• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

full

kirblar

Maybe its meant to be that after bison dies or whatever in the story he transfers him self to ed and thats what transforms him.

I also dont like that look.
The gigantic Bison statue in his background would seem to imply that's what's happened here. I fear Ed is in the Sunken Place now.

The new design is such a serious upgrade over the scrawny and bland hoodie look.

When it was first leaked that it was Ed I was really disappointed, but now I'm actually excited to see him in action. :)

ZenTzen

the little hat is kind of ridiculous, he would look pretty cool if they went for a hoodie in this design as well, kinda like combining designs, maybe even implement something like the hoodie falling of if he got hit too much

.la1n

I think the disappointing about this for me is none of these new characters are worthy replacements to bringing back classics. I wasn't against the idea of new characters this season because I figured it would give Capcom a great opportunity for creative ideas both aesthetically and gameplay. Kolin and Ed are not that (at least aesthetically.)

Gren

Wow was not expecting such a dramatic redesign coming off of Kolin. Was always waiting to actually play him before passing judgement, but now I'm more excited for the drop.

Pachinko

i think he looks kind of cool, a cross between Balrog and Bison which I think was kind of the point. His 2 dads as it were.

I suspect there's an anime-ish plot reason for him getting jacked after he was a spindly little thing in the story mode. I mean if I were writing this junk - it would be "Upon Bisons purification at the hands of Ryu, his latent psycho power was unleashed , anyone susceptible to those powers absorbed them into their being , thus Ed , being the last physical clone of Bison , obtained the majority and his physical being got roided up in the process." The hoodie and sweat pants thing always felt like a cover , like Goku wearing training weights.

Basically, I imagine Ed's story mode will explain away roughly what I've just described in short order.

kirblar

i think he looks kind of cool, a cross between Balrog and Bison which I think was kind of the point. His 2 dads as it were.

I suspect there's an anime-ish plot reason for him getting jacked after he was a spindly little thing in the story mode. I mean if I were writing this junk - it would be "Upon Bisons purification at the hands of Ryu, his latent psycho power was unleashed , anyone susceptible to those powers absorbed them into their being , thus Ed , being the last physical clone of Bison , obtained the majority and his physical being got roided up in the process." The hoodie and sweat pants thing always felt like a cover , like Goku wearing training weights.

Basically, I imagine Ed's story mode will explain away roughly what I've just described in short order.
Abel was also a Bison Body. Ed looks a lot like Abel now.

Pompadour

I think he has the trope of clone super aging. SF4 was like 2 years ago and he was a little kid, a teen in SFV, now a super jacked young adult after the story mode ended. Bison's hair went white between 4 and V probably because 4 was the only SF game he was in where he didn't end up dying. His replacement body is getting old.

Rymuth

He's pandering to fujoshis because that's become one of his main fanbases in recent years.
That...actually makes a lot of sense.
He's lost the ability to draw buff dudes in exchange for the amazingly detailed art in part 5-8. Not the worst trade off in my opinion.
Characters looks virtually indistinguishable for one another.

I'd rather have the old style where I could actually tell who everyone was and what attacks they're pulling off.

pizzacat

Banned
Wait people liked that weird circle shoulder thing araki was doing in part 3

The jojos becoming less manly yet having more broken abilities as time went on was certainly on purpose

I like his style, but him redrawing others in his style is not needed, some of you guys are really gonna hate part 5 once it's drawn lol

Village

Ok so I know they are MORE than capable of designing a face after this and Kolin. Fix Ken!

Its not really a they, its more of a " they hire different people to make different models" and for since the DLC it seems that they have been hiring the good people. While alex's hair is weird, his face is fine.

So Kens face might e weird for quite a while, but we don't have to worry about any one else's face looking wack.

Hair may vary though

MrCarter

I think the disappointing about this for me is none of these new characters are worthy replacements to bringing back classics. I wasn't against the idea of new characters this season because I figured it would give Capcom a great opportunity for creative ideas both aesthetically and gameplay. Kolin and Ed are not that (at least aesthetically.)

This makes no sense. We haven't even seen his gameplay yet lol. Plus Kolin is great, her Systema (Russian marital arts) style of combat with her ice powers and counters is very innovative.

jett

D-Member
That...actually makes a lot of sense.

Characters looks virtually indistinguishable for one another.

I'd rather have the old style where I could actually tell who everyone was and what attacks they're pulling off.

Are those supposed to be triplets? I hope the anime makes some changes when it reaches those parts.

Lulubop

Ken's face on the character select screen is like the shaders or textures aren't loading properly and shit. Seems like an easy fix, but wtf capcom.

.la1n

This makes no sense. We haven't even seen his gameplay yet lol. Plus Kolin is great, her Systema (Russian marital arts) style of combat with her ice powers and counters is very innovative.

Which is why I said they are aesthetically disappointing.

kirblar

Ok so I know they are MORE than capable of designing a face after this and Kolin. Fix Ken!
A different team has been doing the DLC than the original outsourced stuff.
Aesthetically, you can throw Kolin into the stereotypical SF2 cast and she would fit.

That makes her better than the majority of the 3s characters.

No defense over Ed though.
Yeah, the SFV newbies (well, until now) have been pretty good about not breaking that rule of thumb.

Numb

ok, just saw this one.

Sold.

Look at this mans handsome face.

Can we change around the character select so the screen starts on him, or urien, or anyone else but ken.

Just not ken.

Can we just put ken in a corner

Ken's face on the character select screen is like the shaders or textures aren't loading properly and shit. Seems like an easy fix, but wtf capcom.
Ken's face can't be defeated
Maybe next season

"Bison may have been your father, but he sure as hell ain't yo daddy."
guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-available-on-digital-hd-disney-movies-anywhere-now-it-arrives-on-blu-ray-dvd-on-december-9.jpg

i see you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom