• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Best Buy is still "preparing" my order, and Zelda MM and MH4U were both shipped UPS Ground. What is it with the arbitrariness of shipping speeds for GCU members who aren't elite? Why do some get Next Day Air and others Ground? Is it just the way they roll?

I'm an Elite member and neither my copy of MH4 or my N3DS system has shipped yet. Consider yourself very lucky. I'm probably done with Best Buy after this.

benjammin

Wait..these are actually going to be difficult to find? wtf NOA, how can you possibly be so horrible at stocking products. I was expecting to be able to walk into any store on the way home tomorrow to pick one up. Oh well, I'll check the two targets and the gamestop on my way home, and i guess I'll order online if I can't find On. Already bought Mario Golf, a micro sd that had to be formatted to be used, and a charger because Nintendo decided to release a handheld with a rechargeable battery and no means of charging it. Some of these decisions are just mind boggling. Hopefully leaving work at noon will give me a shot of finding one.

Spikeboy

Neo Member
I wish the US would've gotten the blue one, too (and vice versa for Europe, of course) because I always liked the blue DSi I had... But, oh well. At least the red one looks better than the black one.

KevinG

I haven't really seen answers on this, but will we see performance improvements for older games on the n3DS. For example, the severe slowdown in 3D mode for Pokemon X and Y?

The worst part about this whole thing is that Nintendo does this shit on purpose. They've always believed in artificial scarcity as a way to drive sales. It blows, but that's how they do business.

Spikeboy

Neo Member
I haven't really seen answers on this, but will we see performance improvements for older games on the n3DS. For example, the severe slowdown in 3D mode for Pokemon X and Y?

I think the game would have to update to take advantage of the new CPU, unfortunately.
Retro City Rampage recently did that.

The worst part about this whole thing is that Nintendo does this shit on purpose. They've always believed in artificial scarcity as a way to drive sales. It blows, but that's how they do business.

I actually don't think they do it on purpose. I just think NoA is an incredibly poorly run business. This stuff almost never happens with Nintendo products in Europe or Japan.

So... has anyone's N3DSXL from Best Buy shipped yet? Mine has been stuck on 'preparing order' for the past two days.

Same here. I wouldn't expect it until Monday at the earliest. Best Buy and Nintendo screwed a lot of us over, big time. Capcom too, since my MH4 hasn't shipped either.

Geez, so now its the C stick that can cause marks? I haven't seen an actual unit yet but is that c stick soft enough to just cause smudges and not actual scratches?

I made a mistake, it's definitely the outside of the lower screen who put some smudges the top screen. The c stick could still touch the outside of the top screen.
Its an issue who can't be resolved IMO. The plastic of the console is too flexible and contact between soft screen and hard plastic will always happen no matter what.

Chucker

Called 4 Gamestops of varying distance, none of them were getting more 3DSXL's than pre-orders. NOA What are you doing bro?

Kadin

Called 4 Gamestops of varying distance, none of them were getting more 3DSXL's than pre-orders. NOA What are you doing bro?
This is pretty common with Gamestop. They're notorious for only getting in preorder quantities with highly popular items. Although I'm sure Nintendo could be partially to blame in this specific instance because... NoA.

Reggie-3.jpg

Soul Beat

We got some New 3DS units at work today so if all else fails for you guys and if you've got a Hastings store near you they should have some stock for tomorrow. Not a lot, but some.

I can post this, right?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
both my Zelda and MH4 New 3DS shipped from gamestop. Was hoping they would get here before work tomorrow but I doubt it.

Chucker

This is pretty common with Gamestop. They're notorious for only getting in preorder quantities with highly popular items. Although I'm sure Nintendo could be partially to blame in this specific instance because... NoA.

Yeah, I'm thinking more NoA since they seem to be spectacular at stock and customer service lately. Maybe I'll try a walmart around midnight.

aparisi2274

So GS shipped my MM XL, and graciously upgraded my shipping to overnight, because I am not getting it tomorrow instead of Monday!!

Now, I just need confirmation that my MM LE game has shipped...

Labrys

How much should I put into this?

All the stores around me say none of any of these

The store I went to today that said they'd have them tomorrow morning also says 0.

God, I'm just worried I won't be able to get one. I'm getting there around 7 and i'm going to park super close to the entrance and kinda dash in and get to the back ASAP. I really hope there's not any scalpers (ugh that reminds me my mom wants me to scalp mine if I get it because she wants the money, smh)

Rocky

Banned
I'm planning to check Nintendo World tomorrow morning before work. Hopefully they'll have some black ones left, hehe. And I'll have my current XL with me, so I can do the transfer while I work.

guess these are going to be ebay exclusives too.

At least the scalpers can make $20-$50 on the black and red N3DSXL units too, i'm sure they were disappointed after having some of their Majora's Mask editions cancelled.

Oregano

Just finished playing the demo level of Ironfall. The game is pretty big standard cover shooter, pretty but nothing special. Aiming with nub will take some getting used to but it felt more comfortable as I went through the level and adapted.

Caved and ordered a Majora's Mask 3DS from Gamestop Ireland. They'd been sold out for ages but I guess they became available again since it.s the launch day. They're still in stock here if it helps anyone: Link

NoA's basically treating this as a soft launch, just on a nationwide scale (I'm aware that doesn't really make much sense). They almost seem like they don't really want to release it. Good luck.

Retail buyers in the US are probably soft on buying more 3DS stock after having too much left over after the holidays.

I bet this is as much the fault of Target ,wal mart, best buy, etc as it is of nintendo.

Someone said that Toys R US might have a larger amount of stock than some of the other places.

Namikaze

The red n3DS looks great, I can't wait to pick mine up tomorrow. Already have my OG console, microSD card etc. ready to transfer and trade in.

inner-G

Banned
I have one preordered at GS.

Do you think they'll be able to cover preorders at least? I'd really rather not go at midnight if I don't have to but I have a job so I can't just go there first thing tomorrow...

740b112d8e.png

WHAT?!?!?

To be fair—I'm in the United States, so I wasn't exactly expecting it on launch day. But the 28th?!? That's more than two weeks late!

I paid extra for faster shipping. They said it was going to take 5-10 days.

Bye bye NZ/Aus English exclusivity time period! They gave us next-to-no reason to really own one that early but oh well even if it was relatively pointless it was still fun to have something 'first' for once. :p

Picking up my new gold Zelda one tomorrow and probably giving my old one to my Dad or selling it.... should still make some $$$ on it, only a few months old :| lol.

Top Bottom