• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports teams are toys for rich people.

Probably the best toy a person could buy for him or herself.

I could easily see an owner trying to get back at Chip if it made them happy. I mean Jerry Jones fired the head coach of the possibly the greatest football team of all time because he thought the coach was getting too much credit. Al Davis had a bat phone to call down plays during a game.

I don't now if it is true that the Eagles are just trying to erase all memory of Kelly irregardless of whether or not it made sense, but it would not be out of the ordinary for the NFL or sports teams owners in general.

Just think of the crazy shit you would do if you were a bored billionaire with your own football team.

It isnt even the owner. Imagine being the gm and fighting to convince the owner to hire a college coach and then that guy goes to the owner and says that you are a moron and that he needs to be in charge of all personal moves. Howie spent a year trying to convince Lurie to fire Chip and bring himself back, once he gets his power back it makes sense to undo all the Chip moves that he can.

Sports teams are toys for rich people.

Probably the best toy a person could buy for him or herself.

I could easily see an owner trying to get back at Chip if it made them happy. I mean Jerry Jones fired the head coach of the possibly the greatest football team of all time because he thought the coach was getting too much credit. Al Davis had a bat phone to call down plays during a game.

I don't now if it is true that the Eagles are just trying to erase all memory of Kelly irregardless of whether or not it made sense, but it would not be out of the ordinary for the NFL or sports teams owners in general.

Just think of the crazy shit you would do if you were a bored billionaire with your own football team.

You know who didn't treat their sports franchise like a toy? The late great Dr. Jerry Buss, which is why the Los Angeles Lakers became the greatest team in the history of sport.

Well we know that Howie is a below average talent evaluator, sadly we didnt get more time to see how Chip would have done in that position.

So wait, that says Taylor Hart is a Roseman pick, but you say he's a Chip pick. Which is it?

The problem with that whole article is that it assumes Roseman was fully in charge of picks during times other things say he wasn't. In the 2010 and 2011 drafts Reid was coach and it's common knowledge Reid had control of personnel. Those drafts he took more of a back seat sure, but he still had vast influence. The only one he didn't seem to do much with was 2012. Then you look at every year but Chip's first and you can see his fingerprints all over those drafts.

I think Howie probably only had true full control over 2012, 2013 and 2016 at best. Two of those drafts were decent.

All you dudes getting triggered by Eagles-GAF's version of Tom Penny. YH's troll game too strong.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I hate what Tom Penny does, and I would never do anything like that. It is fine if you are a blind Howie loyalist but not all of us are.

Same people saying they're not trying to get rid of all Chip's bad guys were in here years ago pointing out that Chip was getting rid of all Reid's good guys

Face it, Chip's a cancer but getting rid of the old ship to make your own ship actually your own ship is something all coaches do when replacing other coaches. Only difference is Chip was given far more time than he deserved, and his shit is getting canned faster than any other (because it deserves to go faster than any other)

RBH

090516-MLB-Tim-Tebow-1-LF-PI.jpg

The Braves have serious interest in signing former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to a contract if it’s a “low-risk commitment,” a person familiar with the situation said Saturday. And it could happen soon.

One report said the Rockies were also among the interested teams, but the Braves are believed to be the favorites to sign him.
http://m.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/braves-interested-in-signing-former-qb-tim-tebow/nsRDs/

Atlanta Braves general manager John Coppolella confirmed the team's interest in Tim Tebow and said the Braves have had "multiple" conversations with Tebow's representatives as a step toward signing him to a professional baseball contract.

Coppolella called a potential Tebow signing a "low-risk'' investment, and said the Braves' interest is rooted in Tebow's promise on the field rather than his ability to sell tickets.
Tebow is well-known among fans in Southeastern Conference country from his tenure as a Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national championship quarterback under Urban Meyer with Florida.

"We are interested in Tim because of his potential as a baseball player, not as a gate attraction,'' Coppolella said during the Braves' series with the Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday. "We have spoken with his representatives multiple times and all parties involved want this to be a pure baseball thing on every level."

Tebow, 29, worked out for 46 scouts representing 28 teams last week in Los Angeles. Among those in attendance were Braves special assistant Roy Clark and amateur scouting director Brian Bridges.

The Braves' interest in Tebow was first reported by ESPN's Pedro Gomez and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Tebow, who hasn't played organized baseball since his junior year at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida, in 2005, has been working out with former big league catcher Chad Moeller in Scottsdale, Arizona, since Memorial Day. Tebow spent almost two hours last week at the USC's Dedeaux Field running a 60-yard dash, shagging fly balls, throwing from the outfield and taking swings against former major league pitchers David Aardsma and Chad Smith in his audition for clubs.

Brodie Van Wagenen, Tebow's baseball agent at CAA, told reporters that several clubs stayed after the workout to meet face-to-face with Tebow. The Colorado Rockies are reportedly another team with interest in the former quarterback.

Tebow's representatives would like him to sign a contract in time to attend the instructional league and possibly play in the Arizona Fall League this offseason before he joins a minor league affiliate next spring. Tebow also wouldn't rule out the possibility of playing winter ball this offseason to get at-bats.

If the Braves can agree to terms with Tebow, it will rekindle an organizational tradition of signing high-upside, multisport athletes that began under former general manager John Schuerholz in the 1990s. Schuerholz, who is now the Braves' vice chairman, signed Deion Sanders as a free agent in 1991 and brought Brian Jordan to Atlanta through free agency in 1998. Sanders is a Pro Football Hall of Famer and Jordan spent three years in the NFL as a safety with the Atlanta Falcons.

During Schuerholz's previous tenure as general manager in Kansas City, the Royals chose Bo Jackson of Auburn in the fourth round of the draft. Jackson made the 1989 American League All-Star team as an outfielder with the Royals and was a Pro Bowl running back with the Oakland Raiders in 1990.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17472058/atlanta-braves-confirm-interest-former-qb-tim-tebow

:')

fep

People can change - I'm a Howie fan (wasn't before) after his year off and I'll trust him until he burns us, though he still looks like a little shit when he speaks to the media lol.

One of Packers-Age was collecting those "season in one picture" images so I assume he was doing the thread?

I mean, it helps that he's not out there, but that's been the expectation anyway, so I don't think it'll affect gameplanning either way.
I can't do the thread, I'm traveling!

But I will do (am doing) the team preview part.

We need to get to the bottom of this friend.

Who is working on the week 1 post degenerates? Me and Chris need to know before putting in the time.
I responded to your PM, but in case this is easier:

Go for it. I'll send you the team preview bit once i'm not traveling through mountains at 70 mph.

bionic77

You know who didn't treat their sports franchise like a toy? The late great Dr. Jerry Buss, which is why the Los Angeles Lakers became the greatest team in the history of sport.
True. He knew his priorities.

He treated his team like his favorite child and women like disposable objects/toys. And now he is a legend.

I just want to know what the fuck he did with his kids. Jeanie is a boss but the rest seem to be worthless and are ruining my team. Thats my team you assholes! Treat it with respect like the late doctor did!

bionic77

my kid will play SOCOM V
My kids are 5 and have no played any real videogames yet but want to.

My wife has let them play some trash phone games, but mostly what they have done on phones and the computer have been educational.

I keep thinking I will introduce them to games via the 16bit systems and maybe a MAME cabinet. That is what I keep hoping to do so that they have taste, but I am sure it will backfire and they will just ask for COD 2000 on Xbox5.

Greg

My kids are 5 and have no played any real videogames yet but want to.

My wife has let them play some trash phone games, but mostly what they have done on phones and the computer have been educational.

I keep thinking I will introduce them to games via the 16bit systems and maybe a MAME cabinet. That is what I keep hoping to do so that they have taste, but I am sure it will backfire and they will just ask for COD 2000 on Xbox5.
imagine sheltering them enough to start on NES and introduce them to a new system every year

"At the 2015 Combine, the top three, 3-cone drill times for DBs were Justin Coleman, Eric Rowe and Jordan Richards." - @MarkDanielsPJ

Belichick has his type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom