• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

What season has there not been mid-season Lebron drama?

Stop giving it attention. They'll either make a move to better the team or it will end up not being anything

rambis

Banned
Don't know how people still fall for this. These LeBron teams always have stretches where suddenly everyone is a bum and he has no help, ignoring that this is practically the same team that won it all last year, or will be when JR gets back.

They'll make it out of the East, probably easily. But they can't fuck with Golden State and he knows it, so he's whining. Same exact thing happened last year around this time when he got Blatt fired (with the best record in the East) after losing badly to the Warriors.

The playmaker talk is odd since he is the playmaker. He plays the PG role at least half the time. Complaining about management is also odd since they've done whatever he's wanted. If he hadn't made them overpay Tristan Thompson or taken a huge max deal over the cap increase, maybe they'd have more flexibility.
Lol are you sure you arent overexaggerating? Lebron, the guy who beat this greatest team ever after being down 3-1 is asking for like a middling PG to handle the ball in response to GSW signing Kevin fucking Durant. This is after they've lost two other backup pgs and their starting off guard is hurt for weeks. Im not even sure what there is supposed to be to complain about or whine about but here we are.

And yeah, you seemingly figured out that yes Lebron is the primary ball handler for the Cavs. Theres a reason while most hall of fame players arent the ones bringing the ball up every play. And with the Cavs you have an allstar PG thats mediocre at it so yeah I would ask for more.

And yeah, you seemingly figured out that yes Lebron is the primary ball handler for the Cavs. Theres a reason while most hall of fame players arent the ones bringing the ball up every play. And with the Cavs you have an allstar PG thats mediocre at it so yeah I would ask for more.

Yes, they usually play seamless team basketball that is not compatible with Lebron's brand of fuckball. There's a reason why he never plays with a "great playmaker" and that's because the offense he's comfortable in isn't conducive to this kind of guys. I mean, why even do that if we know the play is going to end with Lebron committing uncalled offensive fouls and traveling a fuck lot?

I'm joking about the second part, but really, a playmaker and Lebron together do not make sense.

BadAss2961

Lol are you sure you arent overexaggerating? Lebron, the guy who beat this greatest team ever after being down 3-1 is asking for like a middling PG to handle the ball in response to GSW signing Kevin fucking Durant. This is after they've lost two other backup pgs and their starting off guard is hurt for weeks. Im not even sure what there is supposed to be to complain about or whine about but here we are.

Why is he talking to the media about needing a middling PG? Where are they going to find this PG that can make a difference? Why are there reports of him falling out with Dan Gilbert over payroll when Cleveland is the deepest in the luxury tax? This is the team LeBron wanted. They're top heavy and can't make any significant moves. But they're still more talented than everyone except Golden State who just out-superteamed him, and he's mad.

All the whining is pointless when clearly the team's hands are tied at this point. All they can do is fish for lateral trades or find a sucker, which isn't easy when they have no good pieces they're willing to give up. I'm sure LeBron knows this, he's a calculating type of guy... I think what he's really doing is planting the seeds for leaving Cleveland/demanding a trade after the season. This is also what he did last year, but they lucked out and beat GS.

And LeBron isn't the primary ballhander out of necessity, that's his play style. He hasn't played with a quality traditional PG his entire career for this reason.

neptunes

Yes, they usually play seamless team basketball that is not compatible with Lebron's brand of fuckball. There's a reason why he never plays with a "great playmaker" and that's because the offense he's comfortable in isn't conducive to this kind of guys. I mean, why even do that if we know the play is going to end with Lebron committing uncalled offensive fouls and traveling a fuck lot?

I'm joking about the second part, but really, a playmaker and Lebron together do not make sense.
Did you forget what Delly did?
All I see it as they need someone to initiate the offense and/or run the pick and roll when Bron isn't on the floor. Which is what Delly did.

BTW, why is Bron playing 40 mins a game? He really should be saving his body.

All I see it as they need someone to initiate the offense and/or run the pick and roll when Bron isn't on the floor. Which is what Delly did.

BTW, why is Bron playing 40 mins a game? He really should be saving his body.

that's the reason Lebron is whining and crying to the media and ownership. He feels like if he ain't on the floor, his team has no chance of winning.

Oh, on the second unit? Absolutely, they would definitely benefit from it. But getting a playmaker that would play heavy minutes together with Lebron? I'm not so sure that works.

Completely unrelated, but this past season 3 guys in the MLB batted an average higher than what JR Smith is hitting from the floor this season. That's awful. Him being injured might actually be helping the Cavs.

2YFfur1.gif
Fucc HHH

overcast

Yeah, this is a classic Lebron mid season move. Nothing new here.

On the other hand nobody is fucking with the Warriors in a 7 game series. That much is clear to me as a Rockets fan, anyone disagree?

Servbot24

Banned
Yeah, this is a classic Lebron mid season move. Nothing new here.

On the other hand nobody is fucking with the Warriors in a 7 game series. That much is clear to me as a Rockets fan, anyone disagree?
If Steph and Klay both go cold and Draymond gets ejected it could happen. KD not gonna win it

rambis

Banned

What are you even talking about? Those Heat and Cavs teams were some of the best offensive teams in the modern era. Lebron was near his best when he could play offball with Wade. Literally nothing in this post makes sense.

Why is he talking to the media about needing a middling PG? Where are they going to find this PG that can make a difference? Why are there reports of him falling out with Dan Gilbert over payroll when Cleveland is the deepest in the luxury tax? This is the team LeBron wanted. They're top heavy and can't make any significant moves. But they're still more talented than everyone except Golden State who just out-superteamed him, and he's mad.

All the whining is pointless when clearly the team's hands are tied at this point. All they can do is fish for lateral trades or find a sucker, which isn't easy when they have no good pieces they're willing to give up. I'm sure LeBron knows this, he's a calculating type of guy... I think what he's really doing is planting the seeds for leaving Cleveland/demanding a trade after the season. This is also what he did last year, but they lucked out and beat GS.

And LeBron isn't the primary ballhander out of necessity, that's his play style. He hasn't played with a quality traditional PG his entire career for this reason.
Maybe because he wants to see a change? If he wanted a superteam, why did we hear just this week that the Cavs declined to hear a Melo deal? Its called false equivalence.

And of course he is the primary ball handler, he's asking for a backup type player. Why?
Because these past three years their guards have been who?

JR
Delly
Shump
Mo

And outside of a frequently broken Shump, who exactly do they have at this moment to run point if Kyrie wants to score? Who would they have if the playoffs started today? I dont know it is with you hot taking types but asking for a backup type PG to shore up an abysmal guard rotation in the face of the biggest competetion making super moves is more than reasonable. Lebron is literally still playing 40+mins a game...

Lebron gonna leave Cleveland AHAHAHAHAHA are you out of your fucking mind?

There's such thing as a playmaker for the bench...

Good teams want to constantly get better, you can't be satisfied with what you have. Lebron wanting them to get better isn't that controversial.

What are you even talking about? Those Heat and Cavs teams were some of the best offensive teams in the modern era. Lebron was near his best when he could play offball with Wade. Literally nothing in this post makes sense.

Depends on what kind of basketball you like, Spoelstra did the best he could but they were still prone to fuckball IMO. They were one Celtics legend Ray Allen magic 3 away from going 0-3 in the Finals against more organized teams.

Tristan Thompson sucks.

Josh Jackson looked pretty damn good last night against Kentucky. The shot is still suspect but I'm back on the hype train. I don't wanna wait, for our tank to be over.

rambis

Banned
Depends on what kind of basketball you like, Spoelstra did the best he could but they were still prone to fuckball IMO. They were one Celtics legend Ray Allen magic 3 away from going 0-3 in the Finals against more organized teams.

Tristan Thompson sucks.
Yeah lest we forget the whole 48 minutes of that one game 7 that seemingly never happened. Hot takers are the worst...

Yeah lest we forget the whole 48 minutes of that one game 7 that seemingly never happened. Hot takers are the worst...

The Heat were much more talented than the Spurs and had the entire momentum after the game 6 miracle. If you think any different result for game 7 was ever realistic or think that's indicative of Lebron not being a fuckball Hall of Famer then I don't know what to tell you.

Tristan Thompson sucks.

The Spurs were leading by 10 going into the 4th. Lebron went off. They were not just one Celtics legend magic 3 away from going 0-3.

And anyways, why does that even matter?

The Suns were one Robert Horry hip check away from winning a championship...
1995 Rockets were one Kiss of Death away from not winning the championship.

And apparently, points scored in the last 10 seconds shouldn't count.

The Heat were much more talented than the Spurs and had the entire momentum after the game 6 miracle. If you think any different result for game 7 was ever realistic or think that's indicative of Lebron not being a fuckball Hall of Famer then I don't know what to tell you.

A. Yes, you would expect a more organized team to bounce back.
B. Define fuckball for me, precisely, because that might just be the biggest indicator of a hot take that there is.

You would think, after last year, the stupidest of the Lebron hot takes would have died out...

rambis

Banned
The fuck? They werent at all.

