• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Revealed- Salandit

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I like it. I imagine it'll get some use in competitive play, even if only to be Skill Swapped in Double Matches, haha.

Strimei

Poison/fire has been one of the type combos I've been wanting for a long time.

At this point, I just need a fire/grass one (preferably a tiki mask thing, though it seems the legendaries are going that route) and I'm set.

gila_04.jpg

Given its aggressive poison and its look, wonder if this will evolve into a Gila Monster.

JackHerer

I'm a big fan of this design. One of the best of the new pokemon they've revealed so far. Now lets hope it doesn't turn into something dumb like Sandile>> Crookodile....

Like the Art more than the in-game shot but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see it in motion. Edit: Ok, that idle is kinda lame and sorta ruins it. It looks more like a large rodent or shrew than a toxic fire lizard.

Typing is cool, and that ability!

Logical-

Neo Member
It looks like the design is rushed or unfinished but not horribly bad. I am a big fan of this fire/poison combo. I always start off with a fire type so I don't know if he will be on my team permanently.

ChrisD

An excellent addition in my book. Simple outline, just enough colors to make it look Pokemon, and a mischievous design based around it's ability makes it feel complete.

Holy shit I can't even begin to understand how someone would think this is a bad design

It's delightedly creepy and the type and ability are amazing.

Azuran

Banned
I'm still waiting for the next non-animal Pokemon. Game Freak needs to stop withholding the tears and revealed some already. They're playing it too safe right now

Where's my next Klinklang?!

Love this little sneaky mon.

Mega Metagross uses Zen Headbutt.

RIP new Pokemon

Poison/Fire typing? That's a very interesting typing! It has 3 x4 resistances, but unfortunately a x4 weakness to ground. It's ability to poison all pokemon types is also really crazy!

I want one.

ryan13ts

This is one of the type combinations I've always wanted, so happy it's finally happening and with a cool looking Pokemon to boot. That ability is just sick though, hopes it keeps it upon evolution, if it does (Which it might not, to balance out its potentially OP as hell ability)

Either way, this thing is so going on my first playthrough team.

Neiteio

Has anyone pointed out how he looks like "Spy vs. Spy" when seen from the front? I love this design!

His description makes it clear he'll be a bit weak, stat-wise. He'll probably evolve, and that'll help, but I imagine he'll be a glass cannon where the focus is causing major status disruption.

I just realized that it's wearing a mask. This design is brilliant.
Not only a mask, but gloves so he leaves no fingerprints. Crime scene investigators will struggle to figure out who poisoned Metagross while he was reclining at home in his bath robe, sipping his wine and saying, "Ah, it's good to be a Steel-type!"

Galang

Banned
Cool typing and ability. Meh on the design, but I have a feeling it'll evolve into something cool as fuck at least

domlolz

Banned
I'm a big fan of this design. One of the best of the new pokemon they've revealed so far. Now lets hope it doesn't turn into something dumb like Sandile>> Crookodile....

Like the Art more than the in-game shot but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see it in motion. Edit: Ok, that idle is kinda lame and sorta ruins it. It looks more like a large rodent or shrew than a toxic fire lizard.

Typing is cool, and that ability!

crookodile is cool

Diffense

Eh. It's got a double weakness to ground and the video implies it's not terribly powerful. It seems like Toxic/Protect will probably be standard at first glance

4x Ground and 2x Water/Rock/Psychic weaknesses aside, Salamandit's typing is not too bad defensively.
It has 4x Fairy/Bug/Grass resists and 2x Fighting/Poison/Steel/Fire/Ice resists. Plus it can't be burned, absorbs Toxic Spikes and can't ordinarily be poisoned.
The 4x Fairy resist is especially rare as you have to be a dual type combination from Fire/Poison/Steel and AFAIK Heatran is currently the only one.
(If it's not completely frail it should be able to waltz in on Scizor whose coverage is usually Bug/Steel/Fighting all of which are resisted.)

If a Pokemon has other redeeming qualities, a single 4x weakness can be worked around even one as common as Ground (ask Heatran).
I hope Salamandit or its evolution gets decent stats. Anything else would be a waste of a cool, unique typing.

Gin

you all ignoring the obvious ..

this thing looks like it will replace all zubats in cave setting

can you imagine fighting this thing every 3 steps and having all your pokEMONS poisoned?

Top Bottom