• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

If there's one thing this weekend has taught us, it's that we should definitely get hyped up to the max for this! THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND! DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER, PUSSIES?

AGITΩ

Expecting Smash Direct announcement, no more no less. Keep expectations low....keep expectations low....keep expectations low...

Didn't they say during the last Direct that there would be a Smash announcement in December? It's probably that. Either that or a new Wave Race.

They're going to announce that NX is now a kickstarter project.

"We want fans to input what they want in the NX. We want to make this the Nintendo fans console, and your money put towards this kickstarter will translate to votes for what you want. You want backwards compatibility? Donate $100 towards BC. You want region free gaming? Donate $500 towards making the console region free."
-Nintendo

Garou

Whoever thinks that they are talking about a new system three weeks before christmas is out of their mind. On top of that, how many times do they have to say "No NX-news until 2016"?

AniHawk

I would hope that it would be NX news... but my guy tells me it's going to be Legend of Zelda related.

'your guy?'

i think maybe we'll get news of what's happening for the 30th anniversary if it's zelda. kind of have a hard time believing they're going to show anything for an nx game at this point.

Red Devil

Kimishima just said for the 57438957984375895th time a few days ago that they'll talk about NX next year, so it's not that. My guesses:
-An unnanounced title
-SSB Broadcast date
-Some sort of Direct-mini dedicated to Zelda U
-Something about the new account system or whatever related to that

Roo

The guy is making it sound like it's really big but I'm not holding my breath.
Probably related to the Smash broadcast or something similar..

TheJoRu

I got my .gif ready.

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Quick google, and he seems to be in charge of indie:s, so probably nothing I will care about.

Yep, it was announced during the one hour Nindie section of the NWR telethon, so adjust expectations accordingly.

kirby_fox

Banned
- Smash Direct date announced (or is on Monday and they announce it out of nowhere to be in a few hours? Would they...do that?)
- eShop title announced and dropping on Tuesday (Minecraft)
- Nintendo Account is detailed a bit more and launching "soon"...exclusive content from NOA for Nintendo fans if they sign up for Nintendo Account within X amount of days and already have an account linked for Wii U/3DS
- Announcement of a big title (like Mother 3) coming stateside for the first time
- It's not that big and is just some game he's excited about personally, and is trying to hype up so people will learn about it and buy it

I'll play it safe and assume the last one.

There's an outside chance they might be showing off Pokémon Z in Coro Coro next week, so maybe they're revealing it beforehand?

No expectations, though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, let's see.
What could it be?

1) Smash Broadcast's announcement: if we need to base it on the 16th's date, an announcement on 7th sounds way too early. If it's indeed on that day, it would be announced on December 9th, 7 days before it happens. It's also possible that the broadcast happens earlier, and Cloud (+ whoever else is there) is realeased a few days after the broadcast. A live stream on December 14th could be announced on December 7th, just to say.

2) Minecraft Wii U Edition: already rated by PEGI (page then removed, but it's not a fake: things don't get rated without consent/randomly), it could be the time for he announcement

3) Some major indie game? Well, it's Damon. Nindie love all over our souls. Seriously, though, it could be a possibility.

4) A brand new Humble Nindie Bundle could happen, since the first one was successful. When are HB usually announced though? IIRC, it was on Tuesdays, but I could be wrong. Or maybe, even if Tuesday is the usual announcement day, there's something different/special, so the announcement is earlier.

I suppose this covers all the possibilities we can predict.

TheMoon

I laugh at everyone thinking this has anything to do with NX lol.

This is either gonna be the date for the Smash Bros. stream or the Minecraft U reveal. Nothing more than that. Get a grip, people.

Top Bottom