• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Wait a minute, Rich said it's hours after the event...The rumored 3DS event.

So if all of this comes together, Nintendo was originally going to have this for Wii U but decided to wait till E3 to announce it.

Erm...no. He said ahead. It'll be info on what they'll be getting at the event.

EDIT: Also to others. Nintendo's silence on Wii U is not mysterious they literally said they have failed to hit their deadlines for software releases and don't have anything to show till E3. Iwata said this very exactly.

mclem

Going to be glorious when it actually does happen.

Well, if we can fantasise...

New Smash Bros Wii U/3DS footage! Usual unveling of new characters; hey, there's Cranky Kong! Gosh, is that Mike Jones? Trailer ends, and like Snake's reveal, there's a stinger. A scene of Ness and Lucas battling, when they're both blown away... by a character who looks similar to them, but unfamiliar.
Camera zooms in, new character dissolves into pixel art. A pixel background fades in.

Theatre explodes.

April 17th - Kirby's Adventure (NES) releases on Wii U VC

April 17th - Nintendo 3DS Direct

That reminds me, better purchase punch-out.

I don't expect many new game announcements but it'd be cool to have a date for M&L: Dream Team, some localizations and Miiverse/account system.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
EDIT: Also to others. Nintendo's silence on Wii U is not mysterious they literally said they have failed to hit their deadlines for software releases and don't have anything to show till E3. Iwata said this very exactly.

I don't remember that at all.

Were all the others headlined or did it happen just to the important ones?

1. The 1/23 Wii U Nintendo Direct was prominently featured on the Nintendo.co.uk homepage (Mario Kart U at E3, 3D Mario U at E3, Smash Bros. U, at E3, Wind Waker U, new Zelda U, X, etc.)

2. The 2/14 3DS Nintendo Direct was prominently featured on the Nintendo.co.uk homepage (new Mario & Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Golf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, etc.)

3. The 4/17 Nintendo Direct is prominently featured on the Nintendo.co.uk homepage (probably new Zelda, Bravely Default Localization, etc.)

So far I can't find any evidence of any other ones. It looks like it's a recent feature (combined with a website redesign) that NOE reserves for the BIG Nintendo Directs.

Meelow

Banned

Ahead sorry.

I don't remember Iwata saying that, he said they'll have a upcoming Wii U third party direct, that's what I remember.

I don't think they will show Smash footage before E3, but I think it would be smart of them to go ahead and show off Mario U and Mario Kart.

People will want to see fan favorites and indications that Nintendo is putting money in to high budget productions.

The latter statement is exactly why they're not announcing anything right now. They have no doubt fallen way short of expectations and are going to spend the immediate aftermath of their results meeting throwing out fire-dampening announcements to exert some damage control... you bury bad news with good.

You attempt to dampen bad news by announcing good news first. That's what Nintendo did with the Jan. 23 Wii U ND, which came a week before their Q3 results.

khaaan

6380430495_d5bc9822c2_z.jpg

plz

I didn't even know this was something I wanted.

Though I loved OOT3D, I can understand where you're coming from. There's just something about the original style, even if it does look a bit dated now. I never considered the new graphics "anime" looking though.

Yeah. The new one looks so colorfull and "happy". That makes me instant "Nope". I liked OoT and MM more then any Zelda because the style were between childish and adult. And this is the reason why i found them epic.

I have never heard of somebody saying OoT looks like anime, 3ds port or otherwise.

And a potential MM 3DS version would look identical to OoT.

If you look at the Comparisions you will see some differences.

On one Picture where you can see both Links that 3DS Link has some Anime looking. In OoT you had a darker look and somehow his facial structure doesnt reminds me of an Anime Character because you can see that his eye was drawn like western style. In western style you draw both eyelids. Only drawing the upper eyelid is more common for Anime Style.

Well besides that you have that awful bright and bloom stuff in the 3DS version. Graphical wise it is better yeah. More Polygons better textures here and there but the colors are simply not OoT.

I don't think they will show Smash footage before E3, but I think it would be smart of them to go ahead and show off Mario U and Mario Kart.

People will want to see fan favorites and indications that Nintendo is putting money in to high budget productions.

Also, once they show off Smash no-one is going to give even a fraction of a fuck about Mario Kart, so they might as well do that one first.

I don't remember that at all.

