• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Okay, I'm about to do the transfer, from regular 3ds to monster hunter bundle

questions:

1. I'm gonna put my data from sd card to micro sd with converter, then put that back in the original 3ds, do I need to do anything specific to get it to register with the 3ds, or does it just read it automatically

2. Once that is done, I'm going to start the transfer: do I need to first remove the microSD that comes with the Monster Hunter bundle version? Or can I leave it in there while I do the transfer (as long as I say there's no card there)

MicH

Yeah I just found out hmm.

I'm in Denmark so I guess I'll give Bergsala a call tomorrow. They're the distributor of the system here.
As someone who's in Denmark as well I do wonder if they can help in a situation like this. Please report back :D

Okay, I'm about to do the transfer, from regular 3ds to monster hunter bundle

questions:

1. I'm gonna put my data from sd card to micro sd with converter, then put that back in the original 3ds, do I need to do anything specific to get it to register with the 3ds, or does it just read it automatically

2. Once that is done, I'm going to start the transfer: do I need to first remove the microSD that comes with the Monster Hunter bundle version? Or can I leave it in there while I do the transfer (as long as I say there's no card there)
1. As long as you copy everything you should be fine
2. Leave the SD card in the new3DSXL and swap it with the microSD from your old 3DS after the transfer

Namikaze

Anyone import a dock?

I got one and it's so easy to just drop the system in it vs. trying to find the charging cord (it's very easy to lineup). I also like how the 3ds cable plugs in the very bottom + the stand has grooves in it so you can easily hide the cable in the back. The only problem I have with it is it's too lightweight, it can shift on a desk with a slight touch. I'll probably get some glue dots and see if that fixes the problem.

I picked up my system on Friday but haven't had that much time to try it out yet. Last night, though, I noticed something about my system and I'm not sure if I should be worried about it.

When opening up the system, up until the hinge reaches the first click, the left end of the hinge has started squeaking a bit. I never got an XL so I'm not sure if this is common or not. Does anyone have experience with this issue or know if it has any chance of damaging the hinge?

jblank83

I really want a blue N3DS XL in NA.

Like, I don't want red/black so much I'm willing to not buy an N3DS XL until that happens (or until the N3DS is released).

Juraash

Got to spend some serious time with my monster hunter edition of the N3DS yesterday and I'm pretty stoked overall. First off, this version looks really great the finish is nice and glossy in person but the color makes the fingerprints less noticeable than the black one at least.

The new 3d is pretty awesome. While not perfect 100% of the time, it does a great job tracking my head usually.

The c-stick is different feeling than I thought, but for the games I've tried it on (MH4U and Majora) it has worked perfectly. Just takes a little getting used to.

Also the build quality seems superb. The hinge doesn't make that click as it locks into place and it seems less floppy. Also while I've had the top half move back and forth a bit on other models I've owned, this one is like a rock. This is probably the nicest unit I've owned from the 3DS family.

My only gripe thus far is that removing that back plate is horrifying. Luckily now that the new memory card is in, I shouldn't have to do that again anytime soon.

Pachimari

Just started up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and I'm very impressed with the 3D. The intro were amazing, and if I just keep the N3DS at a distance it really has improved from the OG. I created my character and companion, and set out for my adventure. I haven't tried anything else than move my character around and using the c-stick for the camera, and I have to say I am extremely pleased.

But, does it also "feel" like the 3DS is scratching the game card when inserting it into the slot with you guys? I know it's supposed to click into place but before that it's like it doesn't go in smoothly as on the OG 3DS.

Pachimari

Which faceplate did you guys go with? I haven't decided on one yet but I'm thinkin no. 05 or 12.

And right now I'm pondering if I should get a craddle+faceplate or a game. Right now I have Steel Diver, Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, so I should be set for some weeks.

As someone who's in Denmark as well I do wonder if they can help in a situation like this. Please report back :D
I will post in this thread when I have called them in the morning. :)

melman101

Anyone figure out how to use the microsd management wireless transfer with OSX yet? I tried smb, I tried cifs, neither worked.

I tried forcing to smb1 no good. Lastly, it connects but just doesn't take username and password. I feel like it's close.

1. As long as you copy everything you should be fine
2. Leave the SD card in the new3DSXL and swap it with the microSD from your old 3DS after the transfer

Thanks,

I'm doing the transfer, and on my Monster Hunter system, it is asking me if I want to delete the data on the microSD card. Do I want to do this?

Pachimari

It's Japan only at the moment, so you'll need to import it.

Ugh, Play-Asia is out of stock.
Oh well, I guess what is more important to me at the moment, is getting a bigger SDHC memory card, and some screen protectors which I can't seem to find for the regular sized N3DS either.

MicH

Thanks,

I'm doing the transfer, and on my Monster Hunter system, it is asking me if I want to delete the data on the microSD card. Do I want to do this?
There's nothing on that card besides the pre-installed MH4U, right? So you can say yes to that. All your data is on the other SD card in your old 3DS at this moment

stuminus3

I sure wish I'd been paying attention to the fact that the N3DS uses Micro SD and the 64GB SD in my old 3DS is now useless. :/

I really do use all that storage, too. I have a lot of games. Guess I'll be doing some old fashioned fridge cleaning for a while.

