• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Order: 1886 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the new/alternative scenes in GIF form :)

apdgyd.gif

Here you go...

BZQaU1.png
Thanks man :)

All aboard The Order hype train :D

J 0 E

GOD DAMN!!

they should've showed this trailer a long time ago to give the gamers a better view of the game ... the graphics is unbelievable!!

Circinae

Neo Member
GOD DAMN!!

they should've showed this trailer a long time ago to give the gamers a better view of the game ... the graphics is unbelievable!!

So, you have seen actual game-play, been thoroughly unimpressed and are now admonishing them for having not mislead you earlier? This whole thread is extremely strange, many of you are actually pleased they have finally put together a trailer that masks the frailties of the game you have already seen exposed.

So, you have seen actual game-play, been thoroughly unimpressed and are now admonishing them for having not mislead you earlier? This whole thread is extremely strange, many of you are actually pleased they have finally put together a trailer that masks the frailties of the game you have already seen exposed.

I think your reading comprehension skills are lacking if that is what you took from this thread.

samar11

party pooper lol

Putty

What?!

No. The scene ends with that. The first time, it shows how to use the gun, and as soon as it registers the hit, it's switching to a cut scene. There is no QTE there. The prompt on the right has actual instructions on how to aim and fire.

It kind of does, and the way the action looks scripted that could be the way it turns out. I'm speculating here of course, but I think the way it goes down is that, you have the arc rifle, you aim towards the half-breed charging at the person standing, and if fire and you're on target the hit animation gets framed into a cut-scene.

Jeez I don't know if that made any sense, and it's useless to speculate (fun nonetheless), but I can see what you're saying. We'll see in a month I guess!

Makes sense to me, we shall see soon enough. Out of all the games in 2015, yup all of 2015, this is my most anticipated for some reason.

Circinae

Neo Member
party pooper lol

I just find it a bit baffling. Not that people are excited, but the repeated sentiment that a new, well put together trailer can somehow make up for the previous lack of excitement that was around this board, due to the poor game sections we have seen people actually play.

You are aware that the different usernames that you see on GAF do not belong to one obsessive guy with a multitude of personalities, right? I am asking because the "YOU" that you pompously used could lead a reader of that post of yours into believing that you think exactly that...

I just find it a bit baffling. Not that people are excited, but the repeated sentiment that a new, well put together trailer can somehow make up for the previous lack of excitement that was around this board, due to the poor game sections we have seen people actually play.

First demo wasn't good, the 30 minute demo at PSX made a good amount of people excited, this trailer showed some new scenes and stuff never seen before so more people got excited. I don't understand what the problem is. Because the demo they showed before didn't excite someone, it means a trailer later on can't?

Alo0oy

Banned
Any word on if the weapons are kept in an inventory or if they're pick-up Uncharted style?

I hope it's the former since the game isn't vertical like Uncharted where the pick-up-&-gun-down style works best.

I also hope the weapons are upgradable like RE4.

Its a shame nobody's been discussing those things & every The Order thread has been either about graphics or "Corridor shooter" comments.

Here are the new/alternative scenes in GIF form :)

apdgyd.gif

Thanks man :)

All aboard The Order hype train :D

My goodness! Those animations are superb; and I am not even going to touch on the subject of graphics. Suffices to say that it is highly improbable -imo- that another game will dethrone it this year (Sorry ND!).
I pray that the pacing, characters and different encounters will be of the same type.

Circinae

Neo Member
You are aware that the different usernames that you see on GAF do not belong to one obsessive guy with a multitude of personalities, right? I am asking because the "YOU" that you pompously used could lead a reader of that post of yours that you believe exactly that...

What are you babbling about? The "you" was because I was specifically questioning that poster. The rest, hence "many of you", was because that poster's line of thinking has been expressed several times before in the thread. I'm not sure what part you're struggling with.

I don't understand what the problem is. Because the demo they showed before didn't excite someone, it means a trailer later on can't?

You don't see the problem in previously underwhelming sections of game-play, now being overlooked because they compiled an interesting trailer? I was more surprised by the logic that someone would have wished to have seen this trailer earlier, in order to counter the poor showing of all the previous content, as if somehow seeing the bad aspects of the game being sheathed in marketing is a good thing.

Tumle

I hate that word. Nothing against you but really, it's the most overused word when describing games. Has no meaning to me.

However, this game is an instant buy. It's looking wonderful, I bet it will surprise a lot of people.
It's up there with " the gameplay doesn't look/feel next gen" what does that even mean?

OT looks beautiful!! Reminds me of gears gameplay wise, so looking forward to that :)

Alo0oy

Banned
What are you babbling about? The "you" was because I was specifically questioning that poster. The rest, hence "many of you", was because that poster's line of thinking has been expressed several times before in the thread. I'm not sure what part you're struggling with.

You don't see the problem in previously underwhelming sections of game-play, now being overlooked because they compiled an interesting trailer? I was more surprised by the logic that someone would have wished to have seen this trailer earlier, in order to counter the poor showing of all the previous content, as if somehow seeing the bad aspects of the game being sheathed in marketing is a good thing.

