• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata PS4 demo available now

K.Sabot

CfpOoVh.png

In other news, this is an important retweet.

There were people who thought that such a thing would actually be put into the game?
It's posible, there was a naked Vanille model from FFXIII on the disk so some devs do model more than what the game needs. And maybe its just the lighting on 2B that made it look like that, IDK, all I can say is that I have a regular PS4 and on the same latter I don't see nothing.

Dio

Banned
Wasn't Drakengard 3 hot garbage that had too many endings and a shit troll final boss?

I remember canceling my preorder when it was getting massive hate before/when it was released.

D3 was a good game hampered by an awful framerate at times.

Everything else was a great ride, even the final boss that personally hated my guts.

sensui-tomo

Wasn't Drakengard 3 hot garbage that had too many endings and a shit troll final boss?

I remember canceling my preorder when it was getting massive hate before/when it was released.
You don't like the rhythm boss battle? I'd laugh if it happens in this game, but it probably won't.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's posible, there was a naked Vanille model from FFXIII on the disk so some devs do model more than what the game needs. And maybe its just the lighting on 2B that made it look like that, IDK, all I can say is that I have a regular PS4 and on the same latter I don't see nothing.

There is a difference between hidden code in game configuration files and blatantly seeing 2B's assrim when she climbs a ladder.

That final boss was my favorite least favorite thing ever. Took me four hours to beat it with a guide but once I did I felt great. Like I just beat something impossible.

In terms of NieR Automata, man that demo was fantastic. The wait till March (or maybe February if the Japanese version has English dialogue and subtitles) is gonna be incredibly hard. I guess I'll replay the demo once a week until then.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Its a good Yoko Taro game badly held back by Access Games basically lacking the technical and artistic chops required to pull it off. Its one of those games where the difference in quality between the pre-rendered bits and gameplay segments is immense.

Funnily enough it'd probably benefit more from remastering (and easier too given its a UE3 title) than Nier would.

Though I enjoyed playing the demo (probably will play it several more times), I'm actually more interested in playing as 9S, if only for the mech suit.

I don't mean to butt in but I'm about to crack here. 3 pages of discussion over some Twitter bum's doctored picture of 2B's ass? Look at yourselves. "NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers" pff
I mean, I love the rear deal as much as anyone but this is just asinine. You all are really stretching the definition of good taste here. I don't even see what you could do to rectify this situation. Your reputation is soiled. Ram that thought deep into your skull and make sure to remember how it feels before deciding to take a dump on another thread.

The best thing to do would be to take a deep breath and zip it before this shit hits the fan and Kotaku starts producing articles about it. Would be a shame for Taro's game to get swallowed by the gaping maw that is modern games media.

Anyone who's actually interested in the game or played the demo was able to tell it's fake at first glance anyway.

I don't mean to butt in but I'm about to crack here. 3 pages of discussion over some Twitter bum's doctored picture of 2B's ass? Look at yourselves. "NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers" pff
I mean, I love the rear deal as much as anyone but this is just asinine. You all are really stretching the definition of good taste here. I don't even see what you could do to rectify this situation. Your reputation is soiled. Ram that thought deep into your skull and make sure to remember how it feels before deciding to take a dump on another thread.

The best thing to do would be to take a deep breath and zip it before this shit hits the fan and Kotaku starts producing articles about it. Would be a shame for Taro's game to get swallowed by the gaping maw that is modern games media.

Anyone who's actually interested in the game or played the demo was able to tell it's fake at first glance anyway.

Were those puns intended? :p

Also everyone keeps talking about it, but I never even saw the picture, someone just randomly talked about it?

Alucrid

Banned

meh. it would probably be a better use of your time to troll good games.

Adaren

TBH the game is already deeper than anything I know of in Revengeance.

Though I stand by my opinion that more mechanical complexity doesn't necessarily make a better battle system, so yeah.

Managed to get up there. It's tough! Also seems like you're meant to which is great.
Heard there was an out of bounds area, anyone know where?

Preordered through Amazon today. I didn't realize it's 47.99 (U.S.) for Prime members right now. Folks might want to jump on that if it isn't widely known yet.

Derp.

sensui-tomo

Preordered through Amazon today. I didn't realize it's 47.99 (U.S.) for Prime members right now. Folks might want to jump on that if it isn't widely known yet.

prime does a 20% off new games discount. like Best buy, (except they have 20% off all the time unlike amazon's 2-4 weeks or whatever after release.)

K.Sabot

Amazon Prime has had a 20% discount for pre-orders for a few months now, it's great!

Got the Persona 5 Premium Edition for $76 vs $89 thanks to it.

edit: it was actually $71 vs $89, even more savings!

Starborn

Neo Member
best buy's gamer membership is pretty good. I've often kicked myself for not buying the $30 2 year membership everytime i see a best buy game for sale. I would have made that money back two times already. i have amazon prime and their $20 off new games is good, but not great for clearance or price drops.

FrankWza

Guessed I figured out that huge leap at the beginning. Doesn't seem like something you can just do whenever you want. It's dependent on the terrain, particularly the rubble that forms the steps downwards. If you land the Heavy Attack at the tip of the ledges, it'll boost you forward.
It seems to be related to the pod. Once I mapped fire to L2, I can do it pretty consistently with air -> heavy+dodge (+ L2 once airborne).

Might be getting extra distance by shooting 2B? Fire location (controlling via camera position) seems to matter.

Jiraiza

It seems to be related to the pod. Once I mapped fire to L2, I can do it pretty consistently with air -> heavy+dodge (+ L2 once airborne).

Might be getting extra distance by shooting 2B? Fire location (controlling via camera position) seems to matter.

Nope, the pod isn't related at all. I'll put up a video real fast.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hey, that was a neat demo. I totally wasn't expecting a shooter.

My only complaint is that they made it too hard to peek under the skirt.

So, being familiar with Taro's works... Am I the only one who thinks this isn't going to be much of a Taro game?

The YoRHa play that this is based on doesn't seem very Taro to me, and this looks like a much more risky, bigger budget, more heavily advertised game. I feel like Square wouldn't want to take that route with this one.

The demo also gave me more Platinum vibes than it did Taro vibes but that might just be a demo thing.

Demo is wonderful, too. Plays pretty much like the MGR sequel I wanted.

Top Bottom