Lebron
Bosh
And a struggling Wade

Versus TD, TP, Kawhi and ginobli. And the rest of the spurs were far beyond the Heat. Just stop dude. Who gives a fuck about momemtum? Spurs were in every minute of that last game and still loss on a Lebron dagger.

A. Yes, you would expect a more organized team to bounce back.
B. Define fuckball for me, precisely, because that might just be the biggest indicator of a hot take that there is.

You would think, after last year, the stupidest of the Lebron hot takes would have died out...

Overreliance on isolation-based offense and hero ball plus a lot of midrange contested shots with fewer passes to try and find guys open. I don't meant that as a 'bad offense', just one I don't enjoy watching. And the Heat didn't do that too much because Spoelstra is a terrific coach, but they were prone to doing that when the pressure was on. The ball and off the ball dudes would just stop moving.

What is your definition of fuckball?

Bread

Banned
The Heat were not a fuckball team after their first year together, Im sorry but that's just bullshit. They were huge into spacing, drive and kicks, pick and rolls. That offense was great.

rambis

Banned
You could argue those Spurs and Heat team were the blueprint for the small ball dominated league we have today. Fuck ball smh..

The Heat were not a fuckball team after their first year together, Im sorry but that's just bullshit. They were huge into spacing, drive and kicks, pick and rolls. That offense was great.

Most times yeah and it was a joy to watch because like I said Spoelstra is a great coach. They were a bit inconsistent at times during their post-season runs, with Lebron playing too far from the rim and ball movement slowing down a lot.

I'm being a little bit unfair here because at times yeah, they were very good. At times they weren't.

I just finished watching the OKC v Cavs game and Westbrook is a got damn liability (during this game) for this team. Yeah, he may be racking up triple doubles, but he causes so many turnovers, especially when he is shooting like absolute shit.

He would constantly barrel his way down to the hoop for what should have been a layup, but in a last second effort to get that assist, he dumps the ball down to Adams who is covered by 2-3 guys, and then fumbles the ball and turns it over, because, honestly, why would someone who's potential layup was barely contested dump it down to someone below him that is covered by 2-3 people at the very last second?

they honestly played better tonight when WB wasn't on the floor. They might have even won the 4th quarter if WB just stayed on the bench. While he was out, it went from 17 down, to a 9 point game. the minute he came back in, it went back to 17 down again.

Royce Young
ESPN Staff Writer

Russell Westbrook got his 24th triple-double of the season (20-12-10), but didn't shoot the ball well (7-26) and didn't get much help either as the Thunder couldn't keep up with the Cavs, 107-91. The Thunder are now 18-6 when Westbrook triple-doubles.
I stole this off the ESPN page, but the bolded was bullshit. WB led this team to a loss with his ball hog last ditch effort pass turnovers and 7 for 26 from the field.
Coach should have continued to let Olidipo and Payne run the offense, that was the only time OKC seemed to be decent tonight.

Sandfox

Josh Jackson looked pretty damn good last night against Kentucky. The shot is still suspect but I'm back on the hype train. I don't wanna wait, for our tank to be over.

Jackson is pretty much nice at everything that doesn't involve shooting, though he ha s been shooting the 3 ball better lately.

Marz

Fuckball is literally the dumbest sounding made up term i've ever heard in my life. Sounds like something my 13 year old brother would say to sound cool with his friends or something.

Is that some GAF made term or what because i cringe whenever some clown in here says that.

Also lets not crown the Warriors just yet. Team is full of choke artists and the only ring they have is due in large part to Kyrie and Love not being in the 2015 NBA Finals.

Servbot24

Banned
Fuckball is literally the dumbest sounding made up term i've ever heard in my life. Sounds like something my 13 year old brother would say to sound cool with his friends or something.

Is that some GAF made term or what because i cringe whenever some clown in here says that.

Also lets not crown the Warriors just yet. Team is full of choke artists and the only ring they have is due in large part to Kyrie and Love not being in the 2015 NBA Finals.

If injuries/ejections weren't a thing, Cavs and GSW would have just swapped the years they got rings

Bread

Banned

Nah fuckball is fine. Nothing describes the early '10s Pacers team like it.

Clown? Seriously? I disagree with you and/or use a term you don't like and you indirectly (since you couldn't even man up to do it straight) call me a clown? Fuck this mentality.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

You can swap the winning years if you want to talk about players missing games. Or you can just leave hypothetical wins out of it like a rational person.

overcast

Harden is 1-10 rn. Drunk Harden sucks.

This team has completely lost its touch in the back half of January. Bad defense all year, but terrible shooting and to's everywhere.

Top Bottom