• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, welcome to .webm - the FUTURE (of burning out your CPU)

It doesn't have to be website specific, but it would require an "all websites" permission which is kind of scary for some people. Also, it's possible it could break some websites as the WebM video might "break out" of whatever container the link was in.
Ahh... Thanks for the reply,

every time i see MK8 mentioned i think its Mortal Kombat...

expected fatalities and gore and shit and instead i am hit with rainbows >_>

demolitio

I guess this explains why my computer room suddenly got really hot while watching some of these clips.

Pretty amazing though.

Stimpack

Alright, all of this is pretty great. That's a really fantastic extension to be made so quickly.

Don't understand the CPU complaints. Not gotten higher than 33% on my laptop.

You're using the extension with autoplay enabled, right? Because I get up to 90% on my FX-6300. Individually it only gets up to around 20-30%

Stupid question, but what exactly is this? (I'm at School lurking on my iPhone, can't open anything and I'm happy it doesn't crash every 2 mins)

A new way to make your own GIF`? Or what exactly are you guys doing with this code

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
WebM for NeoGAF (Chrome) 1.3

- Added "hover-to-play" option.
- Added max-height option.
- Added Credits page in Options.

RzJhYt2.png

Crayolan

So the progress bar blocks the area where subtitles are usually placed. Yay.

1. If you have auto-play on the progress bar shouldn't show.
2. If you don't, then just take your cursor off the webm and the progress bar should vanish.
3. Right click>Show controls.

adroit

I'm confused, will this fry my computer or something?
Not if you play one video at a time. I'm rockin' a 6 year old notebook and it has no problems with one video at a time. I'm loving the wild variety of videos people are posting. Thanks, everyone!

Majine

Banned
Not if you play one video at a time. I'm rockin' a 6 year old notebook and it has no problems with one video at a time. I'm loving the wild variety of videos people are posting. Thanks, everyone!

cool, I should be fine with the same settings then.

The best part is that WebM can't be mispronounced. I'm looking at you, jiffers.

Falk

that puzzling face
Only installed Chrome plugin, so I didn't even open the resultant file on my computer.

OH WELL BLIND TEST GOOOO

http://a.pomf.se/djepmb.webm

edit: Just remembered I frapsed this one at 30fps because Youtube. MORE TESTS INCOMING.

DocSeuss

Alright, all of this is pretty great. That's a really fantastic extension to be made so quickly.

You're using the extension with autoplay enabled, right? Because I get up to 90% on my FX-6300. Individually it only gets up to around 20-30%

Yup, autoplay enabled, whole pages, no problem.

ah_hia

I hope this format is widely accepted, the leap is astonishing. Can't wait for upgraded versions of the old GIFs and awesome new ones.

Top Bottom