Exile20

Oh my god, I'm so fucking pissed that I can't get the super-stable 3D to work. It's constantly flickering. It's terrible, way worse than just having to hold my head still with normal 3D. When I go to try to calibrate it, all it says is, "Super-Stable 3D is not functioning properly". Like, fucking thanks, I figured that out. I've tried different lighting environments and I've tried without my glasses and nothing works. This is a major reason I bought the fucking system and it doesn't even fucking work.

With glasses on the environment have to be perfect, when glasses off it works great.

samn

I sure wish I'd been paying attention to the fact that the N3DS uses Micro SD and the 64GB SD in my old 3DS is now useless. :/

I really do use all that storage, too. I have a lot of games. Guess I'll be doing some old fashioned fridge cleaning for a while.

I try and buy microSDs with adapters instead of SD cards, just for versatility.

BUY IT ON AMAZON.CO.UK! Really!

Its the same thing. Its much cheaper. It will get to you quicker. You can log in to Amazon.co.UK and checkout with your Amazon.com account.

I am going to purchase the charging cradle now from amazon UK(Im in the US) in case I receive it and its defective, can I just send it back(And not pay for shipping) just like I would do if I had gotten this cradle in the US from amazon?

It's annoying to many people because it happens even when you're NOT touching it. That's why I was complaining it as well earlier in the thread. The screen would shift to the left or right even if I'd just shift my weight or tilt the system slightly. Also when you're adjusting the volume or 3D slider, it will snap to the left or right.

Mine doesn't do that, I really need to apply some unusual force to move the top sideway and It will never move anymore because I will never try to do it again.
(n3DSXL model)

Jobbs

Banned
anyone else notice some slop/play in the rear cover after putting it back on? I can't seem to get it perfect. is it impossible to get perfect?

incidentally, what a stupid idea this back cover thing is. it's so unnecessary and just feels cheap.

gogogow

Just started up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and I'm very impressed with the 3D. The intro were amazing, and if I just keep the N3DS at a distance it really has improved from the OG. I created my character and companion, and set out for my adventure. I haven't tried anything else than move my character around and using the c-stick for the camera, and I have to say I am extremely pleased.

But, does it also "feel" like the 3DS is scratching the game card when inserting it into the slot with you guys? I know it's supposed to click into place but before that it's like it doesn't go in smoothly as on the OG 3DS.

Yeah, I have that too. It feels and sounds really weird, but I guess that's normal. It's like the cartridge is scratching against paper. I thought I had to remove some kind of protective sheet or something.

Pachimari

Yeah, I have that too. It feels and sounds really weird, but I guess that's normal. It's like the cartridge is scratching against paper. I thought I had to remove some kind of protective sheet or something.
It feels like sandpaper or something. Really weird.

So I caved and bought one, thought the xl might help with hand cramps, not so much. Anyone know of any grips/handles that'll fit on this bad boy? Any japanese ones out there already?

Juraash

is there a MH4 N3DSXL for NA?

There is/was. It was GameStop exclusive I believe and while it didn't sell out as quickly as Majora it did sell out pretty quick. It's the same style of the Japanese one (the silver color with blue logo) but it had the game preloaded instead of getting a physical one.

My friend has 2 New Nintendo 3DS XL systems. He wants to transfer his NNID and eShop balance from the source system to the target system.

The source system has a 32gb MicroSD and the target system has the default 4gb MicroSD.

The questions are:

1. Will wireless transfer or transfer using PC take care of this?

2. Once the System Transfer is done, he wants to replace the 4gb MicroSD with his 32gb MicroSD. Will this be okay or will it affect anything?

bigkurz

Banned
Seriously, how was it horrifying? It's two screws, then lifts right out.
I think if people don't unscrew then enough it makes a loud cracking sounding noise when you lift up the panel. I think it's the screws pulling out of their hole.

But I'm with you. I unscrewed and popped the thing right off

Vena

My friend has 2 New Nintendo 3DS XL systems. He wants to transfer his NNID and eShop balance from the source system to the target system.

The source system has a 32gb MicroSD and the target system has the default 4gb MicroSD.

The questions are:

2. Once the System Transfer is done, he wants to replace the 4gb MicroSD with his 32gb MicroSD. Will this be okay or will it affect anything?

If he already has a mSD card, then he only needs to transfer the licenses to the new machine then move the card. Nothing will be affected, moved, or changed except that the old system will no longer have the licenses/NNID.

bigkurz

Banned

The questions are:

He doesn't need to do a pc transfer at all. He can start the transfer, send the licenses, and then just put the micro sd card in the new system. It's easy. Took me 20 minutes total with 15gb of games (since the games don't get moved anywhere).

It's pretty straightforward but he can checkout the nintendo site for handholding instructions.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI0MDM3MzQyL3NpZC9vbEVVbTVmbQ==

Well I caved. I figured the downgrade in image quality wouldn't be a big deal for a 3DS.
Unfortunately, I forgot there are two colors available and I picked up the last one my local store was selling. So I now have a red handheld in a sea of blacks. Blah.

Here's hoping I do this system transfer smoothly and don't somehow screw it up like that guy in the other thread

Top Bottom