In the big Wii U direct (X and all that) he said they had problems at the start of 2012 but had sorted them now; then that certain games would defoes be at E3.

The general suggestion being they were unable to meet the release schedule they were aiming for.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Also, once they show off Smash no-one is going to give even a fraction of a fuck about Mario Kart, so they might as well do that one first.

So sad, but so true. Then again, Mario Kart wii launched a mere month after Brawl here in the United States if I remember correctly, and it did fine.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
In the big Wii U direct (X and all that) he said they had problems at the start of 2012 but had sorted them now; then that certain games would defoes be at E3.

The general suggestion being they were unable to meet the release schedule they were aiming for.

I'm almost positive Iwata said that starting in March there would be a steady stream of software released. He did say stuff like Mario Kart would be at E3, but I'm positive he said nothing to imply that stuff like Pikmin and Wii Fit U was going to be post E3.

Soriku

I'm almost positive Iwata said that starting in March there would be a steady stream of software released. He did say stuff like Mario Kart would be at E3, but I'm positive he said nothing to imply that stuff like Pikmin and Wii Fit U was going to be post E3.

Iwata says a lot of things :/

I don't know. I hope Wii U picks up.

So sad, but so true. Then again, Mario Kart wii launched a mere month after Brawl here in the United States if I remember correctly, and it did fine.

I just meant for the kind of person that watches Nintendo Directs and such- obviously the general public will probably appreciate Mario Kart a lot more once it releases.

Bullza2o

NoE headlines with a White XL, NoA headlines with a blue/black XL

please release white XL noa

If anything they should have headlined with the Pikachu XL :p

Got class that time, so I'll have to wait til after lunch to watch. The wait will be unbearable.

Einbroch

Banned
Wait, why would they "relaunch" the 3DS? Isn't it selling gangbusters in Japan? A hardware revision would make no sense, unless you're talking about software "relaunch".

Please don't lie.

Iwata in the January 23rd Nintendo Direct said:
Nintendo takes seriously its responsibility to offer a steady stream of new titles in the very early days of a new platform to establish a good lineup of software. On the other hand, we also firmly believe we have to offer quality experiences when we release new titles. Based on our software development schedules at the end of last year, we concluded we should spend a little more time satisfying our Nintendo standard of quality. I apologize to those supporting Wii U about the lack of new titles from Nintendo in January and February. But please understand that we will have new titles to offer from March onward. We are planning a steady stream of games from this spring to summer, including Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover from our friends at TT Games, and of course, The Wonderful 101, which Platinum Games is working on.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I just meant for the kind of person that watches Nintendo Directs and such- obviously the general public will probably appreciate Mario Kart a lot more once it releases.

Yeah, I completely agree. Smash casts a long shadow over any of Nintendo's multiplayer offerings, even Mario Kart.

Dragon Quest VII, Rocket Slime 3, PLEASE!?

Wow, stop reminding me how many games we need to get localized. T_T

I completely forgot about the new Rocket slime game. Oh... and Terry's Wonderland. Ugh!

That's my recollection as well.

Bullza2o

My guess: Mario Golf in July, M&L in August, BDFF in September

I would be very happy if they announce BDFF. I would not be happy if they spend too much time on SMTIV unless they show a new trailer, same with Project X Zone. A recap of OS version 5 isn't too good either.

I think they'll describe OS 5.5 with Miiverse and a few localization announcements if NCL does not have a Direct.

At this point, halfway through April, it seems unlikely Pikmin is going to get a release date for within the next six weeks. I think we're looking at mid-to-late June for Pikmin 3, which unfortunately is post-E3. Though I very much doubt they'll mention Pikmin 3 at the show. It's not high-profile enough to compete for attention with the likes of Smash Bros, Mario 3D, and whatever they announce from Retro. And we shouldn't discount the possibility that at the time Iwata made that statement, in January, that Pikmin 3's development has since been pushed further back than they expected at the time.

serplux

I would be very happy if they announce BDFF. I would not be happy if they spend too much time on SMTIV unless they show a new trailer, same with Project X Zone. A recap of OS version 5 isn't too good either.

I think they'll describe OS 5.5 with Miiverse and a few localization announcements if NCL does not have a Direct.

It's not worth a new number? :p

GetemMa

Well that isn't true.

Top Bottom