• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

Dee Dee

Damn, I forgot Minecraft is console exclusive to PS4 in Europe.

Is this a thing?
I honestly don't know, and googling "Minecraft Xbox" doesn't necessarily tell me if it's a EU or NA version. :/
I only play it on computer and own no other console than Wii U, so I truely never looked into this.
I know it's on the Windows 10 Store, which has lots of X-Box logos... Did I miss a joke here about how PS4 is dominating EU, or...?

jariw

Is this a thing?
I honestly don't know, and googling "Minecraft Xbox" doesn't necessarily tell me if it's a EU or NA version. :/
I only play it on computer and own no other console than Wii U, so I truely never looked into this.
I know it's on the Windows 10 Store, which has lots of X-Box logos... Did I miss a joke here about how PS4 is dominating EU, or...?

Minecraft is currently available for Xbox 360, XBone, Vita, PS3, PS4 in Europe.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My guesses:
- Smash 4 stream dedicated to Solid Snake/Metal Gear DLC
- Platinum Game presents...(insert bayonetta 3/vanquish 2/new ip)
- Newly acquired vapourware from struggling developer
- Hideo Kojima receives funding and team to re-collaborate with del Toro and Ito on new horror IP
- Metroid Prime 4
- Revival of long dormant Nintendo IP (eg: Mother)
- Debut footage of The Legend of Zelda for NX, demonstrating improvements over Wii U
- Pikmin 4 (MMO)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So Nintendo are still clueless and stuck in the past then... Good enough reason to ignore the NX then.

Ignote NX because of older consoles policies? Doesn't make any sense. Older consoles are old, to see how the account will work on NX you have to wait for..well for NX

Iwata has been revived as a cyborg, will connect himself to the cloud to make Nintendo's next console twenty times as powerful as a gaming PC.

Or it's just a formal announcement of the date for the Smash Bros. direct

Wait, didn't they say Nintendo was to release more titles between now and the end of the fiscal year, that weren't announced yet? Maybe it's that, but then I wouldn't expect much from it either.

My guesses:
- Hideo Kojima receives funding and team to re-collaborate with del Toro and Ito on new horror IP
- Metroid Prime 4
- Debut footage of The Legend of Zelda for NX, demonstrating improvements over Wii U
- Pikmin 4 (MMO)
Sounds reasonable.

Dee Dee

- Pikmin 4 (MMO)

Nintendo MOBA/Hero Brawler, when?

Look, it's either Nintendo going the route or Final Fantasy.

Anyways, thanks for clearing up that weird Minecraft remark.

I will bet on the introduction of the account system, and a date for the Smash Direct - but clearly, everyone better get their "It's fucking nothing"-gifs ready.

orioto

Good Art™
I know Smash is great and all but guys... As long as you think a "big announcement" is new content for an existing game you already have.. Nintendo's not gonna be pushed real far you know..

Dee Dee

Iwata has been revived as a cyborg, will connect himself to the cloud to make Nintendo's next console twenty times as powerful as a gaming PC.

:(

Or it's just a formal announcement of the date for the Smash Bros. direct

Best Case Scenario, to be honest.

Wait, didn't they say Nintendo was to release more titles between now and the end of the fiscal year, that weren't announced yet? Maybe it's that, but then I wouldn't expect much from it either.

That was just Pokemon Picross. Don't believe their lies, man.

My guesses:
- Metroid Prime 4
- Pikmin 4 (MMO)
Don't forget Half-Life 3 being an NX exclusive. It's practically guaranteed at this point.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I know Smash is great and all but guys... As long as you think a "big announcement" is new content for an existing game you already have.. Nintendo's not gonna be pushed real far you know..

The source is the indie guy so it will not be smash nei the, imho.

I'm making idiotic jokes, but in truth his influence on Nintendo will still be felt for years and years (although I'm tempted to say this is already going wrong, what's with one particularly rushed Nintendo-published title recently...).

Best Case Scenario, to be honest.
What would the worst case scenario be?

That was just Pokemon Picross. Don't believe their lies, man.
Oh yeah that's a thing.

TheMoon

Hope it's NX!

I don't get excitement for Smash really, how many characters does that game need? Aren't there about 50 already?

->

I laugh at everyone thinking this has anything to do with NX lol.

This is either gonna be the date for the Smash Bros. stream or the Minecraft U reveal. Nothing more than that. Get a grip, people.

My guesses:
- Metroid Prime 4
- Pikmin 4 (MMO)

Stop leaking everything! :)

TheMoon

Nintendo Account launches in the US and EU.

No need to hype for games...
Maybe Smash

Last week, Nintendo Account was confirmed to launch in the West in March alongside the other stuff. The JP launch is a test run for them.

Xun

Showing anything related to the NX would make literally no sense whatsoever.

I hope people are joking.

TheJoRu

Every day from January 1st 2016 until the day Nintendo starts talking about NX is going to be a massacre here on GAF.

TheMoon

Every day from January 1st 2016 until the day Nintendo starts talking about NX is going to be a massacre here on GAF.

oh god, the horror. every little tease about "something cool" from any industry-related person will be "OMG NX REVEAL!" ...fantastic. :D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just realized that ,From January 1st 2016 , Gaf Will begin to hype up a NX announcement every month.

You pleb. Every month? Pft. I hope you meant every single day. Every hour is slightly too exhausting, but it'd be possible as well. That's the mastah race of dreams and hopes.

Rodin

Kojima hired in Retro Studios as a director. Retro's new game is Eternal Darkness 2 by Kojima, Del Toro and Reedus.

_SAKY_

Nintendo is the king of getting people hyped

No. Nintendo so good, that people get hyped. If this was anyone else then everyone would be laughing about "announcement of an announcement".

On topic: final smash chracter news. Winner of the fighter ballot.

No way it's NX why would they risk cannibalizing holiday Wii u sales?
Cannibalise sales? What sales? Hah.

Keep your expectations in check, guys. There's always crazy hype at these little announcements of announcements and then we get meltdowns. Wait, why am I complaining? I love GAF meltdowns.

Need to buy some popcorn...

Top Bottom