• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Rocky

Banned
Can someone explain the reasoning behind the 7 day wait between transfers?

I have an OG 3DS I have been using as a secondary 3DS to my XL system for Pokemon and stuff. After I had transferred the stuff on my XL to my N3DS XL, I wanted to transfer stuff I had on the OG 3DS to my old XL system and use that as my secondary system.

But it still has the 7 day wait. I had always thought the 7 days only applied to transferring my stuff to other systems and not to both of the systems involved in the latest transfer.

My original XL is now at factory default settings, what possible reason could Nintendo have for not allowing stuff from another system TO that factory default system for 7 days?

Ok thanks, I guess creating a new NNID for the other console is the only other option.
Depends on where this free DLC is. If it is purchased within MH4 you won't have to make an NNID as while an NNID is required for many free things (demos, f2p) that rule only applies within the eShop and you're within MH4 when doing that.

If it is a spotpass download (most free DLC is done is like this as it is just unlocking stuff on the cartridge) just activate spotpass on both systems and provided they're online it will be handled automatically.

cmurph

Banned
SBrzh79.jpg

O4Hvg15.jpg

Old and New. Pretty Stoked.

I also have the MM LE coming from amazon.ca but I'm thinking of reselling it on ebay to cover the cost of my new black n3ds.

Tablo

So is it just going to be impossible to buy a MM LE 3DS at this point...
Debating how long I should wait to upgrade from my 2DS

alright, looking to pick one of these up tomorrow with MonHun 4 and either Bravely Default, Theatrhythm Curtain Call or Pokémon ORAS

Main choice is whether to get the regular N3DS or the N3DSXL.

I'm not really too interested in faceplates, just mainly interested in knowing if the XL is that much better to warrant the extra €40 (€200 vs €240)

if it is I'll just get the MH4 special edition XL that comes with the game.

Anyone with any experience in this regard? Had an old XL ages ago and thought it was a lot better than the old regular version in terms of look, comfort and screen size. But with the form change and the slightly bigger screen on the regular version I'm wondering if I should just save myself €40 and go for that?

Namikaze

Anyone else going to go back through their entire collection because of the awesome new 3D? I'm actually looking forward to booting up the likes of Pilotwings Resort and Ridge Racer again.

Yep, Kid Icarus looks amazing and I can't believe I finished it on the small OG 3DS screen (I'll be replaying it soon). It's also breathed new life into games I thought I'd lost interest in. SMT4 is much more enjoyable on a bigger screen, it almost feels like a new game. I finally will get around to finishing it, lol. The new 3D is so immersive.

Does anyone have any feedback on the charging case and pictures? I am interested in getting one. I hate the glossy finish and afraid mine will end up getting scratched :(

DMczaf

Is this normal? The connector instead the charging port is tilted up. My charger fits and the system charges when I plug my adapter in, but it just looks so off.

Lgndryhr

Saw a few accessories for the new 3DS XL today. The boxes also listed the new 3DS. Is this confirmation it is coming to the US?

Hey guys....I...uh, ran into a weird issue.
I have a copy of MGS 3D, It's been in its case since I last played through it.
I wanted to check out how it plays with the C-stick...but it didn't work.
I still have my old 3DS XL, I popped it in and boom, still worked.
I tried on my new 3DS XL again but I pushed it down for a couple of seconds and the system was able to read it. I stopped pushing down and it stopped reading it.
KH 3D, MH4U, and LoZ:LBW all work on my New 3DS XL. Not sure what to do

From how far of a distance are you supposed to be able to see the 3D without any ghosting/double imaging?
Sitting down with hands resting on the table (about 45cm) I see some double imaging and it's kind of bumming me out.

Nirran

No joke but I'm about to sell the new 3ds off for the position of the power button. I've managed to close a game 5 times in the middle of a hard boss fight because some genius decided the front power button should be placed on the front AND close the gamee you're in. Stupid engineering at work Nintendo.

Veal

So uh, can we have Virtual Boy on the 3DS VC now? We finally have something that could do the system justice in emulation.

Brannon

Monster Hunter is so much better on the new system it's insane. Comfortable to hold, like a regular 3DS with circle pad, but thinner.

On the flipside, a New 3DSXL with TV-out for the top screen. Brb, using imagination since no chance of that ever happening :(

Raven77

So is the c-stick only 4 way movement or is it only 4-way movement in Monster Hunter? I noticed the other day, much to my dismay, that you can only move the camer up down left and right, not diagonal in any way. This could make First Person games a nightmare on this console if the stick only supports 4-way movement.

CLEEK

So is the c-stick only 4 way movement or is it only 4-way movement in Monster Hunter? I noticed the other day, much to my dismay, that you can only move the camer up down left and right, not diagonal in any way. This could make First Person games a nightmare on this console if the stick only supports 4-way movement.

I've had no issues with aiming in the Codename STEAM demo or RE Revelations. Saying that, had my first session with MH4U today on my commute and didn't notice the aiming was 4-way only.

Santiako

It's the game, not the stick.

Veal

That's just monster hunter.

Yep, Kid Icarus looks amazing and I can't believe I finished it on the small OG 3DS screen (I'll be replaying it soon). It's also breathed new life into games I thought I'd lost interest in. SMT4 is much more enjoyable on a bigger screen, it almost feels like a new game. I finally will get around to finishing it, lol. The new 3D is so immersive.

Same here, it really is like having whole new games to me. Kid Icarus is my favorite game on the system and starting to replay it has been great with the stable 3d :)

I know I've read that it's jittery and breaking for some people but mine seems to work perfectly, never losing me.

rpmurphy

No joke but I'm about to sell the new 3ds off for the position of the power button. I've managed to close a game 5 times in the middle of a hard boss fight because some genius decided the front power button should be placed on the front AND close the gamee you're in. Stupid engineering at work Nintendo.
I have no issue with the New 3DS, but yeah, with the XL I'm having the same issue. My normal grip has my pinkie finger very close to the power button. >__>

baconcow

So GAF, going to remove the back plate of the New 3DS XL. Watched a video, looked simple. Unscrewed as much as I could. Went to "pry" off with the stylus, nothing is moving. What am I missing. Nintendo's guide says "gently pry".

Edit: Got one side up, now, but the other side almost looked like it is chipping from the stylus. WTF, Nintendo. Yep, second side came off with much effort. Definitely slightly chipped it due to this effort. Gently pry my ass.

DTU

Banned
So GAF, going to remove the back plate of the New 3DS XL. Watched a video, looked simple. Unscrewed as much as I could. Went to "pry" off with the stylus, nothing is moving. What am I missing. Nintendo's guide says "gently pry".

Edit: Got one side up, now, but the other side almost looked like it is chipping from the stylus. WTF, Nintendo.

Use a small, flathead screwdriver. Push up the two indentations on the sides. There are no "latches" or anything. Seriously, it ain't hard.

baconcow

Use a small, flathead screwdriver. Push up the two indentations on the sides. There are no "latches" or anything. Seriously, it ain't hard.

I was following Nintendo's directions. I got it before I saw your response. And, it was definitely difficult, with the stylus. Also, metal would have damaged the plastic far worse.

kaskade

I ordered a refurb charging cable from Nintendo and a new 3ds from Groupon with the 10% off. I really hope they get that charging cable to me quick otherwise I'm going to be bummed.

I was following Nintendo's directions. I got it before I saw your response. And, it was definitely difficult, with the stylus. Also, metal would have damaged the plastic far worse.

I had someone at Target open up the back for me..one side was easy, she was able to open it with the stylus, but your absolutely right, the other side took her 10 minutes to pry open it just wouldn't budge, then another employee came over and just pulled it off, got scared for a minute but everything was fine

gogogow

Edit: Got one side up, now, but the other side almost looked like it is chipping from the stylus. WTF, Nintendo. Yep, second side came off with much effort. Definitely slightly chipped it due to this effort. Gently pry my ass.

Eh....you don't need to use any tools at all to remove the backplate once you have unscrewed it. Just use your nails to gently pull the flaps, where the indentation is, and then lift it up a little. Then do the other side.

Top Bottom