• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

FZZ

Banned
troll account?

off season shit posting sometimes sure, but I don't really troll at all

I DO believe we are going to make the playoffs, assuming our team stays healthy

I DO believe we are going to make the playoffs, assuming our team stays healthy

Show your work.

Who are the Lakers leapfrogging in this West to make the playoffs, where we might see teams with high 40s, (possibly 50) win seasons that might miss the playoffs in the West?

DJwest

We are going to be the third seed in the west
Third from the bottom, I agree.

Show your work.

Who are the Lakers leapfrogging in this West to make the playoffs, where we might see teams with high 40s, (possibly 50) win seasons that might miss the playoffs in the West?
Boom. In no order, you'd have to perform better than the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Wolves, Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Blazers and Jazz. Good luck.

FZZ

Banned
There's obviously nothing to go off of, no work, no proof. (summer league, scrimmages, etc don't really mean anything)

In my head if we successfully run a golden state esque offense, and everyone is actually committed a defense we can sneak into the 8th seed. It really all boils down to our ortg with Zo on the floor. I don't think a lot of teams are equipped to deal with how Golden State runs, you need to either out shoot them or demolish them on defense and control the pace which is easier said than done (only Spurs have been able to do it consistently).

Mainly it's all faith

But I believe we are going to, somehow. I can't predict the season.

Call me crazy idc

There's obviously nothing to go off of, no work, no proof. (summer league, scrimmages, etc don't really mean anything)

In my head if we successfully run a golden state esque offense, and everyone is actually committed a defense we can sneak into the 8th seed. It really all boils down to our ortg with Zo on the floor. I don't think a lot of teams are equipped to deal with how Golden State runs, you need to either out shoot them or demolish them on defense and control the pace which is easier said than done (only Spurs have been able to do it consistently).

Mainly it's all faith

Call me crazy idc

K

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
good for russ and okc. hope they win a title

also damn looking at the last couple pages, I thought I was delusional thinking the magic had a shot at the playoffs this year.

Gigglepoo

Will be funny if Melo and George bolt from OKC next year

Get that money though Westbrook ��

I think it's great that a player shows loyalty. It's about time a superstar stayed put instead of chasing rings in a big market. It's not like he wasn't getting a fat paycheck elsewhere.

RedAssedApe

Banned

GettyImages_853825666_2.0.jpg

https://www.theringer.com/2017/9/29/16387120/lonzo-ball-scrimmage-history-lakers-6-0

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Melo can opt in to stay next year and get 20 mil. I don't think he's going to sniff that much in free agency. I guess Houston could trade away their bench to make room...but I doubt it.

I am getting the strongest feeling Ingram isn't going to mesh well with Lonzo in the beginning

Hopefully we stick it out, but Ingram is so much more of an ISO player and scorer.

Most hardcore Lakers fans seem higher on Ingram as well, which is wild to me since Lonzo has shown better results in the small ass sample size with the team than BI ever did

I was at the Summer League game where Lonzo and Ingram played together. Ingram had 26pts prior to getting pulled by Magic for the cramp in his leg. They looked nice together to me

jdstorm

Banned

Mainly it's all faith

Call me crazy idc

Literally every good team is equipped to deal with how GSW run.

San Antonio blew them out last year in the playoffs before Zaza Swept the Leg
Houston can run and gun with them
OKC just loaded up on wing depth
Memphis has Marc Gasol shooting 3s and Parsons is seemingly healthy again
Denver have lots of mobile/skilled bigs (blanking on the C, Former Blazers C, Millsap and Faried) plus some good wing depth and an explosive scorer in Murray
Minny have Teague Shabazz Butler Wiggins KAT as their best 5 players
New Orleans have boogie, AD a healthy Holiday and have loaded up on some defensive players like Rondo and Allen.
Utah: still have all of their best defensive players and likely got better in that department with Rubio at PG. Biggest question is Can they score
Sacramento just added George Hill at PG and they are athleticly deep at every position with a bunch of players who were lottery picks or predicted lottery picks that dropped.

Clippers and Portland are safe/boring teams that will both be pretty good

Then there is Pheonix who are at a similar stage to LA but have players that are more ready to go. Their depth chart is Bledsoe Booker TJ Warren(or Josh Jackson) Chriss with Bender (high lottery pick last year) Len and Chandler rounding out the rotation.

TLDR.The Lakers will be a fun team but they will be a bad team because the West is stacked.

I wonder if there's a chance the extension will convince PG to stay.

I think PG stays in OKC unless they go off the rails this year and underachieve. He's pretty smitten right now. Melo's gone, though. He goes straight on to Houston after this season, IMO.

San Antonio blew them out last year in the playoffs before

Blew them out... For 2 1/2 quarters.

GS's not invincible, but beating them in a 7-game series is going to require things going off the rails either due to injury or some sort of fuckery. Like, say, Dramond getting ejected for a couple games, etc.

jdstorm

Banned
If Melo + George bolt then OKC will likely trade Westbrook to wherever he wants to go and then tank. No one would begrudge Russ that, just like no one held it against KG when he went to Boston.

Edit: disagree that GSW are unbeatable. They tended to struggle against teams with superior athleticism or Memphis. SAS and OKC just loaded up in that regard as did Minny and Denver.

If Melo + George bolt then OKC will likely trade Westbrook to wherever he wants to go and then tank. No one would begrudge Russ that, just like no one held it against KG when he went to Boston.

??? If Melo and George bolt, OKC is going to have a ton of cap space. They won't necessarily need to tank.

I think PG stays in OKC unless they go off the rails this year and underachieve. He's pretty smitten right now. Melo's gone, though. He goes straight on to Houston after this season, IMO.

Blew them out... For 2 1/2 quarters.

GS's not invincible, but beating them in a 7-game series is going to require things going off the rails either due to injury or some sort of fuckery. Like, say, Dramond getting ejected for a couple games, etc.
People who write that sillyness make me laugh. Spurs were blown out in game 1 vs the Rockets and blew OKC out the game in game 1 the previous year. What happened after?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

Nobody is going to have money for that contract. Especially now that teams have to use up nearly all of their cap space.

Top Bottom