• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Aesthetically, you can throw Kolin into the stereotypical SF2 cast and she would fit.

That makes her better than the majority of the 3s characters.

No defense over Ed though.

She doesn't fit in SF2 and that's good, because a lot of SF2's characters are boring visually.

She looks like an SFV character aesthetically , if that makes sense.

Instead of trying to lump her into some cast of a past time, embrace the new aesthetic. Trying to get characters to look like they came out of a previous game ends up bad. Like the pile of uninteresting shit that is Abel

She doesn't fit in SF2 and that's good, because a lot of SF2's characters are boring visually.

Instead of trying to lump her into some cast of a past time, embrace the new aesthetic. Trying to get characters to look like they came out of a previous game ends up bad. Like the pile of uninteresting shit that is Abel
Do we need to have the Abel conversation again?

Abel is perfection.

2EfeTQw.png

joe2187

Banned
Laura's hair style and face is good.

Her outfits not so much.

besides cheerleader mika, Im surprised at how well done and tasteful Mikas alternate costumes are. Like Chun Lis and Juris they've got some real good designs.

Which makes Lauras all the more strange. Since it's all bikinis and really nothing more.

Village

besides cheerleader mika, Im surprised at how well done and tasteful Mikas alternate costumes are. Like Chun Lis and Juris they've got some real good designs.

Which makes Lauras all the more strange. Since it's all bikinis and really nothing more.

You are not wrong.
Let me be real , I hate mika's main outfit. But every other outfit has either been tasteful or done really well. I really wish her story outfit was just her main outfit.

Laura's... is weird. Like Juri crazy overtly sexual masochistic fetish woman has more tastefully done outfits than luara.

Abel is supposed to be boring. He's like Fei Long.

I like his design, but does everyone have to be some super buff dude, getting really cliche and boring now. Especially considering how characters like Ken and Fei are depicted in artwork and anime has slim, agile, cut characters. Everyone being super buff is so stupid to me and ignores the great variety in body types.

I like his design, but does everyone have to be some super buff dude, getting really cliche and boring now. Especially considering how characters like Ken and Fei are depicted in artwork and anime has slim, agile, cut characters. Everyone being super buff is so stupid to me and ignores the great variety in body types.
Fei Long sure, but I don't think Ken has ever been slim.

The male SF roster has much more body diversity compared to the female characters though. That's where it's really lacking.

Fei Long sure, but I don't think Ken has ever been slim.

The male SF roster has much more body diversity compared to the female characters though. That's where it's really lacking.
Ken is much slimmer in anime, alpha games, and artwork. He is speedy, flashy shoto whereas Ryu is the stronger, focused one. He's not fei long slim, since fei is basically supposed to be Bruce lee, but he should be smaller than Ryu at least.

According to Capcom, everyone woman on earth had a DD in bra size. It's ridiculous.

It's probably some kind of Nazi allusion -- Hitler favoring "Aryan" traits without possessing them himself.
Ok, but he has switched bodies a few times already no? The only reasonable conclusion is that his great Psycho Power darkens his hair or something hahah.

Ken is much slimmer in anime, alpha games, and artwork. He is speedy, flashy shoto whereas Ryu is the stronger, focused one. He's not fei long slim, since fei is basically supposed to be Bruce lee, but he should be smaller than Ryu at least.

According to Capcom, everyone woman on earth had a DD in bra size. It's ridiculous.
9iW79dq.png

WlRWLwQ.gif

iQt2w8Z.jpg

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I think you may be remembering incorrectly. Ken and Ryu have always had very similar body shapes, and I believe that is definitely intentional. Ken might be slightly leaner than Ryu in the anime, but they're two buff dudes.

The female cast is wholly lacking in any sort of body and age diversity, and that's an issue.

Ryce

I love basic character designs. Complaining about "boring" characters gives us the 2007 Ed Hardy abominations that infest modern Tekken.

Abel is a criminally boring character design; it just happens that ANYONE looks perfect when drawn by Kinu Nishimura.
I disagree. His design is excellent, and he adds balance to a roster filled with outlandish characters. For every Blanka, you need a Ryu. For every Juri, an Abel.

7Th

Monster Hunter Stories is far and away the Capcom game with the best art direction and character designs since EX Troopers.

