• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore or Frank Miller: Who you with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore is undoubtably more impactful, but Gaiman is the most consistent writer when it comes to quality. I Could care less about Miller. (Brubaker has been my favorite for the past couple of years.)

Platy

This guy:
jason20vandenberghe_ll6jmh.jpg

OP didn't ask who would be a better Dungeun Master.

That being said, Gaiman would probably beat Moore by very little because he usualy do open mic poetry stuff. But Moore would bring the better drugs to use during tabletop fun

Allan Moore had the biggest positive impact on comics.
Miller had the biggest negative impact on comics.

But Gaiman is my favorite.
I wouldn't call it positive considering every writer that tried to copy Moore and Miller's style ended up making some of the most edgy tryhard comics.

d00d3n

OP didn't ask who would be a better Dungeun Master.

That being said, Gaiman would probably beat Moore by very little because he usualy do open mic poetry stuff. But Moore would bring the better drugs to use during tabletop fun

Well, that's your opinion. I stand with corporate Alan Moore!

Corpsepyre

Banned
Neil and Alan are great writers. Alan's written my favourite comic of all time. However, Grant is in a very, very different league. There's really no other writer like him.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I grew up with frank miller comics so biased. Too bad he's lost his mind nowadays.

Luckily my LCS pushed sandman/death etc on me back when Vertigo/indie stuff started to gain momentum (early 90s?) Enjoy and read every novel Gaiman writes.

But I think Moore Is superior when it comes to comics. Completely agree with the previous poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom