• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My TV cant install the latest xbox firmware (June update adds wireless power)

Markio128

Gold Member
Saul Goodman Lawyer GIF by Better Call Saul

LordOfChaos

Probably until the heat death of the universe, if I didn't manually switch to HDMI 3 ARC and back to HDMI 1 (XBX). Never seen this before. It would have have just stayed there if I didn't switch inputs. And it keeps appearing, even with what what the system is telling me is the latest update. Quality engineering all around. I'm starting to hope this is their last go around with dedicated hardware, save for whatever ARM based bandwidth wasting junk they eventually release that I will comfortably avoid like the plague.

As for everything else, there are no error codes, I will attempt the system cache clearing without losing games (what are the odds that actually performs as intended?) when I get back in the system. I appreciate the replies.

Err, how are you expecting the Xbox to power an error code on screen forever without a power source? Something's not making sense to me. Like I said it's possible capacitors could power the message for a short while but they run dry fast.

Zathalus

Err, how are you expecting the Xbox to power an error code on screen forever without a power source? Something's not making sense to me. Like I said it's possible capacitors could power the message for a short while but they run dry fast.
The funny part is that if it indeed powered the message until the heat death of the universe then would be the very definition of 'Quality engineering all around'.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Mother fucking Micro$oft can make magic no power electrons that move through reality and phase into your TV to give warning messages without any power. THEN WHY WAS RED RING 360???!

BlackTron

Gold Member
I can sympathise with the OP. Recently I moved my PC to a new room and needed a much longer cable for the monitor, so I thought I'd treat myself to a super high-end HDMI cable.

Ripped open the packaging, hooked it up to the graphics card,, moved furniture to hide the wires, went to plug it into the monitor... then realised my monitor required a Displayport cable, not HDMI.

I have a similar story, only I didn't need to move any furniture around, and the surprise was that my monitor doesn't support 120hz over HDMI. Only DisplayPort.

The purpose of the console was to play a game at 120 using my monitor...so I got a HDMI to DP cable which worked...but I failed to account for the fact that DP doesn't carry audio. Further hilarity ensued...

Man old consoles were way better with their multiple outputs. You'd never be scratching your head wondering how to get sound out of a PS3.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This makes me feel right at home because my friend is technologically illiterate. Like, he knows nothing about how to operate anything, and he'll always call me with the most captain obvious questions where I'm like seriously? I go through an episode with him like this once a month.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What's the over/under on a double down? Some sort of "how was I possibly supposed to know"

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
This makes me feel right at home because my friend is technologically illiterate. Like, he knows nothing about how to operate anything, and he'll always call me with the most captain obvious questions where I'm like seriously? I go through an episode with him like this once a month.
I have a retarded friend with assbergers disease who’s similar.
He understands basic technology and what role it plays, but is otherwise clueless.

He recently called me because he needs a “sound wire to connect to his new PS5”

I told him dude, it’s just HDMI for video and audio.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have a retarded friend with assbergers disease who’s similar.
He understands basic technology and what role it plays, but is otherwise clueless.

He recently called me because he needs a “sound wire to connect to his new PS5”

I told him dude, it’s just HDMI for video and audio.
Technology is a funny thing.

My dad is in his 80s and only started using PCs when the internet got popular around 2000. Even to this day. he's still bad at using PCs and the net and will even call me or my siblings every once in a while when the printer is blinking, and he's panicking something bad will happen.

But since he's got a background in engineering, even to this day when it comes to fixing stuff, wiring, understanding all the cables that go to TV/DVD/VHS players, rabbit ears antenna (yes he cancelled cable and got rabbit ears) he's a pro. I remember him trying to teach us the history and differences between AC and DC power. But ask him to fiddle around with software using a mouse to change, update or right click this or that and he has zero clue and gets nervous he'll break the program. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom