother making a game as huge as FF7R without making a XB1 version?
SE just doesn't seem like the company to leave money the table. Unless Sony is footing part of the bill.

Kensuke

Siliconera is very trustworthy. I've been reading that site for a while and they've never posted nonsense rumors. The guy that posted this is also the managing editor, he put his reputation on the line for this. I think it's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom