• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2k18 on Switch is "identical" to PS4 (in game modes, not visuals)

Jarate

Banned
Ahh, okay. Yeah, feel free to not port your old engine if you can't make it hit 60 yet, lol. I'm still pleasantly surprised EA went ground-up and didn't just go with Ignite.

no one knows the true FPS count yet. People who report on FPS early are usually wrong, at least from what ive noticed. Wait until actual news shows up before we come to that conclusion

Im pretty sure they should be able to hit 60 frames at 720p. No one knows the resolution or the docked situation yet either

Also has the new Celtics Kyrie cover image so it's definitely a new build I think.

rhoGIWc.jpg

It looks like he has no arms there. Took me a while to notice them haha.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people are taking the title out of context? The important things are gameplay parity and features parity. There obviously going to be graphical downgrades....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That doesn’t look identical to 2K on PS4

More like on PS3

The OP needs an addendum that says "Identical is in reference to modes, not graphics."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why do people are taking the title out of context? The important things are gameplay parity and features parity. There obviously going to be graphical downgrades....

Yeah its weird....thread title would have been fine with just mentioning that it offers all modes/featured of the other versions. "Identical to PS4" will just make people go crazy again lol.

The "identical" is a poor word choice by that article author. The only things identical are the modes included.

Not a poor choice by the author, rather just a misleading choice by the OP. The title of the article itself makes it perfectly clear.

The only time the term "identical" is used is when talking about how the game is feature complete.

So really, this one is on OP.

Or people could read articles instead of just headlines.

The OP makes it needlessly ambiguous. Why would it be hard to just copy and paste the actual title of the article?

Rafus

Yeah, they are talking about modes, obviously graphics will be another story. And that screenshot doesn't look very promising...

Jarate

Banned
snakes dont have arms

Damn son

Yeah, they are talking about modes, obviously graphics will be another story. And that screenshot doesn't look very promising...

Once again, can we please not judge a games graphics by a camera phone screen shot that's zoomed in super heavily onto a 720P screen?

Im sure this game will look rough as hell. But let's not act like that's a good screenshot done using proper software

LordKano

People are now judging how close to other versions a game looks based on an extremely zoomed-in cheap shot of the Switch in handled mode.

Cornbread78

The USGamer article is terrible honestly. Like it directly quotes a tweet from Kat Bailey (who runs said site)... that shows the game is not identical in any way other than being feature complete. That is not the same thing as being identical.

It looks straight up bad compared to the other versions.

Click bait title? lol

Blue Ranger

Neo Member
I think there's an event where they will be showing off the Switch version (among other things) more later today around 3:30PM EST so hopefully we can get further confirmation and information about this then.

Ok thank you!!

I believe it's going to be live on facebook.com/NBA2K 90 MINUTES from now according to the official twitter.

LOL what kind of event is this ha ha!

Jarate

Banned
wait, amiibo support ? that is interesting

yeah, I think this was announced a while ago

gimme my Joel Embiid Amiibo)
Lowkey, I would spend legitimately a hundred dollars on a Sam Hinkie Amiibo, just sayin 2K

I'm sure very few people in this thread believed the Switch version was graphically on par with the PS4 version even with this new news

So there's no need to white knight for your "big boy"

breh, the PS4 has that pampers on. He's a big boy now

Ivan 3414

lol..there is no way this is true - the PS4 is a much more powerful system. Yeah, feature wise and game mode wise the Switch version might offer the same....but the big boy version will look better, dont kid yourself.

2K was featured in reveal Switch trailer just like Bethesda with Skyrim....so i hope they at least tried their best with the Switch version.

I'm sure very few people in this thread believed the Switch version was graphically completely on par with the PS4 version even with this new news

From that short clip, I don't think the last gen versions had cheerleaders or the gatorade graphics mixed in with timeouts so this one's closer to the PS4/XB1 versions in that regard.

Crazyorloco

https://twitter.com/iPodKingCarter/status/903317000545607680

https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/status/903302930165522432

guys playing it in the barbershop. Best videos so far of switch gameplay lol

edit:

nevermind this is the best video. nice.

Found a short off-screen video of the game running on Switch, will keep digging to see if I can find more :
https://twitter.com/Melinda_DS/status/903312293865418755
Visual experts can do their job.

By the way, the comment says : "The Switch version of NBA 2K18 is, how to say it...an absolute killer visually !".

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm sure very few people in this thread believed the Switch version was graphically completely on par with the PS4 version even with this new news

lol....i will just leave it at that.
Found a short off-screen video of the game running on Switch, will keep digging to see if I can find more :
https://twitter.com/Melinda_DS/status/903312293865418755
Visual experts can do their job.

By the way, the comment says : "The Switch version of NBA 2K18 is, how to say it...an absolute killer visually !".

Seems okay to me...but we need to see more gameplay obv.

Top Bottom