• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

I actually think Fallout 4 will be a 2015 release. Bethesda wouldn't be doing their own show at e3 if they didn't have a bombshell to drop - Fallout is a 2015 game Neogaf get hyped!

For example?
Well, before listing any games, it's important to note that even with the fervor high for Uncharted during this year so far, the delay does hurt it a bit in terms of anticipation. It would happen with any game really, see for example The Witcher 3 from last year's list to this year's, or how excited people were for Watch Dogs but that slowly diminishing as the release date kept getting pushed farther. The excitement will still be there for U4 next Spring no doubt, but given all of that, I feel like these will overshadow it for many folks here:

-FFXV
-New Mass Effect
-Fallout 4 (even though I feel like this is coming later this year, but just in case)
-Possible Red Dead Redemption 2

Whether or not you agree with that, it should be kept in mind that by the time this December rolls around, which is when the most anticipated poll gets put out, we'll gave seen and heard about Uncharted for a long while. We'll all want it, but when we start seeing those new 2016 games, I think they'll register higher up on people's lists.

UberTag

Who developed Pikmin 3, 3D World and Mario Kart 8? I'm confused haha.
I'm mainly calling out that the Wiki is out of date. Subgroups of EA&D developed/co-developed each of those games. Kyoto Group 4 worked on Pikmin 3. Kyoto Group 3 is working on Zelda Wii U. Kyoto Group 2 is working on Splatoon. Kyoto Group 1 worked on Mario Kart 8. Tokyo Group 2 worked on Mario 3D World.

FluxWaveZ

Splatoon and Rime have now made it to the top 10. I will say, though, that Persona 5 (NA), No Man's Sky and Rime are looking mighty nebulous in terms of a release this year.

Yup, only Persona left now. I will not believe for a second it releases in 2015 for EU.

It hasn't even been confirmed for a Europe release at all. The only delay right now would be if it's announced for a release after 2015 in Japan or North America.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 5 is sooo not coming out this year... anywhere. I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

You are absolutely wrong if "anywhere" includes Japan. Are you aware that a special Persona 5 Blu-ray is being released in three months?

20150205_054237_thumb.png

Wanna bet?

Has this list been updated with the news of Zelda's delay? Surprising that this year is quickly becoming the year of delays...all that means is that 2016 is going to be super, super competitive when it comes to choosing GOTY...going to be an interesting year, that 2016.

Has this list been updated with the news of Zelda's delay? Surprising that this year is quickly becoming the year of delays...all that means is that 2016 is going to be super, super competitive when it comes to choosing GOTY...going to be an interesting year, that 2016.

The same thing happened last year.

-BF hardline
-The Order
-Witcher 3
-Arkham Knight
-Evolve

Those were all delayed to 2015 and thats just off the top of my head.

Updated list

1.Metal Gear Solid V (PS4/XBO/PC) Konami, 60 FPS
2.Bloodbourne (PS4) Sony, 30 FPS
3.Witcher 3 (PS4/XBO/PC) Warner Bro's, 30 FPS
4.Persona 5 (PS4/PS3) Sega, 30 FPS
5.Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) Nintendo, 30 FPS
6.No Mans Sky (PS4/PC) Inidie, 60 FPS
7.Arkham Knight (PS4/XBO/PC) Warner Bro's, 30 FPS
8.The Order 1886 (PS4) Sony, 30 FPS
9.Splatoon (Wii U) Nintendo, 60 FPS
10. Rime (PS4) Sony, 30 FPS

Notes

3 Sony games, 2 Warner Bro's games, 2 Nintendo games, 1 Konami game, 1 Sega game, 1 indie game.

Eight 30 FPS games, Two 60 FPS games.

8 PS4 games, 3 XBO games, 4 PC games

nib95

Banned
Updated list

Notes

3 Sony games, 2 Warner Bro's games, 2 Nintendo games, 1 Konami game, 1 Sega game, 1 indie game.

Eight 30 FPS games, Two 60 FPS games.

8 PS4 games, 3 XBO games, 4 PC games

Still a solid list. Pretty much mirrors/mirrored my own, minus Splatoon.

Floridian

Updated list

Not sure about No Man's Sky making 2015.

random25

Looking at last year's list, 4 of the top 10 didn't make it to 2014 (Persona 5, Xenoblade X, The Witcher 3, The Order: 1886). This year, we now have 1 game guaranteed to not make it this year (Uncharted 4) and we have 3 more games with no firm release dates (Zelda Wii U, Persona 5 again lol, No Man's Sky). So we still have the potential to repeat last year's list lol.

2 out of 4 getting bumped for next year lol. Will the other two follow suit?

UberTag

Nice call, too bad he is banned and can't gloat
KuGsj.gif
I could always gloat now. But I won't.

really surprised to not see halo 5 there.

EDIT: in the top 10.
It's in the (redacted) Top 10 now. Yay for delays to 2016.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (delayed 'til Spring 2016)
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (September 1st) {voted 10th most anticipated of 2014}
The Legend of Zelda Wii U (delayed 'til after 2015)
2. Bloodborne (Metacritic = 92)
3. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (next Tuesday) (Metacritic = 92) {voted most anticipated of 2014}
4. Persona 5 (2015) {voted 8th most anticipated of 2014}
5. Xenoblade Chronicles X (now available in Japan; localization due in 2015) {voted 6th most anticipated of 2014}
6. No Man's Sky (2015)
7. Batman: Arkham Knight (June 23rd)
8. The Order: 1886 (Metacritic = 63) {voted 7th most anticipated of 2014}
9. Splatoon (May 29th)
Rime (left off Sony's recent list of planned 2015 releases)
10. Halo 5: Guardians (October 27th) {voted 18th most anticipated of 2014}

Still have my doubts that No Man's Sky makes it out this year. Star Wars Battlefront will crack the Top 10 if it winds up getting delayed.

FluxWaveZ

No Man's Sky and Halo 5 were my guesses for a delay into 2016. The latter's looking to make it, but I think the former is definitely going to get delayed.

Updated listing from UberTag's post for anyone interested.

U̶n̶c̶h̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶4̶:̶ ̶A̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶e̶f̶'̶s̶ ̶E̶n̶d̶ (delayed 'til March 18th, 2016)
01) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (95 Metacritic)
T̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶Z̶e̶l̶d̶a̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶U̶ (delayed 'til post-2015)
02) Bloodborne (92 Metacritic)
03) The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (92 Metacritic)
P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶ ̶5̶ (delayed 'til Summer 2016)
04) Xenoblade Chronicles X [targeting December 4th, 2015]
05) No Man's Sky [targeting TBA 2015]
06) Batman: Arkham Knight (81 Metacritic)
07) The Order: 1886 (63 Metacritic)
08) Splatoon (81 Metacritic)
R̶i̶m̶e̶ (delayed 'til TBA 2016)
09) Halo 5: Guardians [targeting October 27th, 2015]
10) Star Wars Battlefront [targeting November 17th, 2015]

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
New IP with intriguing visuals. Even though it didn't turn out well, it's good that people are more exciting about new IPs than another installment of Halo.

Not really. The game never looked promising on any front that wasn't graphically. All gameplay videos looked bad, commentary from the designers was damning etc.

I'll never understand why so many people where excited for The Order
Well, it was Ready at Dawn's first attempt at an original property. They received generally positive praise for their work on the portable God of War titles, Daxtar, and the Wii port of Okami. I believe their repertoire combined with its PS4 exclusivity and graphical showcase that caused some excitement.

At this point I don't think No Man's Sky is coming out in 2015 either.
Agreed. I recall the studio stating they'd announce the release date sometime shortly after E3, but they had to backpedal on that statement for undisclosed reasons.

flozuki

New IP with intriguing visuals. Even though it didn't turn out well, it's good that people are more exciting about new IPs than another installment of Halo.

I really enjoyed it. The world around Galahad is awesome and I hope we will at least get one more entry into that universe.

Hey to each their own but I prefer quality games. H5 looks like the best in the series history but like I said thems the breaks.

UberTag

Updated listing from UberTag's post for anyone interested.

U̶n̶c̶h̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶4̶:̶ ̶A̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶e̶f̶'̶s̶ ̶E̶n̶d̶ (delayed 'til March 18th, 2016)
01) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (95 Metacritic)
T̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶Z̶e̶l̶d̶a̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶U̶ (delayed 'til post-2015)
02) Bloodborne (92 Metacritic)
03) The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (92 Metacritic)
P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶ ̶5̶ (delayed 'til Summer 2016)
04) Xenoblade Chronicles X [targeting December 4th, 2015]
05) No Man's Sky [targeting TBA 2015]
06) Batman: Arkham Knight (81 Metacritic)
07) The Order: 1886 (63 Metacritic)
08) Splatoon (81 Metacritic)
R̶i̶m̶e̶ (delayed 'til TBA 2016)
09) Halo 5: Guardians [targeting October 27th, 2015]
10) Star Wars Battlefront [targeting November 17th, 2015]
Wow... once we knock out No Man's Sky (it'll happen - October 3rd will hold all of the answers), Final Fantasy Type-0 is going to make it into the Top 10. And The Order: 1886 will actually be #6 on the "most anticipated in 2015 that actually made it out in 2015" list. That's just wacky.

We need to do a better job next year... even discounting the fact that Uncharted 4, Zelda and Persona 5 are auto-locks for the 2016 list. Heck, this will be List #3 for the oft-delayed Persona.

The rest of the runners-up is now a pretty depleted list as well, I'd say.

16. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D
17. STAR FOX (WII U)
18. QUANTUM BREAK
19. YAKUZA 5 (like No Man's Sky; still no firm 2015 release date established)
20. PILLARS OF ETERNITY

AniHawk

You were one of the most adamant about it, too, so grats on that. I think you even said June or July 2016, so that's on par with Summer 2016.

i'm sticking with june, just because of persona q and dancing all night. that's not a great reason to do it, but maybe they're planning to have it out before the end of the first quarter of their next fiscal year.

Top Bottom