• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

Minecraft U is a big announcement in the sense that it's a big title finally coming to Wii U. But it's also an old title already available on everything else finally ported to a platform floundering in the market and (in my opinion) unlikely to offer much in the ways of significant hardware movement. Market and audience appeal would be niche. Welcome, but niche.

So I dunno. I personally wouldn't consider that a "big announcement", but I'm sure for some it would be.

Add Amiibo support and watch the hype rise.

RPGCrazied

Dropping Metroid from Federation Force's name, to blastball adventures. Reveal a Metroid Wii U game.

Zelda U demo with Twilight Princess HD.

Ultimate dream

ngower

If it's *big* then I imagine it's a Wii U price drop, announcement of the account system revision in North America or some sort of price drop for big games. Maybe the Smash stream. I doubt they're just gonna drop the NX out of nowhere during the holiday season.

It's always interesting to see how people react to *big* news as this could be big from someone who is a huge Smash fan and thus hype for Smash. But for those that aren't as hyped on Smash as the Smash community, this isn't really *big* news. We shall see.

cand

Is just me or since yesterday it's impossible to buy games from nintendo's website ?
Maybe they've blocked my region? (BR)

It's Nintendo, so I expect nothing. "Buy 3 or more Amiibos and get a free big head mode for Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival!", or a new Smash character or something. It's just safer that way.

Personally, I hope it is Minecraft WiiU. I'd snap that up right quick, and be finally able to sell off my 360 (which exists only to be a Minecraft machine for my kids).

phanphare

Banned
It will be something like FF7 Remake on NX

Nintendo going 3rd party announcement.

BgWMTF1.gif

MrV4ltor

LOL

My guess is QOL. Or Retro's next game.
Damon Baker is mainly known for being Nintendo's Indie guy. You really think he would tease QoL or Retro would announce their next game outside of a Nintendo Direct? Scale it back a bit to something like Minecraft Wii U or some other big Indie announcement.

Volotaire

An idiot like me thinks that a "big announcement" would mean something like getting more info on a game we know next to nothing about that is supposedly slated for next year. I can't think of much else that would be considered big at the moment that isn't info involving the NX or their Account System.

I think it's because it's a single announcement (non-direct), it's Damon Baker (who is involved with a lot of indie projects/relations at Nintendo), that Nintendo has mentioned any NX related news will stay in 2016 and that any large announcements that mention future hardware would impact sales in the holiday period that we can assume it will be something much smaller. I'd love to be wrong! I wish I had your hype!

If it were indeed NX for Christmas 2015 globally, stores would need to have them now or be getting them very soon for this to be legit, surely? And how would they keep something like that a secret? I don't buy it. And by that I don't mean the NX. I will buy that.

ryanofcall

Federation Force coming to Wii U.
he said big. Not good.

No way it's the NX guys... c'mon don't do this to yourselfes.

Oregano

If it were indeed NX for Christmas 2015 globally, stores would need to have them now or be getting them very soon for this to be legit, surely? And how would they keep something like that a secret? I don't buy it. And by that I don't mean the NX. I will buy that.

NX was inside of us all along. It's in our hearts.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I think it's going to be Minecraft, but it's going to be a Minecraft stuffed to the gills with Nintendo IP.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
But what if it comes with special features like amiibo compatibility, Nintendo world built in... ?

Add Amiibo support and watch the hype rise.

This would be sensible and great but still mainly appealing only to those who already own Wii U systems and collect Amiibos. Aka the market that already exists.

I agree with the post stating Minecraft Wii U would indeed be a big announcement from the guy who deals with third party relationships.

Mr Swine

Banned
Are we sure it's "big" big announcement for tomorrow? I mean couldn't it be some indie titles coming to Wii U or 3DS? Has Nintendo said anything on their Twitter page?

Top Bottom