I don't think the earlier trailers were bad at all, maybe that's just me.

Circinae

Neo Member
I don't think the earlier trailers were bad at all, maybe that's just me.

Fair enough, I am not referring to you then. I was talking about:

Finally a decent trailer for the Order.

that's a great trailer!
even if I'm still not sure about the gameplay

They should've realeased a trailer like this months ago. Great trailer.

It took them a year but at last, a trailer that has made me interested in this game.

Because really, until this everything has been so underwhelming.

for example.

drotahorror

Eugh, this is so wrong. The most English game ever, and all the characters are speaking Japanese. Yeah, that makes sense, that totally doesn't break immersion at all.

New snippets of footage is appreciated though.

I find it pretty awesome when devs go the extra mile to provide full dubs for other languages.

For instance I was watching a SMITE stream the other day, a Brazilian one I believe, and all the gods had Portuguese voice packs for their voice commands. I thought that was impressive.

I understand you mean it as immersion breaking but perhaps there will be voice over options for other countries?

Controls shown in new video released by PlayStation Asia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4uCnfVQEpE

Diggin these control videos lately.

samar11

This game could end up being mediocre in terms of game play and storyline, but this new trailer shows that it could be amazing, who knows?. Maybe everyone will change their mind again once they get their hands on it ? lol

Fair enough, I am not referring to you then. I was talking about:

for example.

Of all those examples you just posted only one of them says he/she is now interested in the game because of this trailer despite the other underwhelming showings. The other 3 are just posters saying how good of a trailer it is. I do understand what you're saying to a degree though.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
How dare you enjoy this trailer!!!!!!

It's:
- Too corridory
- Isn't open world
- I hate zombies so there's that shit
- It's 720p or 900p
- It's letterboxed
- Is only a Gears clone so doesn't do anything new
- Doesn't have soul
- Weapons are not innovative
- Well at least they are not fun
- Weapons don't have punch
- Well, there is no blood
- There is no blood at all times
- Well, there is no blood on the floor at least
- Well there is blood but not that clearly anyway
- The grenades don't react like I expected
- It's just a pretty game
- It's actually not that pretty
- Is 70% QTE's
- It's 80% cutscenes
- The cutscenes have prettier graphics than the same graphics of gameplay
- There is no proper depth of field in gameplay
- The depth of field is all wrong anyway
- The lady in the game is too white and doesn't have a moustache
- The outfits are just copies of Assassins Creed gear
- The studio has never made a new IP so this will suck

Overall meh/10

There. I said it. Now stop posting gifs.

Interesting that they bragged about the hand-to-hand with half-breeds towards the end of their PS Experience segment then in that video it suggests there isn't really fully fledged melee, just QTEs.

Lycan melee is clearly a boss fight separate from TPS engagement melee.

CozMick

Banned

It's:
- Too corridory
- Isn't open world
- It's 720p or 900p
- It's letterboxed
- Doesn't have soul
- Is 70% QTE's
- It's 80% cutscenes

Overall meh/10

I'm guessing Eurogamer will take the bolded for their review. anyone care to hazard a guess at ign?

Alo0oy

Banned

It's:
- Too corridory
- Isn't open world
- It's 720p or 900p
- It's letterboxed
- Doesn't have soul
- Is 70% QTE's
- It's 80% cutscenes

Overall meh/10

You forgot 30fps slideshow.

Generic slideshow cinematic corridor shooter/10

Interesting that they bragged about the hand-to-hand with half-breeds towards the end of their PS Experience segment then in that video it suggests there isn't really fully fledged melee, just QTEs.

There were no QTE's in that whole control video. People need to learn the difference between contextual buttons and QTE's.

Greg was warming up to it, but he's gone now.

Not just Greg but Colin too, both were skeptical and rather critical about The Order until they played the PSX demo, which represented a turnaround in their impressions of the game. But yeah, I think IGN has just lost its two biggest cheerleaders for the game. I wonder who will end up reviewing it now.

Really, what is the difference?

Anyways, hello fellow Thricer...:)

Difference is that a quick time event you're not in control of the character. Contextual buttons is when the same button is used for different things, in this case it is used to stealth kill and also used for regular melee. It works the same in Uncharted to pull of stealth kills you push the melee button when you're sneaking. The only difference here is that the button prompt is on the screen.

hahah hello

Difference is that a quick time event you're not in control of the character. Contextual buttons is when the same button is used for different things, in this case it is used to stealth kill and also used for regular melee. It works the same in Uncharted to pull of stealth kills you push the melee button when you're sneaking. The only difference here is that the button prompt is on the screen.

hahah hello

Actually, I knew it.Just wanted to post a "on topic" question, so as to comment on your avatar.Thrice is one of my all favourite bands and I was really happy to see your avatar!:)

The game looks phenomenal though.Really glad to have bought a ps4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom