• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, welcome to .webm - the FUTURE (of burning out your CPU)

dronde

Neo Member
Those of you with android devices, try downloading MX Player and the MX Player codec(most likely armv7 Neon). Plays the webm links smoothly. Not sure about playing them over 3G/4G, though.

*edit* Actually, not sure if the codec is necessary.
No need for all that. Use Chrome beta browser

Servbot24

Banned
Hopefully there will be ab extension soon that lets me simply click the image to play rather than right-clicking.

These are all beautiful btw :')

WIF is a silly acronym portmanteau - it doesn't make sense to over complicate acronyms by mixing them with other things. Just call it WebM as the original developers intended. Web-M and Web-P.

The Hermit

3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

That's way more next gen than PS4/XB1

Playing them in Chrome Beta on my Nexus 4 doesn't work that well. It's starts/stops as if it's buffering. Playing them in a video player is much smoother.

How do you guys make webm files? I used the Firefrogg thing and it seems to make it stutter at the end while I noticed that some of the things that people have posted don't stutter.

Does this stutter at the end for anyone else?
Nope, not seeing a stutter here.

Having a single page in this thread open with all of them looping uses 50% of my CPU.

Does anybody know how easily one could implement this extension elsewhere?

wmlk

This would be great perhaps two years for now...

I would love to see NeoGAF pioneer this along with 4chan, though.

DaBoss

Just don't have them auto-play. People will eventually start using lower resolutions since the higher resolutions are a bit pointless for many of these WebM files.
Nope, not seeing a stutter here.
Yeah it stutters at the last second. The rest is smooth, though.
Alright, thanks.

Someone please share with me on how they make the WebM files without the stutter at the end. And if they use Firefogg, tell me what settings make the stutter not appear.

Bagu

Not to rain on the parade of the revolution, but the greasemonkey script doesn't seem to mesh with the Love Thread extension. Breaks embedding upon refresh, at least on Firefox.

entremet

Why are some of you worried about CPU processes are you rendering video in real time as you browse the internet?

Top Bottom