• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 3rd Party Publisher Games (2014.7.11)

redcrayon

What are we looking at realistically?

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate trailer + Release date (Early October)
New Namco-Bandai Anime title (Toei most likely) + Tales of the World trailer
Bravely Second CG trailer + Release date (November) or Final Fantasy Explorers trailer
Puzzle & Dragons Z Enhanced Edition
Atlus announcement
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson trailer

The above seems probable no?
Any Atlus announcement for 3DS in Japan will probably be the remake of Etrian Odyssey II that they hinted at recently.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hey, there could be also Natsume, right? I'm a bit confused about them right now...but we could see

Medarot 8
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hey, there could be also Natsume, right? I'm a bit confused about them right now...but we could see

Medarot 8
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

The former is not related to Natsume, the latter is not coming out in Japan.

L~A

Ok, I highlighted the Japan-only part in the OP, since lots of people are missing it.

By the way, I really hope we get some Dai Gyakuten Saiban during the direct, tomorrow.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm trying to contain my hype for Shu Takumi's new game until Capcom USA confirms they're bringing it over. I hope to see it too though.

Eolz

if there's not one for the west at the same time, I can see one announced next week or so if they need to add subtitles to some trailers for example (bravely second, etc).

L~A

if there's not one for the west at the same time, I can see one announced next week or so if they need to add subtitles to some trailers for example (bravely second, etc).

Reason there's probably no western Direct is because most games to be showcase probably haven't been confirmed for the WEST YET.

For example, a translated trailer for Bravely Second would confirm a western localisation is on the way.... and I somehow doubt SE is ready to confirm that just yet :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
among eshop games, apart from Azure Striker Gunvolt, we could see also Sega 3D Classics Fantasy Zone 2, considering that it will be out next week and that Sega's Yosuke Okunari just retweeted the Direct tweet

Foffy

Banned
Reason there's probably no western Direct is because most games to be showcase probably haven't been confirmed for the WEST YET.

For example, a translated trailer for Bravely Second would confirm a western localisation is on the way.... and I somehow doubt SE is ready to confirm that just yet :)

D-do you know something we don't? ;_;

Eolz

Why wouldn't they? It would be a good occasion, and I doubt they'll do a second edition fixing things for this one.

For the other things, there has already been multiple hints about more localizations (even if it's "just" english like SMTIV) of japanese games to get more support on the 3DS this year.
Even if it's not a lot, we already have some confirmed depending on the regions (MonHun, Senran Kagura 2, SMT IV...) and some others that wouldn't be a surprise (new Layton for example)...

random25

Aside from games that we have an idea about, I hope there are also new surprises in this 3rd party Direct. Any idea how long this Direct will be?

watershed

Banned
I'm sure there will be a new game or two. I always look forward to these, even when they show games that probably won't be localized.

Tenumi

Banned
If it wasn't for the fact that it's 3rd party stuff, I'd be hoping for news from Camelot. As it is, it should be interesting enough to watch, hoping things make their way west.

Mortemis

Banned
Japan only... no hype. Serious though, all those lists people are posting aren't doing it for me. Would love some AA6 news though.

Guys Mega Man is dead. Just make him your main in SSB and move on. :(

Sendou

Japan only... no hype. Serious though, all those lists people are posting aren't doing it for me. Would love some AA6 news though.

Guys Mega Man is dead. Just make him your main in SSB and move on. :(

You can also buy the beautiful Amiibo figurine!

GSR

Ok, I highlighted the Japan-only part in the OP, since lots of people are missing it.

By the way, I really hope we get some Dai Gyakuten Saiban during the direct, tomorrow.

Ordinarily I'd be down on DGS' chances, but given it was announced in a Direct to begin with, it might have a shot. It still feels a little more likely they might wait for TGS, though.

(Unless Capcom plans on rolling out GS6/GK3 in the near future as well, in which case they'd probably have to stagger publicity so they don't have a combo DGS/GS6 or GK3 reveal at TGS. But that seems very unlikely to me.)

Also: have I ever mentioned you are scarily fast on posting GAF threads? I worry about you sometimes.

Akiraptor

Black because the future is dark, and red because they're in the red?

I GET IT NOW... THE 3RD PARTY IS NINTENDO.

That is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. It's obvious that they're planning to bring back the Virtual Boy.

Surprised this is Japan-only, especially this late in the 3DS's life.

Sendou

That is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. It's obvious that they're planning to bring back the Virtual Boy.

Directs are only worldwide when they cover the same games everywhere. For obvious reasons it can't be the case here. Probably half of the games they show won't leave Japan.

CDX

Japan Only

3rd Party Publisher

....hmmmm Not really feeling the hype, because it seems a lot of the 3rd party titles that could be interesting never get brought over.

I guess Shovel Knight could show up. Which would be good news for Japanese gamers. But isn't the Nintendo really restrictive about allowing indie companies not based in Japan on the Japanese eshop?

Asbear

Banned

Late? The DS lasted from late 2004 and still got a steam of new games at its final years in 2010-2011. It lasted 5-6 years. The 3DS is just past half of its life-cycle or something.

Top Bottom