• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

scoobs

Why does Lebron whine so much?

Because he's a man who's gotten what he wants his entire life cuz hes the greatest of his time. Anytime something doesn't go his way he's not used to it and complains.

Embiid not making it in over some of these East reservers is just flatout ridiculous.

Also, Shaqs got some serious insecurity issues with dominant big men in today's game. Hates on em' all.

Rondo is trash and butthurt but he is still right. What Butler and Wade did was asinine.

At this point, just fire everyone and get Sam Hinkie there and let him do his craziness.

Next year there are going to be ALOT of first or second time all stars.

Jokic, Porzingis, and KAT all enter their 3rd year.
Embiid + Simmons get to try and make the 76ers a contender
Rudy Gobert was already a snub.
Giannis will probably make it back, maybe Parker joins him.

Basically a bunch of 3rd years plus Embiid.

Also Lillard/McCollum if the Blazers' super young squad can improve (they DO have a young squad guys, they'll get better...)

Eh, I'm still skeptical of Porzingis. One of his biggest criticisms when he was drafted was his lack of core strength.

He's just really slow for his age past the second half of games. He's not a second Dirk, he's nowhere near close to the athleticism Dirk had when he was young.

At work..don't have time to do the whole fantasy trade thing. But would Jose Calderon for Rondo straight up work? Guy at work swears it would be the answer to the Lakers struggles..funny cause he's a Boston fan.

rondolakershat.jpg

The old commercial is almost becoming reality

Rondo is trash and butthurt but he is still right. What Butler and Wade did was asinine.

At this point, just fire everyone and get Sam Hinkie there and let him do his craziness.

butler has kind of earned the right, but fuck wade. he thinks that just because he came in and kissed jimmy's ass constantly, that means he's automatically co-leader and can trash the rest of the team without backing it up himself. he reminds me of dwight schrute.

scoobs

Embiid actually playing tonight or still out w/ the knee contusion? I wanna see him come out mad about the All-Star snub. We could be looking at a 40/20/5/5 game boys

Like there is no statistical measure that supports this. Embiid is a better defender by far. By fucking far. Embiid is probably more dangerous offensively as well. This is the most asinine thing on earth. Do people not watch game film?

Being on the court matters too. The extra nine minutes a game Millsap plays means that the Hawks don't have to use their bench as much. No one denies that Embiid has a huge impact on the court but I get why they excluded someone who only plays half the game.

gutshot

Embiid actually playing tonight or still out w/ the knee contusion? I wanna see him come out mad about the All-Star snub. We could be looking at a 40/20/5/5 game boys

Sixers have officially listed him as questionable, will be evaluated prior to the game.

EDIT: Embiid interviewed at shoot around, said he is good to go tonight. Joked about playing 40 minutes lol

Two Words

Those guys are outliers. The problem is that when they do it, it creates an unreasonable expectation for other players. If anything, Dirk is the warning case for future players. Took a pay cut to be "loyal" and the Mavs haven't done shit but squander is last few years in the league.
It hasn't been due to not trying. I think Dirk's relationship with the Mavs organization is unique. I expect to see Dirk as a part of the Mavericks franchise one way or another for as long as Mark Cuban owns the Mavericks. Either way, Dirk is getting taken care of.

It hasn't been due to not trying. I think Dirk's relationship with the Mavs organization is unique. I expect to see Dirk as a part of the Mavericks franchise one way or another for as long as Mark Cuban owns the Mavericks. Either way, Dirk is getting taken care of.

That's nice and all, but despite all the props he and the Mavs got for the whole home team discount, while Kobe was criticized for taking every cent he could, they are going to end their careers much in the same way; on garbage teams. My point is simply that it should not be on the players to take less money (guys like LeBron and Prime Kobe/Dirk are already taking pay cuts as it is, even on max deals) in order to help out the financial situation of the owners. Does the salary cap regulations make it harder for them to build teams? Probably, but that's the system the owners wanted, so let them figure it out. Right now the owners have it cushy. They have passed the buck on to the players and the fans eat it up, criticizing guys for not taking pay cuts, criticizing guys if they demand trades, criticizing guys if they exercise their right to free agency, meanwhile the owners line their pockets and get a pass. I hate that.

Two Words

That's nice and all, but despite all the props he and the Mavs got for the whole home team discount, while Kobe was criticized for taking every cent he could, they are going to end their careers much in the same way; on garbage teams. My point is simply that it should not be on the players to take less money (guys like LeBron and Prime Kobe/Dirk are already taking pay cuts as it is, even on max deals) in order to help out the financial situation of the owners. Does the salary cap regulations make it harder for them to build teams? Probably, but that's the system the owners wanted, so let them figure it out. Right now the owners have it cushy. They have passed the buck on to the players and the fans eat it up, criticizing guys for not taking pay cuts, criticizing guys if they demand trades, criticizing guys if they exercise their right to free agency, meanwhile the owners line their pockets and get a pass. I hate that.
But I doubt Dirk felt forced to take less. I'm sure if he pushed for the max, they would have given the max. And if what Dirk wanted was to take less to help build a better team, that's his choice.

But I doubt Dirk felt forced to take less. I'm sure if he pushed for the max, they would have given the max. And if what Dirk wanted was to take less to help build a better team, that's his choice.

I agree, but where did it get him? I have no problem with players choosing to take less, same without Duncan, that's there choice, I just hate when it becomes the expectation. I hate when guys are criticized for taking the max (which in a lot of cases is still far less than they are really worth) as if an extra $5-10 million a year is inconsequential, even for millionaires. Would anybody criticizing him willingly take a 25% pay cut at work just to help their employers bottom line? I guess my point is simply this: over the last few rounds of CBA negotiations the owners have by in large gotten what they wanted. So I don't want to hear any owners or critics complain that it's harder to field a winning team when players take the max. These are YOUR rules they are playing under. If you don't like it stop fighting to make the salary cap system more and more restrictive.

While I won't argue that Embiid has had a better impact for his team than Millsap, the all-star process is just flawed in general. Especially for Centers.

Either way, someone was going to get snubbed.

Jarate

Banned
While I won't argue that Embiid has had a better impact for his team than Millsap, the all-star process is just flawed in general. Especially for Centers.

Either way, someone was going to get snubbed.

Embiid has better offensive, and defensive stats then Milsapp

Embiid is a more impactful player then Milsapp in basically every fashion

5G7YSW9.jpg

Like, what argument is there? Milsapps team is good? Put Milsapp on the Sixers roster and are they winning as many games as the Sixers have won?

This is the most asinine thing to ever happen. No coach is going to get the fear of death put into them by Paul Milsapp. Paul Milsapp is a very good player, but Embiid is just a way better player.

I'm actually somewhat glad Embiid won't play due to his injury concerns, but this is absolutely bonkers by NBA coaches.

RootCause

Heat should trade Whiteside.

Flop from a recent college game, this is soccer level shit now:

Hsj0dHC.gif
Dude clearly using a stand. We just can't see it.

Wade salty about his offseason choice, and Butler has no trust in that fo. Can't blame Butler.

Saw this earlier. A post on reddit about how Westbrook gets those rebounds.

Summary: Westbrook is almost never contesting shots, instead he's leaving his man open and blatantly attacking the paint in search of defensive rebounds with a numbers advantage. Beyond this, the entire rebounding culture of the team has been centered around the bigs boxing out and deferring rebounds to Westbrook. Additionally, due to his position being perimeter oriented, his constant search of rebounds has compromised OKC's perimeter defense, which ranks dead last in the NBA in opp. guards expected FG% by a considerable margin.

Marz

I would love to see some advanced metrics on Big O's triple double season and how it affected his team in comparison.

Ninja, are we in tank mode? This has been a tough 4 years. I think I am ready to package Russell and anyone else and start over. Mozgove is a disaster, and we all knew Deng was a shot fighter 2 years ago.

Help!!!!!

Top Bottom