• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Eagles also get a 4th rounder that can become a 3rd, according to RapSheet.

I like this deal for us. We get rid of a guy we probably were going to cut anyway and add a starting caliber guard and an extra draft pick. Howie continues to make quality moves.

His physical tools seem to fit better at safety than CB. For some reason, the Eagles kept trying to force him at the corner spot. Belichick might switch him to safety and he could excel there.

Agreed on both counts. I think he can be a good CB but a top safety.

As for the pick, nice that we'll have a bunch of 4ths in 2018, but Kline is interesting. It's good to have a starting caliber guard, but right now I'm worried Seumalo is getting buried on the depth chart. I hope he's given a chance to start and develop, especially since Wiz probably won't be here next year. Right now it looks like, assuming Lane and JP are starting, he's behind Barbre and Kline, and fighting with Wiz for 3rd. Hope he can fight his way to a starting spot.

Rowe has potential but just isn't a scheme fit here. Billy Davis tried to destroy his confidence last season by making him take on Calvin Johnson 1v1 as a rookie who replaced an injured starter (I think).

What scheme is there that doesnt fit quick CB's with good size. Interesting that all those crapy Bills castoffs are good scheme fits though.

Fantomex

So you really permanently squicken'd to the Rams, huh? I've been holding out hope that it's an elaborate joke for months but I'm starting to think you really did it. I'll miss you, friend. :(

You will always be my friend, and we will always have Marino. I really hope Arian can take some of the pressure off Tannehill, and that he blossoms into the QB everyone needs him to be.

I'mma be over here with my 7-9 coach and my No Name Receiver corps. /shrugs

So Parker still iffy on playing Sunday....I guess the score will be something like 37-20 at best and the score will seem closer than the game actually will be.

Pepiope

What scheme is there that doesnt fit quick CB's with good size. Interesting that all those crapy Bills castoffs are good scheme fits though.
I believe they were upset he couldn't press receivers given his size, and I remember him getting beat a couple times in preseason, buy he did a pretty nice job recovering. I think they liked CJ Smith more, so I'm fine with it.

So Agahlor and Hicks are the only players still on the roster from Chips draft a year ago. I am sure that is just a weird coincidence though.

Pepiope

So Agahlor and Hicks are the only players still on the roster from Chips draft a year ago. I am sure that is just a weird coincidence though.
That was a bad draft. Horrible draft.

And we only drafted 6 players. 3 of which were in the 6th and 7th rounds. So it's not that hard to believe we only have 2 guys left.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Eagles are trading CB Eric Rowe to Patriots for OL Josh Kline and a draft pick, league sources tell @MikeReiss and me.

Figured this was coming after they didn't cut him. So Pats fans, is Kline any good?

He's serviceable, but not anything special.

Eagles also get a 4th rounder that can become a 3rd, according to RapSheet.

I like this deal for us. We get rid of a guy we probably were going to cut anyway and add a starting caliber guard and an extra draft pick. Howie continues to make quality moves.

His physical tools seem to fit better at safety than CB. For some reason, the Eagles kept trying to force him at the corner spot. Belichick might switch him to safety and he could excel there.

I think if he is moved to safety he'll be a standout. Eagles just have good safeties and need help at CB (and oline) so this trade works for the circumstances.

Zeke

So Charles Tapper has a broken back. Stress fracture in his L5 vertebra. Apparently dude has had this since he was a kid. Who needs a pass rush or DE's in the nfl anyway.
"They said I've had it since I was a little boy," Tapper said. "When you look at my spine, it's like it's not attached in there. When I don't take care of it or get treatment, that's when it flares up.

"First time it was diagnosed. I just thought when you wake up, you know you got a little back pain, I'll be good. I went to sleep the next day and I can't even move my leg, I don't know if I'm paralyzed or something. It was pretty painful
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-de-charles-tapper-says-slowed-fractured-back

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 21s21 seconds ago
New Eagles' OL Josh Kline might not be in Philly long -- or at all. Eagles already in deep discussions to trade Kline, sources tell ESPN.

ALL OF THE MOVES

Hindl

New Eagles' OL Josh Kline might not be in Philly long -- or at all. Eagles already in deep discussions to trade Kline, sources tell ESPN.

ALL OF THE MOVES

Lol. If we're gonna have a mediocre season at least Howie's keeping it interesting.

Friend, how many cheerleader pics can we expect for the week 1 thread you making? I am hyped.

Since it's week 1 I figured I'd post one from each team, so 29?

Should I do the thread? I could do it but until Tomorrow since I have class

First game in the new offense + Seattle defense... can't imagine that going well in any way, shape, or form. I just hope the Dolphins defense can hold them under 30 or so.

I need to restock my liquor cabinet on Saturday...

gutshot

ALL OF THE MOVES

All these other GMs playing checkers while Howie outchea playing three-dimensional chess.

Since it's week 1 I figured I'd post one from each team, so 29?

Should I do the thread? I could do it but until Tomorrow since I have class

I need to restock my liquor cabinet on Saturday...
I'm lowering my expectations as a fan to avoid killing myself from stress. I just want to see a few good plays every game. :)
:'(

Eagles are selling it all so they can win the 2017 draft!!!
Eagles vs. Browns in SB LII. Get ready.

Looks like the Kline trade is close to being done:

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 7m7 minutes ago

Indeed, Josh Kline is about to join Frank Gore in the almost-Eagle HOF, I am told.

Howie spent the last year hanging out with Sam Heinke it seems.

Hindl

Do any Eagles fans here still like Kendricks?

Maybe he'll get shipped, he is a Kelly signing after all.

He was an Andy pick actually. And I dunno, he needs to get it together. He had potential but he just constantly has soft tissue injuries, and just looked slow last year when he wasn't hurt. If he doesn't show something this year then he should probably be shipped. Don't think it can really happen till 2018 tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom