• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My TV cant install the latest xbox firmware (June update adds wireless power)

Kazdane

Gold Member
Ending New Year GIF by Looney Tunes

Backfire of the year, and possibly of the decade. Holy cow... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

calistan

Gold Member
I can sympathise with the OP. Recently I moved my PC to a new room and needed a much longer cable for the monitor, so I thought I'd treat myself to a super high-end HDMI cable.

Ripped open the packaging, hooked it up to the graphics card,, moved furniture to hide the wires, went to plug it into the monitor... then realised my monitor required a Displayport cable, not HDMI.

LordCBH

Just wait until HDMI cable's need firmware updates.

Just imagine if Dell started making TV’s. They’d pull shit like they pull with their laptop chargers.

“Unable to verify the brand of HDMI cable. The system resolution will be locked to 480i.”

Better use that Dell branded HDMI cable!

Let's give one for OP, but having your TV update message be a full screen ... That's very bad design. In my LG that's just a small notification in the corner that goes away

MarkMe2525

IMG-20240614-232225549.jpg

IMG-20240612-222741560.jpg

This is like when a receptionist wrote me an appointment card for nine months in the past. Must have been kiphalfton's mother. It would explain the mongoloid genetics.
That looks like a Google TV screen, not Xbox.

Edit: I see that this has already been pointed out. We all make mistakes, but what a goof ball. 🤪

Last edited:

Drew1440

Just imagine if Dell started making TV’s. They’d pull shit like they pull with their laptop chargers.

“Unable to verify the brand of HDMI cable. The system resolution will be locked to 480i.”

Better use that Dell branded HDMI cable!
And they would preinstall a free trial of McAfee Security on the TV that nags you every time you turn it on.

Top Bottom