I love basic character designs. Complaining about "boring" characters gives us the 2007 Ed Hardy abominations that infest modern Tekken.

You're using the wrong analogy for Tekken characters; they're just typical anime chuuni super models.

I disagree. His design is excellent, and he adds balance to a roster filled with outlandish characters. For every Blanka, you need a Ryu. For every Juri, an Abel.

Makoto looks simple enough without being boring.

I grew to like Abel because he has this back to basics vibe where I feel like he could've slotted into the original SF2 lineup quite handily.

I grew to like Abel because he has this back to basics vibe where I feel like he could've slotted into the original SF2 lineup quite handily.
Yes, definitely.

There's nothing wrong with understated design, in fact it can be an asset.

Makoto looks simple enough without being boring.
And yet I find her unappealing, but I understand her niche. Obviously personal taste influences who we gravitate towards, but a variety in designs is something that is greatly needed, particularly in character driven games like fighters.

Village

That's a bad example

Almost Everyone in tekken 7 looks better than everyone in sfv

Even Devil JIn, and that man is literally wearing edgy belts.

There are characters in tekken 7 right now, that look better than the entire roster of SFV. Brian looks better than the entire roster of SFV right now, and he's not the only one.

I'm talking one person, looking better than a roster.

Ryce

You're using the wrong analogy for Tekken characters; they're just typical anime chuuni super models.
Partly, but even one tribal design is one tribal design too many. I pine for the Tekken 3/4 days where the characters dressed as discernible martial artists and not gaudy fashion nightmares.

Fei long is supposed to be the opposite of boring.

He's Bruce lee

Abel is Fedor Emelianenko. That's what I mean. They're both deliberately designed to reference real people.

That's entirely why Fei Long's rival match in SF4 is Abel.

I tend to appreciate that more than a reference to a manga that I've never read.

9iW79dq.png

WlRWLwQ.gif

iQt2w8Z.jpg

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I think you may be remembering incorrectly. Ken and Ryu have always had very similar body shapes, and I believe that is definitely intentional. Ken might be slightly leaner than Ryu in the anime, but they're two buff dudes.

The female cast is wholly lacking in any sort of body and age diversity, and that's an issue.
thats what I'm referring to. He was slim in SF2 animated movie as well, especially during flashbacks with his long hair.

Fit better with the character for him to be a bit slimmer as well IMO. Regardless in SFV they both look kinda silly out of game.

thats what I'm referring to. He was slim in SF2 animated movie as well, especially during flashbacks with his long hair.

Fit better with the character for him to be a bit slimmer as well IMO.
I don't see those as examples of someone who is slim though.

Slimmer than the SFV models, sure, but that's just the general overall aesthetic of the different games/media, not an example of particular characters who represent that body type as a rule.

7Th

The new tekken 7 characters make Eliza look good.

Kazumi looks great and at worst Claudio and Shaheen are a bit boring but they're perfectly serviceable. That being said, I have no problem with Eliza's design; way better than Katarina or Gigas or a lot of the awful new costumes they gave the returning characters.

Village

Shaheen is strait fire.

Shaheen makes me upset when I look at rashid, because he doesn't look anywherenear as cool as shaheen.

Abel is awesome. I think he's the best newcomer in SF4.

I mean if we pretend Viper, Juri , the god hakan ,and Gouken gameplaywise don't exist I guess you could say that.

poodaddy

Gold Member

Fit better with the character for him to be a bit slimmer as well IMO. Regardless in SFV they both look kinda silly out of game.
Dude there no slim dudes in those pics. Ken's arms look like they're 18 inches and Ryu's are 19 lol. They've always been portrayed as pretty big dudes for their height.

I think it has more to do with the fact he wasn't some jacked up goon and was just a kid in a hoody and now he looks like every other jacked up dude in the game.

Just cause he has more muscles don't mean he's jacked up. Ryu is jacked and he's small compared to the others. You have no clue on his scale compared to the others. This is a clone of bison. Basically a young Bison. Think about that.

Village

Just cause he has more muscles don't mean he's jacked up. You have no clue on his scale compared to the others. This is a clone of bison. Basically a young Bison. Think about that.

I don't think he's a clone of bison.

Cammy was also a body he was going to use, so was able.

I think he just likes blond attractive people. As silly as that sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom