• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Marz

Clown? Seriously? I disagree with you and/or use a term you don't like and you indirectly (since you couldn't even man up to do it straight) call me a clown? Fuck this mentality.

Sorry man I was fuckposting

You can swap the winning years if you want to talk about players missing games. Or you can just leave hypothetical wins out of it like a rational person.

Are we really comparing Love and Irving being out for the entire series to Draymond Green missing 1 game? Very rational.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Are we really comparing Love and Irving being out for the entire series to Draymond Green missing 1 game? Very rational.

I am not comparing anything. Hypothetical wins is pointless. You can't say that the Cavs would have certainly won in 2015 with their starters as much as you can say the Warriors would have closed it out with Green in game 5 or Bogut in game 7.

TTG

rockets are either in a big slump or they were just hot in the beginning of the season and are crashing back down to earth

They're definitely missing an opportunity to secure the third seed while the Clippers are hurt. It could mean the difference between an unmitigated success of a conference finals versus a more tepid finish.

random25

Nice win for the Pacers. Seeing PG13 aggressive in scoring these past few games makes me hopeful for a turnaround after the all Star break.

Are we being dense on purpose? Curry was injured the entire playoffs, Bogs got injured the last games, Iguadala the guy who guards Lebron got injured for the last few games which shockingly just happened to be the same games LeBronie turned it up. Green could also get suspended in g6 which is why he played like trash. Cavs still had it worse in 15, but the this horseshit revisionist history

tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

Also hypothetical wins are for losers.

Tom Penny

Are we being dense on purpose? Curry was injured the entire playoffs, Bogs got injured the last games, Iguadala the guy who guards Lebron got injured for the last few games which shockingly just happened to be the same games LeBronie turned it up. Green could also get suspended in g6 which is why he played like trash. Cavs still had it worse in 15, but the this horseshit revisionist history

tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

Also hypothetical wins are for losers.
Lol the Curry excuse. They fucking choked and reloaded. Anytime they don't win the title is an epic fail now.That's how it is going forward. Get used to it.

Lol the Curry excuse. They fucking choked and reloaded. Anytime they don't win the title is an epic fail now.That's how it is going forward. Get used to it.
Regardless of injuries, Warriors chocked badly and deserve all the shit they have gotten for it. I just can't stand this dumb revisionist history that people make it seem like Cavs were affected heavily in 15 and the Warriors weren't. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you get that W.

Also KD for 30 or 40 tonight against that trash Blazer D?

I just finished watching the OKC v Cavs game and Westbrook is a got damn liability (during this game) for this team. Yeah, he may be racking up triple doubles, but he causes so many turnovers, especially when he is shooting like absolute shit.

He would constantly barrel his way down to the hoop for what should have been a layup, but in a last second effort to get that assist, he dumps the ball down to Adams who is covered by 2-3 guys, and then fumbles the ball and turns it over, because, honestly, why would someone who's potential layup was barely contested dump it down to someone below him that is covered by 2-3 people at the very last second?

they honestly played better tonight when WB wasn't on the floor. They might have even won the 4th quarter if WB just stayed on the bench. While he was out, it went from 17 down, to a 9 point game. the minute he came back in, it went back to 17 down again.

I stole this off the ESPN page, but the bolded was bullshit. WB led this team to a loss with his ball hog last ditch effort pass turnovers and 7 for 26 from the field.
Coach should have continued to let Olidipo and Payne run the offense, that was the only time OKC seemed to be decent tonight.

Royce Young is pretty terrible. He was pretty emo when KD left and you can basically frame all his analysis within that context

Westbrook is absolutely stat chasing out there and no one is gonna tell him shit about taking tons of terrible shots or putting teammates in bad situations. Billy Donovan is kind of gutless about it and he's got no teammates that will call him out.

Wtf just happened in this blazers vs warriors game man? That was a crazy ass run to be down 19 with like 5 min in the half left and then be down 3

Royce Young is pretty terrible. He was pretty emo when KD left and you can basically frame all his analysis within that context

Westbrook is absolutely stat chasing out there and no one is gonna tell him shit about taking tons of terrible shots or putting teammates in bad situations. Billy Donovan is kind of gutless about it and he's got no teammates that will call him out.

Are they tracking "caused turnovers" and regular turnovers because I'm sure he actually has 20+ quadruple doubles this season, and maybe a few quintuple doubles as well.

Main reason why I think WB didn't get the start votes, and won't win the MVP either.

Still better than Royce White.

A little old, but:

https://twitter.com/MichaelVPina/status/824632095620358146
Michael Pina said:
Being in the Rockets locker room after last night's game, it's pretty interesting how confident and unbothered they sounded after that loss.

from January 26, when we lost to the Celtics.

This is all that's keeping me going this december. Gordon and Ryno have had flu at odd times, Capela is swinging back into the rotation, and we had to play an 8 man rotation against the sixers. Not too mention, our 3s haven't been falling as well as they used to, and with Capela and Ryno missing games, it's been harder for us to score in the paint.

It's also our 16th game this month, and we've played the most away games (29), and the most games (51) of any team in the NBA. We had our only 4 in 5 this month.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/games-played

voh0gdg.png

We only have 4 more back2backs for the rest of the season. And February is an easy schedule, filled with 2/9 road games. Plus, none of the matchups are too scary. We just need to get to the all star break at this point, and get some rest. March picks things back up, but tbh, November-January have been so much more dense, with a much smaller amount of rest between games. End of season should hopefully be a smooth glide.

I would kill for Sefolosha right now, tbh

ACE 1991

got tickets for Sacramento at Philadelphia. Embiid is questionable for tonight... I'm going to be so damn bummed if he doesn't play.

Sage Steele is trending on Twitter right now over this

NUFF ‏@nuffsaidNY 3 hours ago
Sage Steele makes Stacey Dash look like Harriet Tubman.

RespectMyGame ‏@battletested5 4 hours ago
Sage Steele would have told Dr. Martin Luther King that she wasnt able to catch a cab because his March in Selma disrupted cab service

aaron charlow ‏@acharlowmedia 223 minutes ago
Sage Steele would complain to the waitress about the inconsiderate people hogging seats at the counter.

C3biIk3UoAAuqxF.jpg

Omar ‏@omartheprogram 33 minutes ago
*Sage Steele reading Anne Frank's Diary out loud in class*

*raises hand*

*Asks teacher if Anne Frank was an illegal immigrant to Holland*

Desus Nice ‏@desusnice 4 hours ago
"Ma'am we don't have time for this, some of us are trying to get home" - sage steele to Rosa parks

Joseph Howze ‏@outlandgraphics 38 minutes ago
Sage Steele would've told Malcolm X "Plymouth Rock missed me entirely"

ACE 1991

Since I don't usually follow lineup announcements all that closely, do most teams give out their starting five at least an hour or two before tip-off? I may just dump my tickets, I've seen enough non-Embiid games this season and I don't really care for another. He's still listed as questionable...

Top Bottom