• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 20th Anniversary Celebration

mitch1971

Gold Member
H B GAF!!

Excited Seinfeld GIF

Nearly 11 years.

yurinka

I just checked it and I joined the board 17 years ago after some time lurking. Wtf, we're getting old XDD

In any case congrats, let's dance!

KRXQJ8.gif

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is the place where you can be more of yourself.

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see our troubles are all the same. You wanna be where everybody knows your name.

calistan

Gold Member
I've been reading for about 16 of those years, but whoever was in charge of memberships at the time made me wait four months before telling me I did not meet the NeoGAF membership criteria.

So fuck that guy, and congrats on 20 years of a great forum to lurk in.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Been here 10 years since 2014.

Anti social in real life but not by choice. I like it here cause I feel like I have a bunch of friends or family here. Anytime I'm having a bad day Gaf is here to provide the laughs.

Also I want to have babies with Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme and NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Feels crazy to think I've been here for NeoGafs half life.

Thank you EviLore EviLore for creating and maintaining a wonderful community.

And thank you Gaf family for all the likes, lols, and discussion.

Here's to 20 more years.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Anti social in real life but not by choice. I like it here cause I feel like I have a bunch of friends or family here. Anytime I'm having a bad day Gaf is here to provide the laughs.

Also I want to have babies with Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme and NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Here's to 20 more years.
Thank you little brother. I also want them on the forum. 👍🏻

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Been here for the whole ride. I remember June 6th, 2004 being the date that most people started registering. I was (am?) member #50. Also remember the two years of vBulletin ga-forum.com, and the EZBoard days before that. I was gonna make a "20 year club" thread on June 6th, but this will suffice. It might require more pondering, but I think the Denis Dyack debacle circa 2008 might still be my favorite event. The interview on 1up Yours with Garret was so off the rails that it is one of the few podcasts I have ever listened to more than once. Just driving around Liberty City in GTA IV, listening to the insanity for a second time, was awesome.

lachesis

Thank you for keeping it alive. It's been some journey so far, and has been my daily visit for many things/happenings in life, not just videogames. :)

Kudos to you and staff members, and wishing many more years!

Denton

Nice, congratulations. I started coming here a lot around 2011 for the Witcher 2 vs Dragon Age 2 threads (shit mountain), that was fun. Registered decade ago in 2014. Got banned in previous era for some innocuous nonsense, came back after the exodus. Forum has been lot more chill since tbh.
Here is to another 20 and beyond

Season 4 Drinking GIF by NETFLIX

cjp

Thread made me check my account age…can’t believe it’s been a decade since I joined and it’s existed a decade prior.

Here’s to the next.

Hell yeah! So great being a part of this corner of the internet. I remember trying to get on here and being a lurker for years, having issues do to my email address at that time, and finally getting on and being banned in a week due to a tame joke. What a shit show the place was in that time period.

I remember lurking after that and watching the insane mob of people and ideologically captured mods that eventually left to form that purple site. I seen that Gaf had changed and was way more loose with communication, much more akin to pre 2010 levels, and I have been here ever since. Its great now and I am glad this community is still a thing.

Thanks Evilore for keeping it real and keeping the site up and running!

Phase

With forums disappearing everywhere this place is a haven; a great place to share ideas and read game news. Thank you to everyone who makes this site great and contributes to its content. I wish I had saved my old account from many years ago, but rejoining in 2019 turned out to be a great decision.

Happy 20th!

Mr1999

Congrats! Its crazy when you think about it as a whole and if all of this will stay around online for centuries, having an account creation date 70 years old is pretty cool. Who will EviLore EviLore pass the torch to? ;)

Last edited:

Here's to 20 more years.

oh5wRlv.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

GAF needs a designated #gamerfuel snack and drink aside from dorito's and mountain dew.

I propose chlorine free chicken wings and water that's been vigirously filtered to eliminate microplastics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom