• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we won't know the full context until the game it's out, but that last scene between Gally and Elder Knight feels different in execution and impression.

The English version implied antagonistic parting, with Galahad saying "Of that you can be sure" , like with anger.

The Japanese version had him saying "Leave it to me."

Ok, that looks way better than what we've seen previously. I always thought the version we've been seeing since E3 looked more like some sort of mutated ape rather than a werewolf.

im guessing thats a full breed and the others are the half breeds? funny I mentioned this a few pages ago. or maybe the other one we saw just wasnt fully transformed

viveks86

giphy.gif

KC Denton

im guessing thats a full breed and the others are the half breeds? funny I mentioned this a few pages ago. or maybe the other one we saw just wasnt fully transformed

IIRC "half breed" is an umbrella term for all of the Lycans and other nonhuman enemies. I guess this could indicate a gradient of transformations, though most of the changes here seem to be centered around the face or are mostly cosmetic.

Ugh, I want to know more, and the game is still over a month away. The temptation to look up whatever inevitably leaks just so I get some more info is too damn strong!

kpaadet

So it seems pretty obvious that you will end up taking down someone inside your own order and/or the rebels will secretly be the good guys.
I thought that was made clear quite a while ago, didn't RAD say that the rebals are pretty much just angry industrial workers and the Order is part of the "establishment", I mean that at least dosn't scream good guys to most.

The other Lycan shown in the trailer is an Elder Lycan according to Shinobi, they are more badass than the usual werewolves and you fight them in boss encounters.

Why does this game have to be a month off. I think I'll just sleep more often and take sleeping pills once I wake up.

It's the only way.

Great gif. Quality is very good. What are you using to create gifts? My guess would by PS? I have to use gif brewery on OS X, simple to use but lots of banding and dithering.

Drifters

I've been on media blackout of this game until now; Pretty impressed with what I saw. Definitely seems like this is going to follow AC's footsteps of moving towards sequels being modern day or future.

Sign me up!

Hoje0308

Banned
Jokes asidex, that lycan scene wasn't the only thing different. There were a few gameplay bits that were also cut differently.

I noticed that. I have no idea how international marketing is handled. Are there several versions cut, then focus tested, or is it just assumed that certain aspects will appeal more to each region ahead of time?

lol the Japanese version sounds awesome. The language just adds an extra layer of exotic ridiculousness to it.

I was just thinking that I hope there is an option to play with the Japanese voice actors. Would be great for repeat runs.

Skux

I noticed that. I have no idea how international marketing is handled. Are there several versions cut, then focus tested, or is it just assumed that certain aspects will appeal more to each region ahead of time?

Looks like it might have been toned down to suit ratings/censorship laws. Exploding head guy is replaced buy a guy who is just shocked (and the extra time is replaced by the diving halfbreed), there's no slow-mo grenade shot (replaced by a shotgun blast to a group), and no leg dismemberment (replaced with a shot to the body).

ron_bato

looks like if you dont pull the trigger in time (oh my god a qte!) the person standing there gets it.

Quite possible. But I think this is a product of the seamless transition between cut scene and gameplay RAD was talking about. It could be similar to the sniper section in the PSX demo, where once you shoot the disguised rebel, it transitioned into a cut scene instantly.

Who knows really :D But if this is a brief taste of how the lycans move in regular combat scenarios, then I am happy that they do have really great mobility and agility shown there.

Hoje0308

Banned
Looks like it might have been toned down to suit ratings/censorship laws. Exploding head guy is replaced buy a guy who is just shocked (and the extra time shows the diving halfbreed), there's no slow-mo grenade shot (replaced by a shotgun blast to a group), and no leg dismemberment (replaced with a shot to the body).

You're right, the scene differences are probably borne out of necessity rather than pandering. I had only noticed the additions and didn't take into account the omissions.

Quite possible. But I think this is a product of the seamless transition between cut scene and gameplay RAD was talking about. It could be similar to the sniper section in the PSX demo, where once you shoot the disguised rebel, it transitioned into a cut scene instantly.

Who knows really :D But if this is a brief taste of how the lycans move in regular combat scenarios, then I am happy that they do have really great mobility and agility shown there.

Seems like it's the first time the player picks up that weapon and it's a tutorial on how to fire the gun.

My guess (based off my marketing experience) is that all regional marketing teams receive a "global master version", with some guidelines and maybe old/additional b-roll footage.

And depending on market sensitivities and whim of the marketing team, they're allowed to make some changes within the guidelines that they're supplied with.

Hydrargyrus

My god, this game is unbelievable how it looks.

First time, when I saw the first triler during the PS4 presentation, it didn't caught my attention and during this year with all the corridors, QTE and the backlash I did not see even the trailers beacuse the lack of interest.

But in the last months, seeing what they've achieved and how it looks, the improvement in the gameplay... I'm really interested in this game. One of my most anticipated games of the year and in only one month away

ron_bato

Seems like it's the first time the player picks up that weapon and it's a tutorial on how to fire the gun.

Could be (since the name of the gun and a small description appears on the right of the screen), but I'm assuming by tutorial you mean actually firing the gun right and not a QTE?

Could be (since the name of the gun and a small description appears on the right of the screen), but I'm assuming by tutorial you mean actually firing the gun right and not a QTE?

I meant that it's just showing you how to fire the gun by using a QTE, does that make sense? I'm assuming that's the first time you fight them and the scene starts off with that, then goes into proper gameplay.

BashNasty

I'm really, really hoping this game is great. This latest trailer looks decent (the hyperbolic responses in this thread suggest a massive contingent of evangelists, likely due to the console exclusivity), but I'm still hesitant based on previous hands on reports. There's no doubt that the game looks amazing, I'm just hoping it plays amazing too.

Time will tell.

viveks86

I meant that it's just showing you how to fire the gun by using a QTE, does that make sense? I'm assuming that's the first time you fight them and the scene starts off with that, then goes into proper gameplay.

No. The scene ends with that. The first time, it shows how to use the gun, and as soon as it registers the hit, it's switching to a cut scene. There is no QTE there. The prompt on the right has actual instructions on how to aim and fire.

(the hyperbolic responses in this thread suggest a massive contingent of evangelists, likely due to the console exclusivity)

lol. Nice euphemism for "Sony Ponies" without risking a ban. ;)

Hoje0308

Banned
My guess (based off my marketing experience) is that all regional marketing teams receive a "global master version", with some guidelines and maybe old/additional b-roll footage.

And depending on market sensitivities and whim of the marketing team, they're allowed to make some changes within the guidelines that they're supplied with.

Makes perfect sense. It must be weird for certain cultures to make videos for the U.S. though. "Seriously, you can show as much violence as you please, it's physical affection that makes them cringe. No, really."

ron_bato

It kind of does, and the way the action looks scripted that could be the way it turns out. I'm speculating here of course, but I think the way it goes down is that, you have the arc rifle, you aim towards the half-breed charging at the person standing, and if fire and you're on target the hit animation gets framed into a cut-scene.

Jeez I don't know if that made any sense, and it's useless to speculate (fun nonetheless), but I can see what you're saying. We'll see in a month I guess!

Spineker

Banned
It kind of does, and the way the action looks scripted that could be the way it turns out. I'm speculating here of course, but I think the way it goes down is that, you have the arc rifle, you aim towards the half-breed charging at the person standing, and if fire and you're on target the hit animation gets framed into a cut-scene.

Jeez I don't know if that made any sense, and it's useless to speculate (fun nonetheless), but I can see what you're saying. We'll see in a month I guess!

It made sense to me, and it sounds pretty awesome if they worked out how to make it flow properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom