• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

How could he turn down such a huge steal though. Not many teams willing to give away talent like Rowe's for so little.

I don't know anything about Rowe, so I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But Bill gave up a decent lineman and, potentially, a third rounder. So I'm guessing that he's pretty good? Hopefully?

One of Packers-Age was collecting those "season in one picture" images so I assume he was doing the thread?

I mean, it helps that he's not out there, but that's been the expectation anyway, so I don't think it'll affect gameplanning either way.

I'm not giving us much hope regardless of who you put out there, our defense has made back ups look like all pro HOF QBs.

I don't know anything about Rowe, so I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But Bill gave up a decent lineman and, potentially, a third rounder. So I'm guessing that he's pretty good? Hopefully?

I really think that Rowe will turn out to be a great player. He is going to do big things in NE.

Pepiope

He's potentially pretty good. Based off of last season it looked like he'd be a starter at RCB, apparently he regressed.

Had to renew my license. And man I look old as fuck. I looked at my old license and not to toot my own horn but I look like a good young fella! Now I just look old and my face looks a lot fatter. I think I might understand how Matthew Fattford feels everyday now. This blows.

effzee

Eagles also get a 4th rounder that can become a 3rd, according to RapSheet.

I like this deal for us. We get rid of a guy we probably were going to cut anyway and add a starting caliber guard and an extra draft pick. Howie continues to make quality moves.

His physical tools seem to fit better at safety than CB. For some reason, the Eagles kept trying to force him at the corner spot. Belichick might switch him to safety and he could excel there.

Except we now know they don't want to keep Kline. Already shipped Dennis Kelly.

What OLINE or CB depth?

Is Rowe any good?

Yeah he is. 2nd round pick who can play safety or corner.

He doesn't "fit" into the new Eagles philosophy which is simply " was a Chip pick so lets move him" meanwhile Jim Schwartz brought in a bunch of mediocre corners he knows and is comfortable with from his days in Buffalo.

Line_HTX

Had to renew my license. And man I look old as fuck. I looked at my old license and not to toot my own horn but I look like a good young fella! Now I just look old and my face looks a lot fatter. I think I might understand how Matthew Fattford feels everyday now. This blows.

Old and ugly.

Except we now know they don't want to keep Kline. Already shipped Dennis Kelly.

What OLINE or CB depth?

Yeah he is. 2nd round pick who can play safety or corner.

He doesn't "fit" into the new Eagles philosophy which is simply " was a Chip pick so lets move him" meanwhile Jim Schwartz brought in a bunch of mediocre corners he knows and is comfortable with from his days in Buffalo.

So fucking true. This is such a dumb trade. Next up I guess is Shipping Nelson off for nothing.

This has nothing to do with chip... When you change coaching staffs, some guys aren't scheme fits.

LOL this is nonsense. The Eagles got much older at CB and they brought in guys that the Bills were not dying to keep. Seriously if your scheme doesnt have a place for a young athletic CB then maybe you need to look at your scheme.

Hindl

He showed potential but his future probably lies as a safety. If I were Bill I'd groom him to take over for Chung. He's young, and his best plays are when the play is in front of him. He's good in press coverage where he can jam receivers at the line, worse in off coverage. His tight hips mean that speedy receivers will beat him, but with proper coaching he can develop well. Also pretty good on ST

Pepiope

Yeah. Howie is going to jeopardize the team and his job cause fuck Chip. Not to mention being at odds with the new coach and DC. Right........

The eagles liked CJ Smith as much if not more than Rowe.

Fantomex

Since it's week 1 I figured I'd post one from each team, so 29?

Should I do the thread? I could do it but until Tomorrow since I have class

I need to restock my liquor cabinet on Saturday...

Either you do it or I do it friend. Someone has to represent NFL GAF to the lifelongs.

mjc

So what do I need to know around here if I'm gonna survive? Is this a safe place or is it a John Goodman safe space.

Yeah. Howie is going to jeopardize the team and his job cause fuck Chip. Not to mention being at odds with the new coach and DC. Right........

The eagles liked CJ Smith as much if not more than Rowe.

Th Eagles liked CJ Smith so much that they put him on the practice squad exposing him to every other team in the league. Makes a lot of sense.

So what do I need to know around here if I'm gonna survive? Is this a safe place or is it a John Goodman safe space.

You will be fine as long as you remember the Pats are cheats, their fans are all disgusting and you make sure to give plenty of belly rubs to everybody's favourite Jags fan Gata.

Fantomex

Fuck the pats and stay away from gata.

I think someone might be working on it but if not go ahead, I wouldn't have time until tomorrow.

We need to get to the bottom of this friend.

Who is working on the week 1 post degenerates? Me and Chris need to know before putting in the time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought the rules were that regular season and playoffs were always in Community, and only Super Bowl is OT?

It is, don't let that college thread fool you.

I think there should be a link to the "Kap sitting during the anthem" thread in the OP regardless.

Pepiope

Th Eagles liked CJ Smith so much that they put him on the practice squad exposing him to every other team in the league. Makes a lot of sense.
Yeah because they know his value around the league. It's why they kept Eric Rowe.

If Kline is traded for a draft pick I bet Smith is the one who gets promoted.

We need to get to the bottom of this friend.

Who is working on the week 1 post degenerates? Me and Chris need to know before putting in the time.

Here we go:

NFLGAF bros, I'm looking for a one-image summary of your team's status and/or hopes for 2016! This will either end up in the OP if I have to make it, in the OP if someone else makes it and I send it to them, or on the first page if I reply to the OP fast enough! With certainty like that, you would be crazy not to contribute immediately!

I guess you are good to go!

Edit:

@ArmandoSalguero now4 seconds ago
DeVante Parker is not practicing today. Again.

And just like that, the dream is dead ;_;

BigAT

The belief that the Eagles are operating their multi-billionaire dollar organization purely with the goal of fostering a personal vendetta towards Chip Kelly is approaching 9/11 Truther levels of delusional.

The belief that the Eagles are operating their multi-billionaire dollar organization purely with the goal of fostering a personal vendetta towards Chip Kelly is approaching 9/11 Truther levels of delusional.

An organization can have more then one goal. Goal 1, win a SB, goal 2 get rid of every player that Chip brought in that they can afford to lose. It is clear that there is a patteren of trading/releasing players who Chip brought in. Heck a lot of people in Philly were surprised that the Birds cut Taylor Hart, but I am sure it is just a weird coincidence that some many guys Chip brought in wound up not with the team.

An organization can have more then one goal. Goal 1, win a SB, goal 2 get rid of every player that Chip brought in that they can afford to lose. It is clear that there is a patteren of trading/releasing players who Chip brought in. Heck a lot of people in Philly were surprised that the Birds cut Taylor Hart, but I am sure it is just a weird coincidence that some many guys Chip brought in wound up not with the team.

It could also be the case that Chip sucked at evaluating talent at the pro level, or desired traits in players that the current staff values less. This seems infinitely more likely than a vendetta.

Mindlog

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman 1h1 hour ago

Greg Auman Retweeted Tom Pelissero

These 2016 projections have Bucs second in NFC South, going 8-8.
8-8! We're gonna shock the world. I dare say we may even win back to back games.

Still sticking with 7-9.

bionic77

Sports teams are toys for rich people.

Probably the best toy a person could buy for him or herself.

I could easily see an owner trying to get back at Chip if it made them happy. I mean Jerry Jones fired the head coach of the possibly the greatest football team of all time because he thought the coach was getting too much credit. Al Davis had a bat phone to call down plays during a game.

I don't now if it is true that the Eagles are just trying to erase all memory of Kelly irregardless of whether or not it made sense, but it would not be out of the ordinary for the NFL or sports teams owners in general.

Just think of the crazy shit you would do if you were a bored billionaire with your own football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom